Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Stephen Hughes

One swallow doesnt make a summer.

But Bartonfox, you know that i have acknowledged that Hughes is a decent player when played in his proper position. Especially with Wesolowski as his foil. Weso could bring the best out of Hughesy. I wouldnt get two excited though. The shackles were well and truly off when he came on. Perhaps he needs more freedom off the manager or perhaps he needs to be told not to play with such anxiety.

We'll have to see how he does against Preston though. I would have thought he will play in CM, with the retard not allowed to play against his proper team.

And with any luck we'll come away with three points (with Hughes in CM) and hopefully we'll nevber see JJ in a City shirt again.

But you know I am right :thumbup:

I know he has potential, I know he should have been producing the goods on a weekly basis.

I have no idea why he hasn't and I don't understand how he has been so awful on the right wing. I know he has produced some of the worst football I have ever seen. Ever.

He has scored one of the goals of the season and produced a couple of adept displays.

I'd love Hughes to come good ~ but I'm still unconvinced he can on a continual basis.

So when Thracian posts about Dodds having a good game or Andy King, you slag him off. Yet here you are posting about Stephen Hughes after 20 minutes of a decent performance... :dunno:

You are obviously one of the many who follow LCFC and know f'ck all about football.

Stephen Hughes has been slaughtered on here, people like yourself saying he is shit. Clearly he is not shit, he performances haven't been great but for people to say he is "the worst player" is utter bollocks. He comes on last night and suddenly we have a touch of creativity and guile about us.

So to those who said he was shit etc... owe apologies :thumbup:

You are obviously one of the many who follow LCFC and know f'ck all about football.

Stephen Hughes has been slaughtered on here, people like yourself saying he is shit. Clearly he is not shit, he performances haven't been great but for people to say he is "the worst player" is utter bollocks. He comes on last night and suddenly we have a touch of creativity and guile about us.

And the same should go for Horsfield, I assume?

(Clue: no)

I've never said he was shit, but I still wanted him dropped as his performances were woeful (mostly because he was out of position), perhaps he'll be a revelation under Worthington?

Hughes and Wesolowski (who I am not convinced is 'properly' fit) get on really well and enjoy playing alongside each other, a combination we have rarely seen.

We are staying up :worship::worship::worship:

Agreed,its all over,after 20 minutes of football Hughes played OK so therefore were suddenly staying up!! :frusty:

Agreed,its all over,after 20 minutes of football Hughes played OK so therefore were suddenly staying up!! :frusty:

:laugh:

Pathetic, if you don't understand the game don't engage me in the future okay :thumbup:

Too be fair to Hughes, Rob Kelly left him out to dry on the right wing.

And it obviously damaged his confidence and the fans getting on his back wouldnt do much good either.

Yeah he's had some dreadful performances but so have the rest of them.

Hopefully if hes back in the center and free roaming (face it he cant tackle) with our new passing style he might actually be quite effective as he was when he first came to the club.

Too be fair to Hughes, Rob Kelly left him out to dry on the right wing.

And it obviously damaged his confidence and the fans getting on his back wouldnt do much good either.

Yeah he's had some dreadful performances but so have the rest of them.

Hopefully if hes back in the center and free roaming (face it he cant tackle) with our new passing style he might actually be quite effective as he was when he first came to the club.

Hopeyou don't mind me borrowing this but it's a classic case of what I've mentioned about differing attitudes. It's a pain for Hughes to be "left out to dry" on the wing which, I agree, was bloody ridiculous, but there's no excuse for Porter when he's told to hug the flank.

For anyone who doesn't have deft skills and/or blistering pace, the wing is a cul de sac without proper support and movement. And Porter, Hughes, Newton and everybody else would find it the same if they had close markers in those circumstances.

Archived