Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Is Foxestalk still about football?

The other week there was a thread that had been stickied in the LC forum. A thread that basically replaced Rob with the word Nob and then went on to just mock Kelly. Now a thread talking about the quality, or lack of quality as the case may be, possessed by one of our players has been closed! Thought the Leicester City forum was meant to be a place to discuss matters concerning Leicester City? :dunno:

The other week there was a thread that had been stickied in the LC forum. A thread that basically replaced Rob with the word Nob and then went on to just mock Kelly. Now a thread talking about the quality, or lack of quality as the case may be, possessed by one of our players has been closed! Thought the Leicester City forum was meant to be a place to discuss matters concerning Leicester City? :dunno:

That particular thread was closed because it was pointless, it wasn't a debate where ground was gained/conceded. It came down to the same thing being posted over and over again. If you really think there is any more to say than how it's been left then go ahead and create a thread... to be honest though, I think you'll agree that the debate is fairly exhausted now. I and several others have all had our say. For me it's a case of reasoned, supported argument vs blinkered journalistic suppositions based on bastardised 'facts' and 'statistics' and taking in to account only very 'selective' stats at that!

But that's another argument for another time perhaps.

Hi Jon,

If you're talking about the Dodds's thread Ric closed it because he thought it was just repetition and regurgitation of the same points and arguments and wasn't going anywhere. I can't really see that's a problem everyone's had an opportunity to contribute and it had run it's course and it's still there to be read.

As for the Rob is a Nob it was just some light hearted fun and was stickied in the spirit of that fun not out of any sense of seriousness. Although it was a jokey post I'm sure in it's own way it represented how many people felt and was a valid alternative way of expressing fans discontent with the current situation whilst acting as a safety valve.

I genuinely don't see the problem with either decision and it certainly doesn't detract from the overall content of the LCFC forum

If something's run its course then it doesn't need to be closed, surely it will just receive no more replies? If people don't want to read about Louis Dodds then I think the title makes it pretty obvious that they shouldn't read that thread. People can't moan when Dodds is being discussed in a Dodds thread, it's not like it's in the middle of a totally unrelated thread. If people don't like it they don't have to read it!

I understand, I think it's time for Kelly to go too but there's other ways of making the point. I'm not being a nuisance on purpose and I have a sense of humour, although it may not seem like it, but think it's a bit sad that people moan about a thread discussing a player at our club but think a joke which didn't offer much in terms of constructive criticism should be made prominent.

If something's run its course then it doesn't need to be closed, surely it will just receive no more replies? If people don't want to read about Louis Dodds then I think the title makes it pretty obvious that they shouldn't read that thread. People can't moan when Dodds is being discussed in a Dodds thread, it's not like it's in the middle of a totally unrelated thread. If people don't like it they don't have to read it!

I understand, I think it's time for Kelly to go too but there's other ways of making the point. I'm not being a nuisance on purpose and I have a sense of humour, although it may not seem like it, but think it's a bit sad that people moan about a thread discussing a player at our club but think a joke which didn't offer much in terms of constructive criticism should be made prominent.

Errr.. you do realise that Thracian posted the same thing about 100 times in that thread?

Do you really thing he would stop just because it had run it's course?

Errr.. you do realise that Thracian posted the same thing about 100 times in that thread?

Do you really thing he would stop just because it had run it's course?

Do you really think he'll stop just because the thread's been closed? :ph34r:

I was thinking the same thing. If Dodds doesn't score in his next match then there will probably be a new thread started by someone pointing it out to Thracian and if Dodds scores in his next match Thracian will probably make an effort to point it out!

I was thinking the same thing. If Dodds doesn't score in his next match then there will probably be a new thread started by someone pointing it out to Thracian and if Dodds scores in his next match Thracian will probably make an effort to point it out!

In the event of that happening, I imagine the Dodds thread would be re-opened and any duplicates merged.

I just think we've all had our say and it's a bit pointless still going over the same old ground.

I think it was a bit odd that the Dodds thread got closed where countless others haven't before.

Thing is... we have a similar issue at least once a week where a particular player becomes the focus point of discussion for one reason or another. This week it was Dodds, last week it was probably Hammond (who's been mentioned this week in the context of Dodds, I imagine) and so on and so forth.

It's the same group of people - a few people on each side of the fence. It perpetuates in the same fashion each week - exactly the same arguments for the same players in exactly the same pattern. Repeat on a monthly basis for each player accordingly. :thumbup:

I'm not blaming a particular 'side' or person... but it just occurs to me that neither side is willing to bring it to a halt themselves. Each side continues in the hope that their opinion prevails when it just won't. A huge hint of Levein/Kelly-esque stubbornness on the part of all involved really. Continuing with the same arguments (that everyone's heard before, several times) over and over again - that's stubborn.

If one side or person was to conclude that continuing the argument was a pointless exercise, these 'topics' would die by page three.

I'm all for debate about the merits of a given player - it's a chance to express our opinions, and see those of others (wouldn't the place be boring otherwise?) But debating the number of assists Hammond has or hasn't got... the number of time's he's been offside or not... the merits of Sheehan's spell at Mansfield or Dodds' at Rochdale...

