Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Brian Little?

Hate Little?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Hate him still git ****
    • Nah forgot about all that now
    • dunno

Do we have any hate left for Brian Little?

I remember the spineless way he left us! "I'm not going anywhere" with his map to Birmingham in his pocket! Git!

I do however remember his tim fondly at Leicester, good days with the playoffs, wembley, and prem football even tho we were rubbish :angry:

Think i understand why he left as Villa was his club just wish he could have been more up front about it! I would not have liked it but would have respected his rights and him much more. :thumbup:

I have more of a dislike of Mark Mcghee to be honest, Little started the ball rolling and the way he turned us in such a short space of time was nothing more than a miracle

Kilworth, this is a stupid and pointlessly negative poll. Brian Little has claret and blue blood in his veins. The only thing he could be accused of was trying to be too fair to everyone but tripped up because he is such a decent genuine man.

Kilworth, this is a stupid and pointlessly negative poll. Brian Little has claret and blue blood in his veins. The only thing he could be accused of was trying to be too fair to everyone but tripped up because he is such a decent genuine man.

oh

i agree (with the bolded bit), but if someone wasn't as old as another person in the early 1990's it's difficult to get a guage on how things were and a person won't find out unless they ask.

even at the time when he went, and returned with villa, i felt sorry for the man (the reaction he got from the leicester fans was awful) and, though, i didn't know it at the time, he'd laid the solid foundations on which martin o'neill built his team (an which john elsom and peter taylor, allowed the damp to go uncheked in!) i knew when he went he had done all he could with us and also respected the fact that villa (as with MO and celtic) would be the only team he'd leave us for.

I agree with all of it...Brian Little is a decent and honest person that commands my respect and admiration ~ and there's precious few of them these days.

I agree with all of it...Brian Little is a decent and honest person that commands my respect and admiration ~ and there's precious few of them these days.

I don't hate Little at all, what i said was that he should have been more honest before he left, as he did say he was not going then the next day he had left that is why the LCFC fans reacted badly at the time. The guy was not upfront about his intentions. He is however as you say a decent bloke.

Brian Little remains a hero in my eyes.

As Allen says, it was a little unfortunate that he left when he did, but you can't blame him for going. In the same position, I would have done the same.

Magoo deserves far more flack for his defection. Little had accomplished much - Magoo did nothing. We were piss-poor when Magoo sneaked off. It was a pity for MON that he inherited such a mess from Magoo.

I was there when we played Villa on Little's return, the atmosphere that night was evil, and I'm as guilty as anyone. On reflection I regret it. The way he turn us around from barely escaping relegation the season before to play off finalists was miraculous. 50% of the success that MON had was down to him.

I was there when we played Villa on Little's return, the atmosphere that night was evil, and I'm as guilty as anyone. On reflection I regret it. The way he turn us around from barely escaping relegation the season before to play off finalists was miraculous. 50% of the success that MON had was down to him.

Totally agree, how we reached the play offs with players like Willis and Coatsworth still puzzles me but with 2 top coaches in Gregory and Evans ( not unlike MON's quality backroom staff ) we had a system hard to beat and knicked a lot of poor games.

To open up the debate he would be my choice as someone to help Kelly out as director of Football, he is apparently looking to add to the staff, they all know each other from Wolves days, seems a fit to me?

Totally agree, how we reached the play offs with players like Willis and Coatsworth still puzzles me but with 2 top coaches in Gregory and Evans ( not unlike MON's quality backroom staff ) we had a system hard to beat and knicked a lot of poor games.

To open up the debate he would be my choice as someone to help Kelly out as director of Football, he is apparently looking to add to the staff, they all know each other from Wolves days, seems a fit to me?

I'd be happy with that. In fact, I'd be happy if he got the job outright.

I don't think he'll come into the equation though.

ive never been one for holding grudges for about 15 years.

Was annoyed at the time but too much of the wet stuff has flowed past to hold a grudge, we have had much worse since..he fell flat on his face at Villa and we got MON..eventually so live and let live!

Little took us to the playoffs three times, and eventually into the Premiership.

He's one of only TWO bosses to have managed a winning City side at Wembley.

He's therefore light years ahead of anyone we have had since O'Neill left.

Whenever a manager comes on board that has a big link to a club through a playing career, its only natural that at some stage if the opportunity came along they would jump ship, and thats what Little did. I expect Keano to do the same to Sunderland if Man Utd came running, Pixy Wise to do the same if Chelski came in (lol can see that one happening) and so on.

Maybe we should just be thankful of the work Little did when he was there.

BTW lol talking about him after all these years. We must be really happy with our manager if we are resorting to slamming managers from over a decade ago!

Brian Little 'Started the Wave'

He turned the club around and made us into promotion chasers again. Alright he had a penchant for signing ageing bald or ginger players but he did 'start the wave'

and then f**ked off to villa. But no one can deny he kick-started the club

Brian Little 'Started the Wave'

He turned the club around and made us into promotion chasers again. Alright he had a penchant for signing ageing bald or ginger players but he did 'start the wave'

and then f**ked off to villa. But no one can deny he kick-started the club

PMSL - Well put! :thumbup:

Archived