Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Axe is falling - apparently

According to MustardFox on another forum.

Milan's starting to swing the axe

several admin staff have been given their notice - club secretary also a gonner - mm is to bring in his club sec at pompey.

lots of upset folk at the walkers apparantly

chop chop...

Anyone have any facts?

There was an idiot Leicester fan on 606 a few years ago called Mustard. I wonder if he's the same one.

he may be well respected on there but he was hated on 606 :unsure:

Mustard was a legend on 606!

He and I, along with a few others (including Knighton Matt from here) spent many an hour on those boards defending our club from bitter attacks from jealous fans of other clubs, especially from Forest and Sheffield United.

He therefore deserves more respect on here than some have given him.

He also sometimes logs on here (though rarely posts) as fantastic mr fox.

His apparent glee at people losing their jobs would certainly suggest you are right.

If Milan sacked Kelly and half the playing staff there would be a lot of folk on here who'd be equally gleeful.. :rolleyes:

When is Big Bad Bazza Pierpoint going to swing back into town then?

Been and gone.

He was last heard of a few months back, leading the Riders to the edge of bankruptcy.

Good to know his touch remains as sure as ever.. lol

If Milan sacked Kelly and half the playing staff there would be a lot of folk on here who'd be equally gleeful.. :rolleyes:

Apples and Oranges come to mind.

You're damn right a lot (most?) of us would be equally gleeful if half the playing staff were sacked. You're one of them and you know it.

There's a difference between a few admin staff - who are on say 20 quid an hour (optimistically, I'd say) and a bunch of players paid that amount every time they exhale. Especially when these players are paid to entertain the crowds - something they've singularly failed to do for a while now. :whistle:

People have the capacity to feel empathy towards everyday people doing everyday work who lose their jobs... they ain't so empathetic when it comes to people who earn many many many times more than Joe Average doing an average job.

Your comparative argument is just ridiculous. You can't even pretend you wouldn't be gleeful if RK & his men were sacked, we all know you'd love to see the back of RK. :whistle:

Your dislike of Mandaric has clouded your ability to think, I reckon.

Apples and Oranges come to mind.

You're damn right a lot (most?) of us would be equally gleeful if half the playing staff were sacked. You're one of them and you know it.

There's a difference between a few admin staff - who are on say 20 quid an hour (optimistically, I'd say) and a bunch of players paid that amount every time they exhale. Especially when these players are paid to entertain the crowds - something they've singularly failed to do for a while now. :whistle:

People have the capacity to feel empathy towards everyday people doing everyday work who lose their jobs... they ain't so empathetic when it comes to people who earn many many many times more than Joe Average doing an average job.

Your comparative argument is just ridiculous. You can't even pretend you wouldn't be gleeful if RK & his men were sacked, we all know you'd love to see the back of RK. :whistle:

Your dislike of Mandaric has clouded your ability to think, I reckon.

Indeed. There is always the large bank balance to fall back on when you are a footballer at this level. Kelly will walk away with 12 months income, some of it tax free. Most of us would be lucky to get a months notice. I seem to remember there was sympathy for those who lost their jobs when we went into admin, this is no different for those on the sharp end.

According to MustardFox on another forum.

Anyone have any facts?

Companies House have several resignations registered for Leicester City as of 27th March, which would seem to imply a clear out. There would be a form sent to Companies House if the Company Secretary had been removed and the evidence suggests this. There are no appointment forms registered so the new geezer may not have been installed yet.

Harsh to hear some staff are losing their jobs, but we do need a complete overhaul at this club. So it's inevitable really.

Glad to see Milan is getting the ball rolling, i'd like to see him swing that axe on the management side within the very near future as well.

Mustard was a legend on 606!

He and I, along with a few others (including Knighton Matt from here) spent many an hour on those boards defending our club from bitter attacks from jealous fans of other clubs, especially from Forest and Sheffield United.

He therefore deserves more respect on here than some have given him.

He also sometimes logs on here (though rarely posts) as fantastic mr fox.

Ahhh brings back memories... I lurked on 606 for a year... before I found this place (via EMC I believe!).

It is harsh when people lose there jobs but as people we usually have no remorse when we decide to jump ship from an employer to move on.

Plenty of things going on at the club have needed to be addressed for ages. Our finances have been questionable for a while now and I for one would love to get my nose into the books as something stinks. the players on the pitch dont seem to be fit so pre-season needs to be addressed to that questions both the manager and his backroom staff so more than one head may role there.

The whole club needs a shift in focus and thank god that MM is there to steer the ship back on course because without him we would have sunk. (I have officially turned into Uncle Albert from Only Fools) :thumbup:

Companies House have several resignations registered for Leicester City as of 27th March, which would seem to imply a clear out. There would be a form sent to Companies House if the Company Secretary had been removed and the evidence suggests this. There are no appointment forms registered so the new geezer may not have been installed yet.

The removal of employees wouldn't register on there.

Surely those resignations will relate to all the old board resigning their positions (except Tony Lander & the Teachers guy) as part of Milan's takeover. It takes time for paperwork to hit Co House and the records be updated.

Not sure on this "company secretary" comment. On another message board it was "club secretary", that could relate to TD's PA (who had already left of her own choosing for a different career or the football secretary (which fans were up in arms aboutmany months ago when it was rumoured Birch & a few others were being chopped). Had heard that Milan's PA was coming from Pompey.

Harsh to hear some staff are losing their jobs, but we do need a complete overhaul at this club. So it's inevitable really.

Glad to see Milan is getting the ball rolling, i'd like to see him swing that axe on the management side within the very near future as well.

Patience lad, patience. :ph34r:

If he's as committed to Total Change as Arsene Wenger is to Total Whinging, you'll get your regime change before long.

Personally, I'm just sailing on oblivious to the events around the club for now... it gives me something to look forward to during the normally very dull closed season. :ph34r:

Archived