It's almost as if people are baiting each other into rising to the comments posted. That's perhaps not the case, but it sure looks that way a good deal of the time. It certainly looks that way when it's the same groups on each side of the argument. :unsure:

Bottom line is... if one side didn't bait the other or rise to the other, these perpetual arguments wouldn't happen on such frequency and scale. :ph34r:

Should have quoted this when I replied - JBF9 has a point.

It's happened before, and it makes me wonder if it's a coincidence at all that certain people post certain comments about certain players. :unsure:

I don't really give two hoots what TPH thinks on the subject. As he's admitted, he never watches the Academy play and my belief is he would probably not recognise a single member of the team.

But I am sick of loanees getting a place in our team that they don't justify, the sudden faith in "experience" without quality and the disregarding, as a result of fringe players who have well deserved an opportunity in the absence of anyone better.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of disappointing nothings turning up as Leicester City signings - the list just gets longer.

If we are going to go another six games without a win, and without much football either, I would rather it was with people who have some genuine connection with the club and who are at least on their way forwards instead of rapidly backwards.

And yes I do defend the Academy seniors against the constant mockers.

They are one of the few pluses this club has right now and they give a lot of pleasure by trying to play the game properly as I suggested Kelly should do way back in January last year and again in the summer.

But no we have continued down the same dour, uninspired and unattractive route towards yet another relegation battle and a second year mirroring the last as virtually the worst in our 100+ years of history.

Until there's proper change I make no apology. I will welcome quality players or any age from anywhere but not the sort of dross that we're somehow being persuaded to sign and preferably not as loanees either.

I don't really give two hoots what TPH thinks on the subject. As he's admitted, he never watches the Academy play and my belief is he would probably not recognise a single member of the team.

But I am sick of loanees getting a place in our team that they don't justify, the sudden faith in "experience" without quality and the disregarding, as a result of fringe players who have well deserved an opportunity in the absence of anyone better.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of disappointing nothings turning up as Leicester City signings - the list just gets longer.

If we are going to go another six games without a win, and without much football either, I would rather it was with people who have some genuine connection with the club and who are at least on their way forwards instead of rapidly backwards.

They are one of the few pluses this club has right now and they give a lot of pleasure by trying to play the game properly as I suggested Kelly should do way back in January last year and again in the summer.

But no we have continued down the same dour, uninspired and unattractive route towards yet another relegation battle and a second year mirroring the last as virtually the worst in our 100+ years of history.

Until there's proper change I make no apology. I will welcome quality players or any age from anywhere but not the sort of dross that we're somehow being persuaded to sign and preferably not as loanees either.

I couldn't have planned it better myself.

Lets go get some pie.

Should have quoted this when I replied - JBF9 has a point.

It's happened before, and it makes me wonder if it's a coincidence at all that certain people post certain comments about certain players. :unsure:

No - you're absolutely right. They're wind up merchants and I can't resist leaving them the key! :D:D :D

Unbelievable.

:rolleyes:lol

I think it was a bit odd that the Dodds thread got closed where countless others haven't before.

Thing is... we have a similar issue at least once a week where a particular player becomes the focus point of discussion for one reason or another. This week it was Dodds, last week it was probably Hammond (who's been mentioned this week in the context of Dodds, I imagine) and so on and so forth.

It's the same group of people - a few people on each side of the fence. It perpetuates in the same fashion each week - exactly the same arguments for the same players in exactly the same pattern. Repeat on a monthly basis for each player accordingly. :thumbup:

I'm not blaming a particular 'side' or person... but it just occurs to me that neither side is willing to bring it to a halt themselves. Each side continues in the hope that their opinion prevails when it just won't. A huge hint of Levein/Kelly-esque stubbornness on the part of all involved really. Continuing with the same arguments (that everyone's heard before, several times) over and over again - that's stubborn.

If one side or person was to conclude that continuing the argument was a pointless exercise, these 'topics' would die by page three.

I'm all for debate about the merits of a given player - it's a chance to express our opinions, and see those of others (wouldn't the place be boring otherwise?) But debating the number of assists Hammond has or hasn't got... the number of time's he's been offside or not... the merits of Sheehan's spell at Mansfield or Dodds' at Rochdale...

It's almost as if people are baiting each other into rising to the comments posted. That's perhaps not the case, but it sure looks that way a good deal of the time. It certainly looks that way when it's the same groups on each side of the argument. :unsure:

Bottom line is... if one side didn't bait the other or rise to the other, these perpetual arguments wouldn't happen on such frequency and scale. :ph34r:

Yes but it's not always the same people arguing with Thracian is it, his comments are normally so out there that someone just can't let it lie. And believe it or not it's not always me or TPH.

My God.. the man is insatiable.

This is just a thread discussing why certain threads are closed etc and he has to make it in to an attack on other posters!

Ridiculous. So far removed from anything that can be taken seriously, he's become a parody of a parody of a parody of something that couldn't really be taken seriously to begin with.

Archived