Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

nintendo wii

I bought an N64 t'other day, I win.

Time for some Goldeneye action.

:worship:

was looking at one the other day, £30 including goldeneye. It still is the best game ever in my opinion. There was only one person with it back in the day and me and 5 others always used to invite ourselves round literally every day and play 4 players with 7 of us winner stays on. Brilliant.

still the 360 for me, even though I only have 2 games, pro and Test Drive, all you'll ever need.

We played Monkey Ball, wii sports, wii play and some test your brain one. As I said they were fun for a bit but I couldnt imagine being kept amused for too long on one..... especially with the aching in my shoulder still... damn that tennis game!! :angry:

Yup, you've managed to list ALL party/mini game compilations! :thumbup:

How about Zelda, Eledees, RE4, CoD3, Tiger Woods, Madden NFL 07, Mario Strikers, Sonic, Trauma Centre, Medal of Honour, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Scarface, Godfather, Driver, Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed: Carbon, SSX Blur... etc. etc. :rolleyes:

How about Zelda, Eledees, RE4, CoD3, Tiger Woods, Madden NFL 07, Mario Strikers, Sonic, Trauma Centre, Medal of Honour, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Scarface, Godfather, Driver, Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed: Carbon, SSX Blur... etc. etc. :rolleyes:

I want my Pro Evo though god-dammit! :D

lol You're just unfit!!! You should get WiiFit next year!!! ;)

Try Wii Boxing for over 15 mins, it's a killer!!! :S

I actually have the Wii arm muscle ache after having it just under a week lol I'm sure it'll go away soon.

You're right, boxing is absolutely knackering after 15 + minutes. lol

:worship:

was looking at one the other day, £30 including goldeneye. It still is the best game ever in my opinion. There was only one person with it back in the day and me and 5 others always used to invite ourselves round literally every day and play 4 players with 7 of us winner stays on. Brilliant.

still the 360 for me, even though I only have 2 games, pro and Test Drive, all you'll ever need.

£28 with Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Scars, 1080 Snowboarding and Mission Impossible.

My mate gave me Goldeneye for free.

I'd get the N64 Zelda games but I already have them for my Gamecube

Thing is though, you can get all the ones in bold you can get for other makes of console, and the Wii doesn't really make them incredibly more enjoyable.

Plus you can pick up Zelda on the GameCube, which I've done.

The only real exclusives the Wii has are generally more multiplayer and party game based (with some exceptions).

My housemate had a Wii last year and I found I never played it except with my other housemates.

If you're really into most of those games, and more, then it makes more sense to go for the Xbox 360 (or if you're made of money the PS3).

After all you can get the decent version of the 360 for £65 more than the Wii, which isn't loads when it comes to console buying.

If I had the money I'd have a Wii and a 360, but if I had to choose one I'd go for the 360, because there's a lot more scope for better games after the novelty of being able to swing your arm and make your Mii do it too wears off.

That's my view anyway, and I'm a Nintendo bummer too.

As it stands, I'm going to play some N64.

Maybe a bit of Diddy Kong Racing today, fly me some planes.

I used to love Diddy Kong Racing - could never beat the final boss though and it drove me mad trying! Might dig it out when I get home from work and see if my advanced years can help me when it comes to plane flying against a giant pig!

I used to love Diddy Kong Racing - could never beat the final boss though and it drove me mad trying! Might dig it out when I get home from work and see if my advanced years can help me when it comes to plane flying against a giant pig!

If school taught me anything it was that eventually giant pigs will succumb to our superior flight ability.

I want my Pro Evo though god-dammit! :D

Out early next year! :)

£28 with Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Scars, 1080 Snowboarding and Mission Impossible.

My mate gave me Goldeneye for free.

I'd get the N64 Zelda games but I already have them for my Gamecube

Thing is though, you can get all the ones in bold you can get for other makes of console, and the Wii doesn't really make them incredibly more enjoyable.

Plus you can pick up Zelda on the GameCube, which I've done.

The only real exclusives the Wii has are generally more multiplayer and party game based (with some exceptions).

My housemate had a Wii last year and I found I never played it except with my other housemates.

If you're really into most of those games, and more, then it makes more sense to go for the Xbox 360 (or if you're made of money the PS3).

