Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Preston-Leicester City Player Ratings

Museum - 6: Really need to work on getting all those displays ready and do something about the shit shop.

Coppers - 8: Too friendly...go away a while

Food van - 10: Free drink because I had to wait

The people of Preston - 9: Too friendly it hurts (apart from the three nobcheese chavs swearing at cars at a set of lights. lol

Stewards - 10: Liked the relaxed style

Preston fans - 1: You don't deserve play-offs if you can't be arsed to sing

Leicester fans - 6/10: Far too many not singing until the end down the front. The guys at the back were stars!

Barber... 6.....9....?

You havin a laugh?

I went to the toilet, came back and heard him say "results not brilliant for leicester, everyone below them winning apart from southend" - you tit.

"leicester with 3 games left following this one..."

"Mattock may have dislocated his shoulder...they are strapping his wrist up heavily" - genius barbs. genius

Logan - 6: Clean sheet

Stearman - 5: The boy is a liability

Kisnorbo - 6: His mind seemed to be elsewhere first half, elation filled his face at the final whistle

McAuley - 9: Outstanding

Johansson - 8: Solid...and then it was one-nil

Newton - 7: Fought and laid off crisp passes

Hughes - 8: Battled and struck a blistering shot

Wesolowski - 7: Beavered away, but his shooting is woeful at the mo'

Mattock - 7: Played with confidence

Fryatt - 7: Don't understand his removal as he was productively busy

Hume - 5: Ran around a lot...it doesn't fool me one little bit

Horsfield - 6: won free kicks again

Cadamarteri - 6: ticked over, nothing like Tuesday

Logan 8,5 (Those who said he should be dropped should hang their heads in shame. Two crucial saves one from a chip over his head into a potential open goal and another from a swerving pile-driver second half at 0-0. Lots more positive work. A rock and a clean sheet in such a vital, potentially nervewracking away game).

Stearman 7.5 (One slip could have been fatal but otherwise back to his enthusiastic best and made himself known as much to Preston's defenders as their attackers. Some important tackles too. )

McAuley 8.5 (I was not wrong about him not being quite ready but I'm well glad he played cos he made a goal-saving tackle after a weak Kisnorbo back pass and flung himself forward to block what may well have been a close or goalbound effort in the second. Was generally on his game too).

Kisnorbo 7.5 (One near fatal error but sound generally and held off a defender so the ball got to Nils to score his winner)

Nils 8 (Skinned alive once but our defenders didn't allow Preston many chances and Nils played his part in that and also found time to smash Newton's cross into the net despite a small deflection for the vital winning goal. How much could a winning goal be worth?).

Newton 7 (Hot and cold. Not really at his best, but was our main creative force at the end and provided the vital cross for Nils which lifted his match mark).

Wesolowski 8.75 (Man of the Match. Again contested and finally won the midfield battle against tough opposition. Second half when we started getting a bit ragged it was he who took possession in deep midfield and carried it or passed it out calmly. This relieved much pressure and evenutually allowed us to work a goal. Has started to look the genuine fulcrum of our team).

Hughes 7.75 (Benefitting enormously from Weso's competence and an apparent renewal of enthusiasm under Worthington. Worked his socks off, never gave Preston's midfield a moment's peace and got forward keenly enough when he could).

Mattock 8 (One run and pass produced a rasping shot fromHume and so nearly a goal. He had another decent run too and never once looked a weak link. Moved to left-back later on when McAuley went off and just calmly went about his job. Anyone suggesting it's a risk using inexperienced youngsters in a match like this should have been there. Our young lads were immense).

Hume 8 (Must have made by Ariston-and-on-and-on-and-on. Just never stopped and even when he must have been exhausted was racing back to make vital tackles in the right-back position. One cracking shot shaved the bar, another hit the right hand post, but it was his attritional work which was so important. You'd only need a few Hume's to make an army. An inspiring example from start to finish).

Fryatt 5.5 (Disappointing. I cannot remember any particularly relevent contribution. Subbed quite early. Our one weak link on the day).

Subs:

Cadamarteri 5 (Nothing memorable).

