Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mbd123

Elvis missed from 3 foot

I'd love to see Thrac somehow defending that miss. I was in stitches too when I saw it.

To me that miss summed up Elvis perfectly. Nuff said.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle. It's only now you've decided Kelly's no good and I'd have loved to hear you defend what he's served up for football the previous weeks.

As for Hammond I'm perfectly happy to carry a torch for him after yesterday. He hurtled into the front end of the box to try and make that chance and was there to be seen in the box time and again in the frantic half-an-hour he was given to try and salvage what the other wasters (Hume excepted) had already sacrificed.

It was always a forlorn hope. Hammond got no sympathy concerning offside goals he's had disallowed and yesterday's wouldn't have counted either. It was totally irrelevent in reality. But, as usual, he created all sorts of problems for QPR's previously cruising defence, played a small but important part in the build up to the penalty and might, with luck have done more.

Some folks should get off his back and save their vitriol for the arseholes who didn't miss a sodding thing for us today because they never got themselves anywhere near where it just might hurt.

Keep writing essays on how good Hammond is, I couldn't give a damn.

And if Hammond had scored the goal, it would have been relevant to you because you seem to count 'disallowed goals' as a criteria for judging strikers. :rolleyes:

Keep writing essays on how good Hammond is, I couldn't give a damn.

And if Hammond had scored the goal, it would have been relevant to you because you seem to count 'disallowed goals' as a criteria for judging strikers. :rolleyes:

I don't need to count disallowed goals, missed chances, bad control, stubbed toes, misjudged bounces or anything else to know that Hammond's presence invariably coincides with good results for Leicester and that he causes far more havoc among defences than Horsfield.

I don't need to count disallowed goals, missed chances, bad control, stubbed toes, misjudged bounces or anything else to know that Hammond's presence invariably coincides with good results for Leicester and that he causes far more havoc among defences than Horsfield.

For crying out loud he is far better than Horsfield admitedly, but I just don't know how you can advocate Hammond playing. Hammond's presence coincides with good results for Leicester my arse, provide evidence please.

For crying out loud he is far better than Horsfield admitedly, but I just don't know how you can advocate Hammond playing. Hammond's presence coincides with good results for Leicester my arse, provide evidence please.

Because Dodds is now on loan and we haven't got another fit alternative, for a start.

Basically, because Fryatt's injured and Cadamarteri's gone on loan, it boils down to who you would prefer to play - Horsfield or Hammond? I don't rate either, but like Thracian I'd take Hammond over Horsfield any day of the week. :thumbup:

Because Dodds is now on loan and we haven't got another fit alternative, for a start.

Basically, because Fryatt's injured and Cadamarteri's gone on loan, it boils down to who you would prefer to play - Horsfield or Hammond? I don't rate either, but like Thracian I'd take Hammond over Horsfield any day of the week. :thumbup:

Fryatt is now fit and trained on Friday :unsure:

Well he was supposedly in full training with the possibility of being included on saturday. Anyway there is little doubt he will be match fit before Stoke.

And little doubt he'll be back in the squad. But the last time he returned from a long injury he didn't look fit and I expect exactly the same this time.

lol at Thracian still sticking to his principles and defending Elvis no matter what he does on the pitch! Typical!

Its not surprise to me that a player with the initals EH should be any surprise to us on the pitch. Again, its not about Saturdays miss but his overall performance and us asking ourselves if this was our own club, one that we actually owned, would we want players like EH? on the park. The answer to me is hell no!

EH????

lol at Thracian still sticking to his principles and defending Elvis no matter what he does on the pitch! Typical!

Its not surprise to me that a player with the initals EH should be any surprise to us on the pitch. Again, its not about Saturdays miss but his overall performance and us asking ourselves if this was our own club, one that we actually owned, would we want players like EH? on the park. The answer to me is hell no!

EH????

personally, i'm sick of all our players they are all sh@te, Hammond is just one, non are consistant enough, or should I say they are consistantly poor!! But I must say, is it the players are so sh@ite or RK's ability to manage and get the best out of em!! Either way, I just hope MM agree's with me!!!