After all you can get the decent version of the 360 for £65 more than the Wii, which isn't loads when it comes to console buying.

If I had the money I'd have a Wii and a 360, but if I had to choose one I'd go for the 360, because there's a lot more scope for better games after the novelty of being able to swing your arm and make your Mii do it too wears off.

That's my view anyway, and I'm a Nintendo bummer too.

As it stands, I'm going to play some N64.

Maybe a bit of Diddy Kong Racing today, fly me some planes.

Yeah but RE4 is the best version, along with SSX blur and Madden!!! Plus with VC I can get LOADS of old Nintendo, Sega and TurboGrafx games (without the need for 7 consoles under my TV.

And you wont get Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl on any ther console!!! Most 360 games are on PC! And there are no good PS3 game!!

Out early next year! :)

Yeah but RE4 is the best version, along with SSX blur and Madden!!! Plus with VC I can get LOADS of old Nintendo, Sega and TurboGrafx games (without the need for 7 consoles under my TV.

And you wont get Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl on any ther console!!! Most 360 games are on PC! And there are no good PS3 game!!

A) Thats true of the 360, a PC isn't a console

B) and no they're not anyway

C) The few that are require a super machine set up costing the region of a grand!

D) Xbox Live arcade is a trillion times better than the VC

I win geek wars yet again!

A) Thats true of the 360, a PC isn't a console

B) and no they're not anyway

C) The few that are require a super machine set up costing the region of a grand!

D) Xbox Live arcade is a trillion times better than the VC

I win geek wars yet again!

A) So??

B) Name the good ones that aren't??

C) But when i get my new one it will be better than your XBox!! lol

C) Oh Dear...

A) So??

B) Name the good ones that aren't??

C) But when i get my new one it will be better than your XBox!! lol

C) Oh Dear...

I am my fury cartoony cow friend am nowhere near sad enough to list all the 8/10 9/10 games that are Xbox exclusives but suffice to say Forza, Rainbow Six Vegas Gears of War and Bioshock are currently the best four on the system and you can play one on the PC atm.

This is a duff point anyway, just because you are dumb enough to by a new computer which will cost in excess of a grand doesn't mean others are. it's a console exclusive ;).

And why are you talking to me about good games anyway, they are none for the Wii, you continue to prove this my mentioning all of 3 games that aren't even out yet!

EDIT: It's sold because it's a novelty not because it's good.

I am my fury cartoony cow friend am nowhere near sad enough to list all the 8/10 9/10 games that are Xbox exclusives but suffice to say Forza, Rainbow Six Vegas Gears of War and Bioshock are currently the best four on the system and you can play one on the PC atm.

This is a duff point anyway, just because you are dumb enough to by a new computer which will cost in excess of a grand doesn't mean others are. it's a console exclusive ;).

And why are you talking to me about good games anyway, they are none for the Wii, you continue to prove this my mentioning all of 3 games that aren't even out yet!

EDIT: It's sold because it's a novelty not because it's good.

Good is a point of view, not fact!

The PS3 has been a bit of a damp squib though - I'll give Phubechild that.

I dont regret buying mine at all and once the decent games start rolling out for it then sales will shoot up. I will admit that Sony have cocked up well and truly with the games so far as there aren't many that have managed to hold my attention and Ive found myself using the console to play PS2 games of late. Resistance: Fall of man is a classic though and in the run up to Christmas there are some cracking games coming out - some of which will be PS3 exclusive so Im not gonna pull my hair out just yet!

Half the fun of playing the old games is using the old controllers, fiddling about with the cartridge and generally getting all nostalgic!!

I'm quite happy to have the ol' SNES, N64, Gamecube and PS2 sitting under my TV :)

Half the fun of playing the old games is using the old controllers, fiddling about with the cartridge and generally getting all nostalgic!!

I'm quite happy to have the ol' SNES, N64, Gamecube and PS2 sitting under my TV :)

Obviously you don't live with a girl!!! :(:D

• 1 month later...
Has anyone played the latest Metroid game on the Wii yet?

Phube?

It's not out until tomorrow... On pre-order from Virgin... £27 :)

As ALL reports say "The best FPS controls on ANY console, bar none!!!"

Looking forward to it!! :D

Archived