Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

I dont know if anyone else noticed this but on skysports news today warnock has slightly changed what he was saying. he has been saying he wants to manege in the prem. today when the interveiwer asked him " do you want to be managing in the premier league?" he answered " Eventually, yes. certainly before i retire. hopefully next season"

its the 'Eventually' that alerted me. Now i would take that as meaning he is holding out for a job in the prem but if he doesnt get it then he'll take the leicester job... so if he is biding his time waiting then that would explain MM's comments when he is saying things, when referring to appointing a new manager, like 'these things take time. I wont be rushed into making a decision. i Have to get the right man for the job'

maybe im just reading too much into it.....

Either that or this is all killing me! lol

I dont know if anyone else noticed this but on skysports news today warnock has slightly changed what he was saying. he has been saying he wants to manege in the prem. today when the interveiwer asked him " do you want to be managing in the premier league?" he answered " Eventually, yes. certainly before i retire. hopefully next season"

its the 'Eventually' that alerted me. Now i would take that as meaning he is holding out for a job in the prem but if he doesnt get it then he'll take the leicester job... so if he is biding his time waiting then that would explain MM's comments when he is saying things, when referring to appointing a new manager, like 'these things take time. I wont be rushed into making a decision. i Have to get the right man for the job'

maybe im just reading too much into it.....

Either that or this is all killing me! lol

I don't think he has a chance of taking over at a Prem Club, the only way I can see him managing there again, would be to take over a club in the Champiosnhip with high expectations of getting to the Prem!

I don't think he has a chance of taking over at a Prem Club, the only way I can see him managing there again, would be to take over a club in the Champiosnhip with high expectations of getting to the Prem!

Stoke it is :ph34r:

dear god, it just seems so unambitious - what can he possibly have left to prove, he himself suggests he only has a few years left... if milan wants to be up in 2/3 years, there is no guarantee, but Warnock has nothing to lose if he fails....

does anybody know what his policy is on blooding young talent, worse thing would be NW coming in bringing in a bunch of oldies to squeeze a promotion, and in the mean time our mighty youth team lose paitence and disapeer....

dear god, it just seems so unambitious - what can he possibly have left to prove, he himself suggests he only has a few years left... if milan wants to be up in 2/3 years, there is no guarantee, but Warnock has nothing to lose if he fails....

does anybody know what his policy is on blooding young talent, worse thing would be NW coming in bringing in a bunch of oldies to squeeze a promotion, and in the mean time our mighty youth team lose paitence and disapeer....

I think any bloke who has had to work so long in the conference and lower leagues with unfashionable clubs who gets taste of success and the media madness of the Premier League will always wont more and more. Its no suprise that the likes of Ferguson doesnt want to retire and the likes of Warnock actually looks younger and more vibrant today than he did 5 years ago lol! Its the place to be and his personality of being a media whore and having opinions is perfect for the Premiership. Infact, he isnt too far off our owner when it comes to opening his mouth every two mins with views and appearing on some TV program!

Tut, I wish you would stop being so positive all the time :D;)

I'd be more than happy with that :thumbup:

Totally agreed. A Mandaric/Warnock partnership would be a media dreamteam.

Indeed. Just like the Bates/W**e partnership at Leeds.

And we all know what a marvellous success that has been !

I don't know why I didn't see the link before, if that failed this one must too!!!

Down With Neil and Many before it's two late.

Wise is one of the new young managers that people have knee-jerk reactions over, simply because of his succesful playing career. He did half a job at Swindon and that alerted Ken Bates, who was close to wise on a personal level to make an appointment based on the heart as aposed the head. Wise has proven that he cant manage high profile players or motivate them and has sent them down when IMO Blackwell was doing better with what he had. Bates is a big mouthed businessman who hogs the media just for the sake of it and the success of Chelsea had little to do with him even though he loves telling everyone thathe bought them for a pound.

In Milans favour he has been there from the start of Pompeys rise and sold them for a profit and left them in a strong position. warnock also has managed to over-achieve at Sheffields second club and had success in the league and limited runds in the cup over the years. Between the two they have had plenty more success strories as chairmen or managers than Wise and Bates will ever do.

Comparing them is ridiculous.

Wise is one of the new young managers that people have knee-jerk reactions over, simply because of his succesful playing career. He did half a job at Swindon and that alerted Ken Bates

Cough *millwall fa cup final* Cough.

Cough *millwall fa cup final* Cough.

Yeah he did a great job to get Millwall on that cup run but it mystifies me how he could qualify for the job at Leeds based on his managerial record. Its limited and Leeds are a massive club. I know some people make out as if they hate Leeds but it must be about Wise because I cant remember too many reasons for an east Milands club to hate Leeds like we do but Leeds could have and should have got the type of manager that we are being linked to at least! Wise is shite and he has proven himself in 6 months at Leeds which has a squad that contains some good players at this level, especially upfront, that he is nothing more than a lower league manager who got a gig at a higher level because of who he knows and not what he has achieved.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric has confirmed Neil Warnock is on the club's managerial shortlist.

The Foxes are looking for a full-time successor to Rob Kelly with Nigel Worthington finishing out last season on a temporary basis.

Mandaric has previously claimed interest in the role is high and now the former Portsmouth supremo has confirmed Warnock is in the running for the job.

Warnock is on the lookout for a new challenge after calling time on his lengthy tenure with Sheffield United following the conclusion of the Premiership season.

"Neil Warnock is a good and experienced manager and may be under consideration. But I have had no dialogue with him or anyone else," Mandaric told the Leicester Mercury.

"He is only one of several on the list I will be considering. As it is such an important decision and I will not be rushed."

MILAN NO ! WARNOCK IS A THUG WHO HATES LEICESTER !

He's barely a thug. At least we won't get all this honesty, and 100% percent on the training ground nonsense.

Four years ago. FOUR :frusty:

Well Jagielka was picked for the latest England B squad, dunno about his record with anyone else though. Pretty sure he was a sheff utd product wasn't he?dunno, blah

Latest link is Warnock to Hearts...said he'd be delighted with a move to Edinburgh and it would interest him.

Link:- http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...323&cc=5739

TBH that really would be a drop down, He says he wants to get back in the Premiership?! And now he's saying he wouldn't mind managing in Scotland?! :unsure:

I don't wanna sound big-headed or snobbish or whatever you wanna call it but even the Championship is better than Scottish leagues.

Scottish leagues = :yawn:

Well Jagielka was picked for the latest England B squad, dunno about his record with anyone else though. Pretty sure he was a sheff utd product wasn't he?dunno, blah

He started out at the Everton academy, but moved to the Sheffield Utd academy. Can't quite tell when that happened, but it was certainly while he was still an academy lad, he's not listed as a senior player for Everton at all.

TBH that really would be a drop down, He says he wants to get back in the Premiership?! And now he's saying he wouldn't mind managing in Scotland?! :unsure:

I don't wanna sound big-headed or snobbish or whatever you wanna call it but even the Championship is better than Scottish leagues.

probably more chance at playing in the UEFA cup up there though. probably got his eyes on that....

otherw*se i totally agree with you...

Maybe he thinks he can break the Old Firm dominance and make a real name for himself? The article said it was to do with his wife wanting to move up there or something like that.

There is also the chance to manage in the UEFA cup which he's never got to do.

Archived