Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

Warnock eager to go north and snub Leicester

Latest rumours are that former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock is eager to go north and join Hearts. This could be the perfect job for Warnock and a chance to battle it out with the giants of Scotland.

It will also be a chance for Warnock to compete in Europe and it might be a bigger challenge then to go back to the Championship and try to get Leicester City promoted.

Maybe Neil Warnock (58) is tired of battling in the elevator between the Premiership and the Championship.

http://soccervoice.com/n070571.htm

Latest rumours are that former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock is eager to go north and join Hearts. This could be the perfect job for Warnock and a chance to battle it out with the giants of Scotland.

It will also be a chance for Warnock to compete in Europe and it might be a bigger challenge then to go back to the Championship and try to get Leicester City promoted.

Maybe Neil Warnock (58) is tired of battling in the elevator between the Premiership and the Championship.

God I hope these rumours are true.

All very good... Pearce to Forrest, Warnock to Hearts, Robson to Sheff Utd... all shite managers we can no longer be linked with if these moves go through :thumbup:

I seriously don't see how they can be labelled as Shit.

Not in the CL, K*lly class of utter "shite-ness" maybe, then again theirs was an ineptitude that defied any sensible explanation when considering that they had somehow wound up as managers of a championship club with aspirations of promotion... however, Pearce and Robson certianly belong in the bracket of (if not shite) then certainly poor, neither has done anything to suggest they are good or competant managers, in fact the ManCity squad was reduced to shambles under Pearce's tutorledge... Warnock is probably best described as average, he's had sucess yes, but its been fleeting at best and often masking long term problems that have gone unaddressed... no none of Warnock and certainly Robson and Pearce could be considered "good" managers and while Colin might be considered competant in most respects the other two have displayed no such limited talent IMHO... compared to the likes of Davies, Coleman, Tigana and even Grayson and Newell they are poor candidates for a club looking to win promotion and sustain their preimership status after that.

Not in the CL, K*lly class of utter "shite-ness" maybe, then again theirs was an ineptitude that defied any sensible explanation when considering that they had somehow wound up as managers of a championship club with aspirations of promotion... however, Pearce and Robson certianly belong in the bracket of (if not shite) then certainly poor, neither has done anything to suggest they are good or competant managers, in fact the ManCity squad was reduced to shambles under Pearce's tutorledge... Warnock is probably best described as average, he's had sucess yes, but its been fleeting at best and often masking long term problems that have gone unaddressed... no none of Warnock and certainly Robson and Pearce could be considered "good" managers and while Colin might be considered competant in most respects the other two have displayed no such limited talent IMHO... compared to the likes of Davies, Coleman, Tigana and even Grayson and Newell they are poor candidates for a club looking to win promotion and sustain their preimership status after that.

So Warnock is average and Newell, Grayson and Coleman aren't. Seriously how do you come to that conclusion? We want to get to the premier and the only one of those that has got a team there is Warnock!! :blink:

We want to get to the premier and the only one of those that has got a team there is Warnock!! :blink:

It doesn't mean that much really, Peter Reid has got Sunderland promoted to the Premier and everyone, including myself admitedly, ridicules him. Same with my personal choice, Micky Adams, he has experience of getting a team promoted but you can bet your life that I am the only LCFC fan who wants him back.

I don't want Warnock, when things go wrong, he isn't pro-active and spends most of his post match period in the referees changing room rather than his own dressing room, putting the problems right with his players. Warnock has never survived in the premiership. Can any point out once when Warnock has said the reason Sheff. Utd got relegated is because his team wasn't good enough?

It doesn't mean that much really, Peter Reid has got Sunderland promoted to the Premier and everyone, including myself admitedly, ridicules him. Same with my personal choice, Micky Adams, he has experience of getting a team promoted but you can bet your life that I am the only LCFC fan who wants him back.

I don't want Warnock, when things go wrong, he isn't pro-active and spends most of his post match period in the referees changing room rather than his own dressing room, putting the problems right with his players. Warnock has never survived in the premiership. Can any point out once when Warnock has said the reason Sheff. Utd got relegated is because his team wasn't good enough?

Do you think we are going to get a manager that has got a team promoted and kept it there? No, we aren't... so the sooner people stop kidding themselves the better. We are in the market for managers who are going to have a blemish on their records, Reid and Adams have not had any recent success so you cannot compare them to Warnock who has.

You don't have a clue whether he is proactive or what he does after games, you're just making things up to suit your argument.

