Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Stephen Hughes

:laugh:

Pathetic, if you don't understand the game don't engage me in the future okay :thumbup:

Youre right,im pathetic,i dont understand football,ive only been going for about 30 years now.I think we all know whos pathetic on here mate.

20 minutes does not a player make. ALthough from the sounds of the radio and from reports of the match, sounds like he was very good and I'd definately start him over Jarrett. Would have done anyway.

we needed one of hughes better performances the other night and i think we got it.

he has ability and he showed it. it is a shame he is so inconsistent becasue, when on form, he can pass, has a great first touch and opens up the play more.

he helped change the game and id start with him over jarrett any day.

hughes would be in my team over the course of this run in

Hughes is like most of the central midfielders we've seen at Leicester since the likes of Izzet have left. We've had Williams, Gudjonsson, Hughes & Wesolowski that on their day can be as good as any midfielder in this league but those days are few and far between. Now we can argue all day and night about why this happens, but the fact is Stephen Hughes is not consistent enough in central midfield.

He's got talent, he's got a great eye for a pass. But i'm not sure what's missing from his game. It's evident he has weaknesses but often weaknesses can be covered up by players with graft and determination. Hughes goes about his business quietly though so that option isn't available to him as he can't go tearing around the pitch to stamp his authority. Is it a motivation issue for him? Has he not really settled in English football? Thatt's the most frustrating thing for me, like it was with Williams. It's as if they can't really be arsed but it's clear there's talent there.

I thought Hughes was quality on Tuesday night and it's performances like that, that almost make me forget about the shocking performances he puts in when he can't pass, tackle, shoot or fart. I'm crying out for a coach/manager to get the best out of Hughes. But even his biggest fan - Craig Levein struggled to get Hughes firing on all cylinders on a regular basis. I know he was injured for most of last season and that had a big effect on his development at Leicester, but he's old enough and experienced enough to be responsible for putting a shift in each time he plays.

I hope he starts on saturday and I hope he has one of those games where he runs the show and chips in with a vital goal that get's us on the road to safety. It will please me no end. But after sticking up for Hughes countless times last season and the start of this one, it's got to the stage where i'm not going to make excuses up for him any longer.

He needs to prove his worth on the pitch, he hasn't got his critics for no reason. Wesolowski and Hughes can lead us to safety if our defence play the ball to them and allow them to drive us forward, that's as long as both our central midfielders are up for the fight, which judging on Tuesday they certainly were.

If Hughes was 2 stone heavier he would be a much better player for it, and I think he would do well in this division.

However, I dont really buy into the Weso praise. From seeing him since he broke through he has never really done anything thats made me think, 'he is gonna be some player'. Granted he has had his fair share of injuries but he seems to give the ball away far too much, his distribution is not fantastic and he too sometimes appears to be a bit lightweight....

If Hughes was 2 stone heavier he would be a much better player for it, and I think he would do well in this division.

However, I dont really buy into the Weso praise. From seeing him since he broke through he has never really done anything thats made me think, 'he is gonna be some player'. Granted he has had his fair share of injuries but he seems to give the ball away far too much, his distribution is not fantastic and he too sometimes appears to be a bit lightweight....

Did you go to the Norwich game? He was the best player on the park. :blink:

lol, he'd be a fat basterd more like!

Wesolowski is another member of the over praised youth players club.

Though he has been an improvement on Andy Johnson, Steven Hughes, Jason Jarret and Gareth Williams in Center mid this season he has still been pretty average.

Though theres obvious signs of talent and if he manages to avoid injury and with the correct management he could become a good player at this level.

Though he has been an improvement on Andy Johnson, Steven Hughes, Jason Jarret and Gareth Williams in Center mid this season he has still been pretty average.

Though theres obvious signs of talent and if he manages to avoid injury and with the correct management he could become a good player at this level.

With Wesolowski the hype is warranted. I'm not going to go in to it, like Thracian does with others. But if you have good knowledge of Wesolowski you'll know why he's so highly rated by lots of people. His injuries have been horrific and it might be that he never fulfills his potential but he'll still be held in high regard by some because of how good he was before his injuries and everyone hopes he'll regain that form. Against Norwich he was superb and the second half against Brum he had Muamba sussed and was over powering him, which isn't easy.

