Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Andy King training with the first team...

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Mattock (assuming Tiatto out);

King, Wesolowski, Porter;

Hume,

Hammond Fryatt.

Actually looks quite good and would properly be our strongest team apart from Elvis, suppose he would confuse the defense a bit and leave room for Fryatt :thumbup:

I'm not so sure, I think it was a lot more out of the blue than that. By the sounds of it NW got a phone call sometime between yesterday and the Plymouth game.

Yeh davies said he was suprised at Wortho's appointment by MM because it wasn't a name mentioned at all in the past, So i reckon it has been more of a suprise move than anything. i don't think Wortho will have too much info on our team.

-----------------Hendo-------------------

Stears-- Mcauley-- Kisnorbo--mattock/tiatto

Gradel------Wesolowski---------Porter

-----------------King---------------------

------------Hume--Fryatt----------------

Highly inexperienced midfield but from the reviews i have heard from various characters on here this would be a strong side.

King, Weso and Porter would get battered in centre midfield. Don't Norwich have the powerful Dickson Etuhu and Lee croft in midfield, im not sure those 3 could cope

Choose me three better City players and I'll be happy.

Hughes, Johnson, Jarrett?

Defensively they're perhaps better - but they're not especially good - and we have to score at least twice to win according to our statistics. That means we have to create something and have enough firepower to take those chances.

Hughes, Johnson, Jarrett create very little on the considerable evidence so far so we'd draw at best but probably lose with the current mood.

So what do we do?

Usually I'm confident in my mind how players will fare. But playing three young midfielders and two young full-backs from scratch is serious backing for a system and not one even I'd like to take without a close season of preparation.

But I've searched for mixed alternatives and they all produce flawed compromises which have left us where we are and which I don't feel comfortable with.

To me the system, whatever it is, has to fit the players from back to front of the team.

Giles and Bremner didn't get battered if it's any comfort but no, Weso and Porter are not Giles and Bremner, nor however is the opposition so fierce as they were used to.

Hughes, Johnson & Jarrett or King, Weso & Porter. That is the question.

It's all opinion but if we have to score it's no contest to me.

---------Stearman------McAuley

----King----------Weso---------Porter

Gradel--Hammond--Fryatt--Dodds--Hume

Let's rewind 40 years and play a Thracian 2-3-5 formation. Yeah!

I'm not so sure, I think it was a lot more out of the blue than that. By the sounds of it NW got a phone call sometime between yesterday and the Plymouth game.

which explains why he was apparently at the derby game

Hammond didn't stay behind for shooting practice today. I think skipping extra shooting prctice is criminal for a striker who's record in front of goal is nothing to be proud of! Even Stearman stayed behind for it. You can't help someone who's not even willing to help themself. Having said that, I don't think Horsefield stayed behind either. If attitude plays a major part in team selection then McAuley staying behind for some one-on-one work with Worthington will do his cause no harm. I'm pretty sure Sheehan stayed behind too.

I would be a little anxious about throwing a young land into a team with no confidence whatsoever.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Having said that he is late teens now though so if not now...

when?

Excellent point but its hard to see the team drifting towards the drop with the same failings week after week.

Elvis could spend the next 24 hours standing in the walkers stadium staring in turn for 12 hours at each goal and still not find either of them on saturday without a map, a compass and extensive satellite navigation technology.

If he has a use it hasn't been discovered yet.

Elvis could spend the next 24 hours standing in the walkers stadium staring for 12 at each goal and still not find either of them on saturday without a map, a compass and extensive satellite navigation technology.

If he has a use it hasn't been discovered yet.

well it would be difficult considering we're playing at carrow road on saturday ;)

Hammond didn't stay behind for shooting practice today. I think skipping extra shooting prctice is criminal for a striker who's record in front of goal is nothing to be proud of! Even Stearman stayed behind for it. You can't help someone who's not even willing to help themself. Having said that, I don't think Horsefield stayed behind either. If attitude plays a major part in team selection then McAuley staying behind for some one-on-one work with Worthington will do his cause no harm. I'm pretty sure Sheehan stayed behind too.

Didn't know Sheehan was fit and well again. Perhaps he'll get Dodds back too! :D

Excellent point but its hard to see the team drifting towards the drop with the same failings week after week.

You are right it is time for an entirley new set of failings. :thumbup:lol

Jokes aside, something needs to change. Right now it needs to be attitudes and fast.

Elvis wasn't included against Plymouth because he set off too early - rumour has it that even with access to an empty pitch, he still managed to miss from 3 yards and promptly went home.

i could of sworn it was away, i swear i aint been with it all week, i thought i was hallucinating when man u won 7-1 and i heard kelly was sacked.

babrber confused me on the phone in when he said it probly added an extra 500 tickets for the norwich trip

besides that i wasnt going

It's a long shot... let's not get our hopes up. :ph34r:

Besides, our resident birdy also told us Worthington isn't averse to playing players out of position... let's hope Miller doesn't tell him that Stearman's capable. :ph34r:

lol

If Andy King does play before the end of the season (and I stress if) then you can bet Miller rates him, as he will clearly be the bloke behind it. And if he has been in Rob Kelly ear saying such things and getting ignored then that does not show Rob Kelly in a very good light at all.

I again stress if.

If Andy King does play before the end of the season (and I stress if) then you can bet Miller rates him, as he will clearly be the bloke behind it. And if he has been in Rob Kelly ear saying such things and getting ignored then that does not show Rob Kelly in a very good light at all.

I again stress if.

Lots of ifs being thrown around these past couple of days, but you have a point.

Ian Miller's (lack of?) influence with the old dynamic management duo will soon become apparent during the next few games, perhaps.

I'm excited anyway. :P;):D

I'm surprised Miller is still there.

I'd have got rid of anyone who had anything to do with the Levein/Kelly regimes.

In fact, there was a telling part of an interview with NW which seemed to suggest to me that Miller was here as he knew the players and would probably help NW to learn their characters etc. At which point he'll be sacked.

Archived