Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

hey, earlier you called for posititvity, but you are the most negative here! you, like me or anyone else here, has no idea who we are capable of attracting - with MM (and not just cause of his money) we are in new territory - seems like top of the pops is tigana, based on achievement/potential/not-being-a-dick, there is no telling weather we will get him or not, we are not in shipman-land anymore

why not a class manager, why not promotion, why not europe, its not the 20th century anymore, teams that were once considered small and unpopular (pompey, reading, wigan, bolton) are competitive now - time to stop living in the past and start believing in what COULD be...

Most negative??? lol. Negative for sticking up for a managers record hmmm.

It's a very nice speach, but I like to live in the real world. There is no point deluding yourself... I would love it if we got Tigana or Davies, I just think the chances are at least remote. You never know though, if mandy wants to throw silly money at them anything could happen.

So we need another Martin O'Neil.

If I see someone mention he didn't keep them up again i'm going to scream.... we aren't in the bloody premier league.

Yes we do need another Martin O'Neill, of course we do, he led us to one of our most successful periods in the club's history. People say it is impossible but if money is spent wisely then many managers can do well. Warnock is unfortunately not very good in the transfer market. His most inspired signing last season was John Stead and that is saying something. Like Ultra said it was like a revolving door up there.

But the whole point of MM taking over this club is to get us to the premier league within 3 years and keep us there. It does matter when a manager has such a poor record in the top division, because although the club's immediate aim is promotion, we need a manager who has the capabilities to keep us there. Whats the point of promotion if it is going to be followed by immediate relegation. I'm not saying Warnock won't ever keep a club in the premier league but his record smacks of tremendous disappointment. Sheff Utd were in the box seat to survive but Warnock's side was ill-prepared to deal with Wigan who looked totally out-of-it for weeks. I'd just prefer someone who can build a new era. Warnock is just wanting one more pay packet and chance to be in the limelight.

We obviously both hold different views over Warnock and I do believe this is an interesting debate.

What and you didn't want him before? :blink:

He is the man who nearly got Fulham relegated before... with some fantastic players!!! So why would we want him with crap players???

Oh yeah... I'm glad there is a least one sensible person on these forums: Babylon :worship:

He is the man who nearly got Fulham relegated before... with some fantastic players!!! So why would we want him with crap players???

Oh yeah... I'm glad there is a least one sensible person on these forums: Babylon :worship:

Yeah and at least he signed those "fantastic" players and managed to get Fulham promoted.

Yeah and at least he signed those "fantastic" players and managed to get Fulham promoted.

Anyway... didn't Kevin Keegan do the hard part... I'm sure he left them (and took the England Job) when the were as good as promoted anyway...

Anyone know what really happened???

I agree with Babylon that Warnock is getting quite a bit of unfair stick to his name.

Ok, so people don't like the guy but does that form the basis of an opinion that means he isn't the right man to take Leicester City forward? I don't think so. Many people don't like Jose Mourinho but they wouldn't reject him as their manager because they didn't like his personality. I know it's a wild example to use but the principles are there.

Warnock's proved he can get out of this division on more than one occassion. Isn't that what we want?

People moaned about Kelly not having enough passion to motivate the team. Warnock has that.

He's been quite astute in the transfer market too, bringing in a good blend of youth along the way.

I'm not ruling Warnock to be a success here, nor do I think he would do badly. I just think many people's opinions on here are quite unjustified.

Yes but football is emotional, you have a connection to the team and I couldn't have that with Warnock.

I think I could possibly even go as far as to say I'd prefer a significantly less successful team with another manager. Whether he's good enough or not is irrelevant to me, I don't want him running my club.

Anyway... didn't Kevin Keegan do the hard part... I'm sure he left them (and took the England Job) when the were as good as promoted anyway...

Anyone know what really happened???

And how much would we like to see Keegan.

Sadly not going to happen though

Yes but football is emotional, you have a connection to the team and I couldn't have that with Warnock.

I think I could possibly even go as far as to say I'd prefer a significantly less successful team with another manager. Whether he's good enough or not is irrelevant to me, I don't want him running my club.

Eh? :blink::unsure:

That's how much I don't want him managing Leicester. Results aren't everything - caring about and supporting the team matter and I couldn't feel the same about the club with him in charge.

Personally I couldn't care less who's in charge, as long as we're doing well which I think we could under Warnock.

Results matter the most surely?

That's how much I don't want him managing Leicester. Results aren't everything - caring about and supporting the team matter and I couldn't feel the same about the club with him in charge.

I'd disagree with that - results are everything and I personally think Warnock is exactly what we need at this moment in our history. He may be loud and crass but you always know he wears his heart on his sleeve. :)

I agree with Babylon that Warnock is getting quite a bit of unfair stick to his name.

Ok, so people don't like the guy but does that form the basis of an opinion that means he isn't the right man to take Leicester City forward? I don't think so. Many people don't like Jose Mourinho but they wouldn't reject him as their manager because they didn't like his personality. I know it's a wild example to use but the principles are there.

Warnock's proved he can get out of this division on more than one occassion. Isn't that what we want?

People moaned about Kelly not having enough passion to motivate the team. Warnock has that.

He's been quite astute in the transfer market too, bringing in a good blend of youth along the way.

I'm not ruling Warnock to be a success here, nor do I think he would do badly. I just think many people's opinions on here are quite unjustified.

Would love to see a breakdown of the turnover in playing staff while Warnock has been at Sheffield United. Especially strikers. Quite how he has managed to convince people he has done well in the transfer market with seventeen different strikers every season taking eight seasons to get promoted is beyond me. Think of the signing-on fees? How many strikers has he made money on? And the one guy he doesn't play is Billy Sharp. I'm going to argue against Warnock until I'm blue in the face. I hate the idea of having to support a team managed by him.

Don't worry when he or whoever is appointed they will be "the new MON" :rolleyes::frusty::doh:

Every manager since MON has been labelled "the new MON" :rolleyes:

That's complete bullsh it.

Complete and utter bullsh it.

Do you genuinely believe this.. or is it something Ultra spouted once or something and you've picked up on?

Guest money4nuthin
I've a horrible feeling he could end up as our next manager. I think he'll leave Sheffield United after they've been relegated and Mandaric is a fan of Colin's. He nearly made him Pompey manager the season before this one just gone, only for Colin to balls it up.

What would your views be if Warnock pitched up here. He's certainly better than a lot of managers we've been linked with and is very passionate. But he's an absolute helmet.

Wait for the rumours to surface in the next week or two.

I know the new mangers name and I am trying to get a bet on it... Ths is genuine info.. I have tried all the usual bookies.. If someone knows who is taking bets, I will reveal the name as soon as I am on.

Genuine info !!

I know the new mangers name and I am trying to get a bet on it... Ths is genuine info.. I have tried all the usual bookies.. If someone knows who is taking bets, I will reveal the name as soon as I am on.

Genuine info !!

Lower your font size first

Archived