Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

First manager since

As I'm off to mexico in ten days time I'm hoping this will be the first City manager since Frank o Farrell that I will not see managing the team.

I make that 19 lets hope the 20th will be someone special.

How many managers have you seen lead out the foxes and who was your best and worst?

Best-Jock Wallace

Worst-Frank McLintock-Yes he was even worse then CL and RK

This thread is going to have Martin O'Neil, Craig Levein, Peter Taylor and Rob Kellys name all over it :D

Best suprise suprise being Martin O'Neil

Although I didn't really have the apperaction for football back in 1990 that I do know I'm going to have to say Pleat was the worse. Horrible, at least Levein and had some sort of long term strategy, and Taylor for all his wrong doings did take us to the top of the Premier League for a decent amount of time.

I'm going to sit on the fence because it's hard to judge as they were different times.

Best: Gillies, Bloomfield, MON

Worst: McLintock, Pleat, Taylor

managers:

david pleat

gordon lee

Brian Little

Kev Mcdonalds

mark mcghee

martin the great :)

(since 2000)

peter taylor

gary parker

harry basset

howard wilkinson

mickey adams

harry basset

craig levein

rob k

nigel wortho

need i say martin the great is the best since ive been a fan.

for all time great my vote gets split between Jock wallace, jimmy bloomfield and MON

This thread is going to have Martin O'Neil, Craig Levein, Peter Taylor and Rob Kellys name all over it :D

Although I didn't really have the apperaction for football back in 1990 that I do know I'm going to have to say Pleat was the worse. Horrible, at least Levein and had some sort of long term strategy, and Taylor for all his wrong doings did take us to the top of the Premier League for a decent amount of time.

It may do but best manager doesn't have to be the best in terms of trophies won that would be too easy.

I can however see our younger members having no choice but to choose MON.

goes without saying MP

Best.... Martin O'neil

Worst.... Caretaker jobby between Tim flowers/garry parker/and maybe david nish. we lost 6-0 to leeds in the league cup. :frusty:

As I'm off to mexico in ten days time I'm hoping this will be the first City manager since Frank o Farrell that I will not see managing the team.

I make that 19 lets hope the 20th will be someone special.

How many managers have you seen lead out the foxes and who was your best and worst?

Best-Jock Wallace

Worst-Frank McLintock-Yes he was even worse then CL and RK

Best - Matt Gillies.

Worst - Frank McLintock (but he was a great player for us!)

Kelly is actually the FIRST boss since MON to leave the club in a better state (albeit marginally) than when he took over.

Despite his all too evident limitations, during his time in charge he was always honest in his dealings with the media, and wasn't on the take like some of his predecessors.

So he's far from being the worst in my time.

MON's record of two trophies and FOUR straight Premiership top-10 finishes, while the club was on gates far lower than even now, is unparalleled.

His immediate successor, whose name I cannot bring myself to type, is by some distance the worst EVER to have held the office of City manager.

At least we'll have the satisfaction of seeing the tosser join RK in the dole queue at the end of the season, if not before!

Kelly is actually the FIRST boss since MON to leave the club in a better state (albeit marginally) than when he took over.

Despite his all too evident limitations, during his time in charge he was always honest in his dealings with the media, and wasn't on the take like some of his predecessors.

So he's far from being the worst in my time.

MON's record of two trophies and FOUR straight Premiership top-10 finishes, while the club was on gates far lower than even now, is unparalleled.

His immediate successor, whose name I cannot bring myself to type, is by some distance the worst EVER to have held the office of City manager.

At least we'll have the satisfaction of seeing the tosser join RK in the dole queue at the end of the season, if not before!

You're a complete joke.

Jock Wallace - I remember a match where he addressed the crowd on the Filbo 'PA' system, we just heard an incoherent jumble of clicks, whistles and grunts. We couldn't understand a word he said, but he got a good round of applause anyway.

A good fella, brought in some good players under a very poor chairman. Up there with MON I think.

Worst - Craig Levein/Dave Bassett

Archived