Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Be hilarious if Duckworth Lewis set us something like 80 off 6 overs and we got it (more likely than getting 210 off 20). Would be very sweet to put one over Notts after all the players they've stolen from us over the years. Interesting to hear what Rob Key said about our player recruitment on Sky. Very critical about our dependence on Kolpak players plus old English pros at the end of their careers. 

I’m not defending them, because they’re professionals, but if anyone’s ever played cricket in the rain you’ll know why it doesn’t usually happen at a pro level! It’s near impossible to bowl and field lol 

I can vouch for how wet it was there! Got absolutely ****ing soaked :sweating:

Fielding was comical at times and gave away needless runs. I think the rain has definitely saved them from a loss tonight. 

Almost glad the teams didn't get back out, if you lot had chased down that 68 off 5 overs I'd have been really hacked off.

On a sidenote have to say though I thought Sky were massively biased towards us and were unnecessarily critical of your system of bringing in Kolpak signings. Classic case of favouring the bigger team.

Sky will criticise and deservedly so about our recruitment. 

We have had some real decent youngsters come through but we continually ignore them or dis-settle them to the point they join elsewhere. Even the likes of Cobb, Buck and Thakor make decent enough County fodder over South Africans. You constantly see the 2s doing well but it's rare the players progress through. 

On 8/4/2017 at 18:57, everton carr said:

Sadly apart from Chappell we have no decent young players from the academy.The fact that clown's like wells and Hill  are still at the club beggers belief.

This is exactly it, we get slagged off about the kolpaks but really we have no choice due to the level of dross we have coming through

Anyone else genuinely concerned that if we don't start to improve and develop some players of our own, our first class status could be at risk? So sad to see the current state of a once proud club. After a reasonable season last year, this season has been nothing short of a disaster.