Horsfield 5.5 (won a few free-kicks and did his best to hold the ball up and give his team mates some respite from all the hard work they were putting in).

Worthington 9 (Hard to fault him tactically. Had three strikers on the bench which was a positive outlook away from home. Didn't play anyone out of position. Got the players to contest everything and allow Preston very little time and space without ever falling back to crowd the area and cramp Logan, who, incidentally kept making sure his team-mates stayed fairly high and didn't crowd his space. Got a vital, probably status saving win where a draw was probably the most many of us expected).

Logan 8,5 (Those who said he should be dropped should hang their heads in shame. Two crucial saves one from a chip over his head into a potential open goal and another from a swerving piledriver second half at 0-0. Lots more positive work. A rock and a clean sheet in such a vital away game).

Stearman 7.5 (One slip could have been fatal but otherwise back to his enthusiastic best and made himself known as much to Preston's defenders as their attackers. Some important tackles too. )

McAuley 8.5 (I was not wrong about him not being quite ready but I'm well glad he playedcos he made a goalsaving tackle after a weak Kisnorbo back pass and flung himself forward to block what may well have been a close or goalbound effort in the second. was generally on his game too).

Kisnorbo 7.5 (One near fatal error but sound generally and held off a defender so the ball got to Nils to score his winner)

Nils 8 (Skinned alive once but our defenders didn't allow Preston many chances and Nils played his part in that and also found time to smash Newton's cross into the net despite a small deflection for the vital winning goal. How much could a winning goal be worth?).

Newton 7 (Hot and cold ot really at his best, but was our main creative force at the end and provided the vital cross for Nils which lifted his match mark).

Wesolowski 8.75 (Man of the Match. Again contested and finally won the midfield battle against tough opposition. #second half when we started getting a bit ragged it was he who took possession in deep midfield and carried it or passed it out calmly. This relieved much pressure and evenutually allowed us to work a goal. Starting to look the genuine fulcrum of our team).

Hughes 7.75 (Benefitting enormously from Weso's competence and an apparent renewal of enthusiasm under Worthington. Worked his socks off, never gave Preston's midfield a moment's peace and got forsward keenly enough when he could.

Mattock 8 (One run and pass produced a rasping shot fromHume and so nearly a goal. He had another decent run too and never once looked a weak link. Moved to left-back later on when McAuley went off and just calmly went about his job. Anyone suggesting it's a risk using inexperienced youngsters in a match like this should have been there. Our young lads were immense).

Hume 8 (Must have made by Ariston-and-on-and-on-and-on. Just never stopped and even when he must have been exhausted was racing back to make vital tackles in the right-back position. One cracking shot shaved the bar but it was his attritional work which was so important. You'd only need a few Hume's to make an army. An inspiring example from start to finish).

Fryatt 5.5 (Disappointing. I cannot remember any particularly relevent contribution. Subbed quite early. Our one weak link on the day).

Subs:

Horsfield 5.5 (won a few free-kicks and did his best to hold the ball up and give his team mates some respite from all the hard work they were putting in).

Worthington 9 (Hard to fault him tactically. Had three strikers on the bench which was a positive outlook away from home. Didn't play anyone out of position. Got the players to contest everything and allow Preston very little time and space without ever falling back to crowd the area and cramp Logan, who, incidentally kept making sure his team-mates stayed fairly high and didn't crowd his space. Got a vital, probably status saving win where a draw was probably the most many of us expected).

SPOT ON

Museum - 6: Really need to work on getting all those displays ready and do something about the shit shop.

The people of Preston - 9: Too friendly it hurts (apart from the three nobcheese chavs swearing at cars at a set of lights. lol

Leicester fans - 6/10: Far too many not singing until the end down the front. The guys at the back were stars!

oh why thank you, DavieG and Thracian were the main instigaters though :thumbup:

you should have come up lemond

Very kind of you to say sir :P

Logan - 7

Stearman - 6

Kisnorbo - 7

McAuley - 9

Nils - 8

Newton - 7

Hughes - 8

Weso - 8

Mattock - 7

Hume - 6

Fryatt - 6

Horsfield - 6

Cadamarteri - 7

Logan 8,5 (Those who said he should be dropped should hang their heads in shame. Two crucial saves one from a chip over his head into a potential open goal and another from a swerving piledriver second half at 0-0. Lots more positive work. A rock and a clean sheet in such a vital away game).