We want to get to the premier and the only one of those that has got a team there is Warnock!! :blink:

So has Worthington... we need to look for a manager who can produce sustainable sucess, Warnock's performances have been patchy at best and can hardly be considered "sustained", if we judge Warnock on man managment, transfer policy and his broader strategic approch he is suspect, he was given seven years at Sheff Utd and finally managed to go up with a squad filled with aged, brusiers that were found out once they got up there... Pearce and Robson have simply performed very poorly in the top tier and shown a complete lack of ability be it in tactical understanding, man managment (in which Pearce stands out as totally without ability!) or transfers...

Comparing them with the likes of...

Newell;excellent record in the transfer market and a strong record in terms of sucess until this season were activities off the field did play a big part in undermining him.

Coleman; strong record in the transfer market, proven ability in terms of man managment and a respectable and sustained record in the top flight, again ultimatley being undone by a lack of support from on high.

Davies; proven sucess at this level to the point that he has shown himself able to promote a team, even if he never has, solid (if unspectacular) records in terms of transfer, performances and man managment.

Tigana; excellent record of sucess at all levels were he has managed, spectacular sucesses in terms of transfer policy and great style of football played by his teams.

...all have the records to suggest that they could achive sustained sucess with the resources this club now has... Warnock's record suggests that it would be so much "hit and miss", while the likes of Pearce and Robson would simply be a joke!

So has Worthington... we need to look for a manager who can produce sustainable sucess, Warnock's performances have been patchy at best and can hardly be considered "sustained", if we judge Warnock on man managment, transfer policy and his broader strategic approch he is suspect, he was given seven years at Sheff Utd and finally managed to go up with a squad filled with aged, brusiers that were found out once they got up there...Pearce and Robson have simply served to perform very poorly in the top tier and shown a complete lack of ability be it in tactical understanding, man managment (in which Pearce stands out as totally without ability!) or transfers... comparing that the likes of Newell (excellent record in the transfer market and a strong record in terms of sucess until this season were activities off the field did play a big part in undermining him), Coleman (strong record in the transfer market, proven ability in terms of man managment and a respectable and sustained record in the top flight, again ultimatley being undone by a lack of support from on high), Davies (proven sucess at this level to the point that he has shown himself able to promote a team, even if he never has, solid (if unspectacular) records in terms of transfer, performances and man managment) and finally Tigana (excellent record of sucess at all levels were he has managed, spectacular sucesses in terms of transfer policy and great style of football played by his teams), all have the records to suggest that they could achive sustained sucess with the resources this club now has... Warnock's record suggests that it would be so much "hit and miss", while the likes of Pearce and Robson would simply be a joke!

Please use returns as it's extremely difficult to read a slab of text.

You cannot compare Worthingtons and Warnocks achievements. In what way is his man management suspect? Again people making things up to suit their argument. Yes he had 6 years, but for the first 4 he received no backing financially at all. He spent some money the last couple of years and it got them promoted.

How he's classed as hit and miss while Coleman and Newell aren't I don't know.

We won't get Tigana or Davies.

You cannot compare Worthingtons and Warnocks achievements.

Both got clubs promoted from the championship, both were relegated in their first season, both had a preferance for older players, both were managers of their clubs for comparable lengths of time... Worthington's teams played the better football and it was Wortho who would often bring in the better players, but by and large both have very similar records, though i would maintain that Wortho (for all his faults) was the one who suggested a more sustainable and consistent model for promotion, in contrast to Warnock's stutered and yes "hit and miss" approch.

Warnock worries me with regards to man managment (not as much as the likes of Pearce I admit!), his teams are very tough and warnock himself has been brutal in the tactics/gamesmanship he's employed as a manager, also i'm not convinced that he is well placed to nurture younger players as frankly ive seen little of it at Sheff Utd that is encouraging.

Coleman and Newell have been remarkably consistent, Newell's record up until this season (and the meltdown at Luton), while Coleman has similarly been very consistent... both have shown a real knack for the transfer market (admitedly born partly out of nessessity), tactical astutness and ability with regards to dealing with their teams... that Newell has had a poor season this time around and that Coleman was dropped at the first sign of trouble for Fulham can hardly be held against them if your seeking to defend Warnock's record.

Finally, our position is as near to identical to Derby's last season as you could find so i see no reason why Davies would not consider it should he leave Derby... meanwhile I dont discount our chances of bringing in Tigana, long shot maybe, but it remains possible IMHO.