As I said the other day, this is the first time Wesolowski has played 3 full 90 minutes in just over a week in his career at first team level. This can only be a good thing, it might be the start of him finally putting his injuries behind him.

His praise is deserved, much more than any youngster we've produced in recent years.

Did you go to the Norwich game? He was the best player on the park. :blink:

I did go to the Norwich game, and to be honest he was the best of a bad bunch. Maybe if he had 10 or 15 games in a row alongside an above average central midfielder he may start to produce this form that people keep telling me will eventually come.

I believe central midfield has been and is our biggest problem this season. TBF I dont think I'd be able to play alongside any of the drivel that we have, Jarret, Johnson, Hughes etc....

Youre right,im pathetic,i dont understand football,ive only been going for about 30 years now.I think we all know whos pathetic on here mate.

We'll if you'd being going for 30 years you should have picked up some of the basics by now :dunno:

What a wholesale turnaround in his performances now...I'd put him as having done the best part in midfield today.

He definitely did his job defensively superbly today I thought.

It just shows how much of a better player he is when he's in the middle.

He was in Liquid last night - with Nils :D McCarthy, Kisnorbo, McAuley.

Oh dear...liquid, what are they playing at....I thought I'd give it a try when it opened, after being told I must wear a collar next time I came (wishful thinking from the bouncers) I was presented with a big room full of chavs sporting white short sleeved shirts and crap bling, I promptly left after about 6 minutes before I stamped on someones face

Oh dear...liquid, what are they playing at....I thought I'd give it a try when it opened, after being told I must wear a collar next time I came (wishful thinking from the bouncers) I was presented with a big room full of chavs sporting white short sleeved shirts and crap bling, I promptly left after about 6 minutes before I stamped on someones face

And in term time all the students go... at least Zanzibar had a little character, to be honest i amazes me how many of my uni mates go to the same crap clubs during term time, a little dose of 'Mosh' on a Tues/Wednesday is all thats needed IMHO :ph34r: ...surprised I've never seen Nils but i suppose the metal night would be more his.. er.. "scene", afraid I'll opt for the new/classic Indie every time :cool:

And in term time all the students go... at least Zanzibar had a little character, to be honest i amazes me how many of my uni mates go to the same crap clubs during term time, a little dose of 'Mosh' on a Tues/Wednesday is all thats needed IMHO :ph34r: ...surprised I've never seen Nils but i suppose the metal night would be more his.. er.. "scene", afraid I'll opt for the new/classic Indie every time :cool:

Student nights anywhere are usually good, Mosh on a Saturday is surprisingly good. I've chatted to Nissa down Braunstone Gate and Terrace bar and ASDA he always says 'You still playing rugby" to which I reply 'No"!!, next time I see him I'm gonna rip him for going Liquid on a Saturday

Hughes is shit.

Milky Joe's Mr.T"Foxes never quit fool" is the funniest sig i've seen on this site...i nearly pissed myself when i first sen it(Yes i'm a newbee to this forum chat room sort of thing!!!) :dunno:

Student nights anywhere are usually good, Mosh on a Saturday is surprisingly good. I've chatted to Nissa down Braunstone Gate and Terrace bar and ASDA he always says 'You still playing rugby" to which I reply 'No"!!, next time I see him I'm gonna rip him for going Liquid on a Saturday

Im sure you've mentioned this before. Why does he alwyas ask you this?

And as for Hughes, well as i said previously in this thread, i thought playing with Wesolowski would brin out the best in him and it did - he was very good. Played well defensively, put his foot in, had a god attempt at goal, made a few good passes, rarely gave the ball away. He did what good midfielders do - kept it simple.

He had only once been anything like fit for previous matches from what I saw, until his latest return. Indeed, he should never have been played and I said so. Now he looks like the old Wesolowski and is starting to be genuinely influential again.

He's a quality player. What would you do but praise him especially considering his calmness and simple efficiency yesterday helped us come through a bit of a pain barrier and contributed greatly to an unlikely win and to our likely survival in the League.

His return also kick started our survival run last season.

Weso isnt over praised. In fact he gets the praise and recognition that he deserves.

As for Hughes. He did well yesterday. I just hope Jason Jarrett doesnt come back into the team. I'll be furious if he did. That isnt right. At least Hughes can control a ball and pass it five-ten yards to Newton and Mattock.

Archived