McAuley 8.5 (I was not wrong about him not being quite ready but I'm well glad he playedcos he made a goalsaving tackle after a weak Kisnorbo back pass and flung himself forward to block what may well have been a close or goalbound effort in the second. was generally on his game too).

Newton 7 (Hot and cold ot really at his best, but was our main creative force at the end and provided the vital cross for Nils which lifted his match mark).

Wesolowski 8.75 (Man of the Match. Again contested and finally won the midfield battle against tough opposition. #second half when we started getting a bit ragged it was he who took possession in deep midfield and carried it or passed it out calmly. This relieved much pressure and evenutually allowed us to work a goal. Starting to look the genuine fulcrum of our team).

Hughes 7.75 (Benefitting enormously from Weso's competence and an apparent renewal of enthusiasm under Worthington. Worked his socks off, never gave Preston's midfield a moment's peace and got forsward keenly enough when he could.

Hume 8 (Must have made by Ariston-and-on-and-on-and-on. Just never stopped and even when he must have been exhausted was racing back to make vital tackles in the right-back position. One cracking shot shaved the bar but it was his attritional work which was so important. You'd only need a few Hume's to make an army. An inspiring example from start to finish).

Subs:

I have to say you are right! :thumbup:

But I would have given Fryatt a 6 or 7 as he did work very hard and have a few nice touches.

oh why thank you, DavieG and Thracian were the main instigaters though :thumbup:

Saw them - pretty sure I saw Wils too...or his hair anyway.

I reckoned it kinda important to be singing down the bottom to encourage others to join in...I have a delicate little bellow :D:cool:

That's a kind thing to say but I'll take no credit.

I really appreciated the impromptu welcome, that's for sure, but the back-of-the-stand singing was a massive team effort and one in which I was chuffed to be a part of but which I certainly wouldn't have had the endless energy to instigate.

But those who did deserve special praise and the endurance of all needed witnessing to be believed.

I was very, very proud to be a Leicester fan today. But just one of many who can all say, we did our bit.

Interesting point.

I'd have thought Mattock would be classed as 'out of position' - being in the midfield rather than the defence for 60-odd minutes?

I suppose since he'd never played for the first team before Norwich, he can be considered a left-winger since that's where he's spent the majority of his time for the first team so far. ;)

Interesting point.

I'd have thought Mattock would be classed as 'out of position' - being in the midfield rather than the defence for 60-odd minutes?

I suppose since he'd never played for the first team before Norwich, he can be considered a left-winger since that's where he's spent the majority of his time for the first team so far. ;)

Sometimes you have to blood players in less risky positions. I have no doubt he will move back to left-back eventually, just as Stearman would have gone back to centre-back by now if he had progressed and we needed someone there. Stearman may still do.

:P :P :P

I cant be arsed with ratings per player,everyone played well today.Mattock had a cracking game along with McAuley.

Interesting point.

He plays all the way down the left flank with the Academy. I think he played left midfield today because Porter's out and because we had no other alternative there whereas we did have a left-back in Nils. But he's played as a winger before and plays so far forward at times with the U18's that he's like a winger anyway. Wherever he plays the opposition are likely to know about it.

He plays all the way down the left flank with the Academy. I think he played left midfield today because Porter's out and because we had no other alternative there whereas we did have a left-back in Nils. But he's played as a winger before and plays so far forward at times with the U18's that he's like a winger anyway. Wherever he plays the opposition are likely to know about it.

I am growing fond of Mattock after his two starts but I'm still not convinced he is a left winger yet.

I know it's not his best position and I'm sure he'd make a very decent left wing back.

Ar thing he does need more of is confidence. To be fair to him though, it must be very daunting to be thrown into the first team straight away as a 16 year old and I'm sure it will come in no time.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed here that we have a real prospect on our hands here and not another Stearman-like hyped up player. :thumbup:

Archived