We need a manager who can build a legacy similar to MON and what he did, can anyone honestly argue Warnock can do that? He has made it quite clear he wants one final fling and after two out of two failed top league survival campaigns I don't think Warnock is the man to build a legacy. We need stability, we have that in the boardroom now we need it on the field with a solid coaching team. I'm not saying we need a young manager but somebody who has the potential to begin a new era and view it as their first priority. I just don't believe Warnock, who knows he will be in his last job, will have that fresh dedication needed.

If Warnock believes he can have another shot at the premiership, why didn't he stay at Sheffield United, who are currently in a better position to return to the premiership than we are? I'll tell you why, because he is a greedy sanctimonious bugger, rejecting £450,000 a year.

Ask yourself, do you want this kind of man in charge of LCFC's immediate future??

Both got clubs promoted from the championship, both were relegated in their first season, both had a preferance for older players, both were managers of their clubs for comparable lengths of time... Worthington's teams played the better football and it was Wortho who would often bring in the better players, but by and large both have very similar records, though i would maintain that Wortho (for all his faults) was the one who suggested a more sustainable and consistent model for promotion, in contrast to Warnock's stutered and yes "hit and miss" approch.

Did worthingston reach league and FA cup semi finals in the same season? Play off finals? Has he won the English Conference Title; Third Division Playoffs twice; Second Division Playoffs twice?

Warnock worries me with regards to man managment (not as much as the likes of Pearce I admit!), his teams are very tough and warnock himself has been brutal in the tactics/gamesmanship he's employed as a manager, also i'm not convinced that he is well placed to nurture younger players as frankly ive seen little of it at Sheff Utd that is encouraging.

When a young player is good enough he plays them, like he has done with Tonge, Jagielka, Montgomery, Quinn. He also buys quite a few young players like Kazim-Richards, Armstrong, Webber. Out of a squad of 33 only 5 are over 30 and two of them are goalkeepers. I also can't remember many fallings out at Sheff U, so his man management can't be too bad, certainly gets his team up for it.

Coleman and Newell have been remarkably consistent, Newell's record up until this season (and the meltdown at Luton), while Coleman has similarly been very consistent... both have shown a real knack for the transfer market (admitedly born partly out of nessessity), tactical astutness and ability with regards to dealing with their teams... that Newell has had a poor season this time around and that Coleman was dropped at the first sign of trouble for Fulham can hardly be held against them if your seeking to defend Warnock's record.

Consistent... both teams struggled and they both got the sack, if they were as astute as you make out they wouldn't have. I'm not defending Warnocks record, I just don't get how you can claim they are far better. Fulham only finished one point above united!!! Newell found some good players at Luton, but i'd hardly say coleman has a knack for it.

There are managers i'd much rather have over Colin, i'm not overly keen on him. But people on here seem to be blinded by hatred and use the 7 years to get promotion and he buys old players as an argument against without the actual facts.

We need a manager who can build a legacy similar to MON and what he did, can anyone honestly argue Warnock can do that? He has made it quite clear he wants one final fling and after two out of two failed top league survival campaigns I don't think Warnock is the man to build a legacy. We need stability, we have that in the boardroom now we need it on the field with a solid coaching team. I'm not saying we need a young manager but somebody who has the potential to begin a new era and view it as their first priority. I just don't believe Warnock, who knows he will be in his last job, will have that fresh dedication needed.

If Warnock believes he can have another shot at the premiership, why didn't he stay at Sheffield United, who are currently in a better position to return to the premiership than we are? I'll tell you why, because he is a greedy sanctimonious bugger, rejecting £450,000 a year.

Ask yourself, do you want this kind of man in charge of LCFC's immediate future??

So we need another Martin O'Neil.

If I see someone mention he didn't keep them up again i'm going to scream.... we aren't in the bloody premier league.

I also can't remember many fallings out at Sheff U, so his man management can't be too bad, certainly gets his team up for it.

The rapid turnover of players at Bramall Lane throughout his time there suggests otherwise... :rolleyes:

Do you think we are going to get a manager that has got a team promoted and kept it there? No, we aren't... so the sooner people stop kidding themselves the better. We are in the market for managers who are going to have a blemish on their records,

hey, earlier you called for posititvity, but you are the most negative here! you, like me or anyone else here, has no idea who we are capable of attracting - with MM (and not just cause of his money) we are in new territory - seems like top of the pops is tigana, based on achievement/potential/not-being-a-dick, there is no telling weather we will get him or not, we are not in shipman-land anymore

why not a class manager, why not promotion, why not europe, its not the 20th century anymore, teams that were once considered small and unpopular (pompey, reading, wigan, bolton) are competitive now - time to stop living in the past and start believing in what COULD be...

Archived