Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 2017-6-20 at 14:34, Voll Blau said:

Can't see much beyond an innings defeat here with Notts' bowling attack sadly. Hope we show a bit of grit with the bat.

Getting the same score twice in one game is at least... impressive... :/ 

Guest MattP

This season has been a total embarrassment. A minor counties side would give this team a game.

Durham will pass us soon.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

This season has been a total embarrassment. A minor counties side would give this team a game.

Durham will pass us soon.

Last season we made some progress but this looks like the bad days of 2012-15 again. I was at the second day of the Sussex game (we actually played well that day) but I looked around the crowd and wondered who would be watching this team in the Championship in 10-12 years time. We desperately need young fans in the ground.

16 hours ago, Corky said:

Last season we made some progress but this looks like the bad days of 2012-15 again. I was at the second day of the Sussex game (we actually played well that day) but I looked around the crowd and wondered who would be watching this team in the Championship in 10-12 years time. We desperately need young fans in the ground.

That's the same at every county ground not just Leicester

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:32, everton carr said:

Understand Neil Dexter will also be leaving the club shortly if my sources are correct

Seen this splashed all over twitter. Khan was adamant last night though that there'd been no fall out between Dexter & de bruyn and that they were helping him through family issues.

17 hours ago, Narborough Bod said:

Seen this splashed all over twitter. Khan was adamant last night though that there'd been no fall out between Dexter & de bruyn and that they were helping him through family issues.

Khan also said there had been a freeze on membership prices for 3 years before the huge increase this season.The guys a total liar

3 hours ago, Worthington said:

Can't see de Bruyne lasting the summer TBH.

something has gone seriously wrong since Mac left !

Doesn't seem to be able man manage does he.

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

Khan also said there had been a freeze on membership prices for 3 years before the huge increase this season.The guys a total liar

At least he gave a reason for the price increase with funding down and les home games (although I'm not sure the 50p earnings on a home champo game account for much). Career suicide though isn't it, blatantly saying 'x didn't happen' if it's then likely to come out anyway.

1 hour ago, Narborough Bod said:

Doesn't seem to be able man manage does he.

At least he gave a reason for the price increase with funding down and les home games (although I'm not sure the 50p earnings on a home champo game account for much). Career suicide though isn't it, blatantly saying 'x didn't happen' if it's then likely to come out anyway.

Yes he gave a reason for the increase but then says there was a prize freeze for the previous 3 years which is simply not true.If Dexter leaves the club in the next few weeks He's going to be in a very embrassing situation.

15 hours ago, everton carr said:

Yes he gave a reason for the increase but then says there was a prize freeze for the previous 3 years which is simply not true.If Dexter leaves the club in the next few weeks He's going to be in a very embrassing situation.

Ah, I see. I'm not a member any more so thought prices had stayed the same.

Embarrassing...would you say untenable?

Guest MattP

The purple ball just does far top much early. It's not a fair contest at all.

I'd expect it to do a bit under lights as well, really want to bowl first with it. Opposition shouldn't see the day out.

19 hours ago, MattP said:

The purple ball just does far top much early. It's not a fair contest at all.

I'd expect it to do a bit under lights as well, really want to bowl first with it. Opposition shouldn't see the day out.

I played in matches where we tested out the prototype pink and orange balls for one of the manufacturers. Used to do even more before they refined it. lol

Guest MattP
45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I played in matches where we tested out the prototype pink and orange balls for one of the manufacturers. Used to do even more before they refined it. lol

lol - can't imagine what that was like.

I was nearly right yesterday, just Surrey managed to bat through the whole first day.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

lol - can't imagine what that was like.

I was nearly right yesterday, just Surrey managed to bat through the whole first day.

Hampshire and Sussex did both declare, though neither (especially the former) on massive scores and neither managed to take advantage though.

What's the odds of win/lose results in all games if the weather stays right?

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Hampshire and Sussex did both declare, though neither (especially the former) on massive scores and neither managed to take advantage though.

What's the odds of win/lose results in all games if the weather stays right?

Didn't work but I understand it, got a few overs to go no point having your number 11 using up valuable deliveries. 

I think all should finish providing we get no serious rain.