EH????

But that's not the issue at all, is it? There are an embarrassing number of players in our squad I would never want if it were my club - and Elvis is a long way down that list because, like Hume, I'd always know I'd get my moneysworth out of Hammond (and I believe I could get him to play far more effectively than he does right now - buit that applies to a few of them).

The issue is simply that, after Hume, who do we pick as the second striker and who do we pick on the bench.

Realistically, these days, there's not even a choice which, in itself, is another condemnation of the manager.

His choice of Horsfield on loan was embarrassingly misguided.

But Manwell would say it's of no relevence cos it wouldn't have counted.

Hammond got into the box and so many more things happened once he was on the field than ever happened with Horsfield there and I think he played a small part in the move leading up to the penalty.

He also got to the QPR goalline far more than either Newton or Yeates and layed dangerous balls into the box and all from what was, when all said and done, an entirely desperate, last minute rush situation.

I'm not claiming Hammond had a particularly good 25 minutes but both he and the rest of our attack looked far more promising with him there than with Horsfield there.

And had he started we might well have won because we'd have exerted much more pressure than was the case with Kelly's starting line up.

Even as it was we drew the bit of the game Hammond played in 1-1, conceding only a sensational individual goal, and regaining at least some momentum up front.

Ok that one didn't count, the two other occasions he hit row JJ did though :rolleyes:

Him and Horsfield need to get on their bikes.

Ok that one didn't count, the two other occasions he hit row JJ did though :rolleyes:

Him and Horsfield need to get on their bikes.

But again, sadly, who would we be left with??? :dunno:

But that's not the issue at all, is it? There are an embarrassing number of players in our squad I would never want if it were my club - and Elvis is a long way down that list because, like Hume, I'd always know I'd get my moneysworth out of Hammond (and I believe I could get him to play far more effectively than he does right now - buit that applies to a few of them).

The issue is simply that, after Hume, who do we pick as the second striker and who do we pick on the bench.

Realistically, these days, there's not even a choice which, in itself, is another condemnation of the manager.

His choice of Horsfield on loan was embarrassingly misguided.

Thats far from the issue. The issue is that players like Elvis shouldnt be in the squad. Its not his fault he is a poor footballer but the management who bought him to this club and play him from the bench when we are meant to have some decent academy kids to try, as you keep telling us. Its also absolutely out entitlement to rip into any player who we feel is not fit to wear the shirt. Whether someone wants to vent there anger on here about AJ or Elvis, sobeit.

BTW, Dont get me wrong. I know why these players were bought to the club in the first place because they cost next to nothing but they have just proved to be really poor signings and many fans want to make sure that they arent here next season.

But again, sadly, who would we be left with??? :dunno:

Fryatt, Hume, Dodds if we decide to retain him (he's better than Hammond), I'd actually prefere to keep Danny Cadamateri.

In any case if Hammonds going we'd need to sell him and and I bet we could get 150,000 for him.

Transfere budget is rumoured to be around 4.5 Million Phube, so money for another striker there and a good one at that.

Fryatt, Hume, Dodds if we decide to retain him (he's better than Hammond), I'd actually prefere to keep Danny Cadamateri.

In any case if Hammonds going we'd need to sell him and and I bet we could get 150,000 for him.

Transfere budget is rumoured to be around 4.5 Million Phube, so money for another striker there and a good one at that.

Fryatt and Dodds may well be better than Hammond but it would be nice to see them demonstrate it first.

Fryatt and Dodds may well be better than Hammond but it would be nice to see them demonstrate it first.

Ive never seen Dodds play (apart from that tap in for Rochdale) but I`d still have him above Elvis as EH? is so shite. Fryatt did enough in the last bit of last season to better what EH? would do in the rest of his career at City, even if he stayed for 5 more years (please god no).

I'd love to see Thrac somehow defending that miss. I was in stitches too when I saw it.

To me that miss summed up Elvis perfectly. Nuff said.

Well, the defence to that miss is... (construct your own from below)

positive

pace

impact

most assists

most dangerous

impact

impact

Archived