Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertboy

Matt Elliott - how much did we pay ?

Can someone help me out here ?? I work with TW*T of a sheep shaggers fan. we got arguing about central defenders cos I said moore was crap !! in our chat we discussed matt elliott and I said he cost us well over a million quid at which point he laughed and said more like £100,000. I know we got him from oxford but for what fee ? :dunno:

£1.6million

1.6 million....i no he was a leicester legend but i dont think we bought him for 1.6 million are you sure as it sems abiy to much from oxford :unsure:

1.6 million....i no he was a leicester legend but i dont think we bought him for 1.6 million are you sure as it sems abiy to much from oxford :unsure:

£1.6million was a bargain at the time and we had the big teams like liverpool sniffing around for a few seasons and to the first poster Darren Moore was not fit to clean Matt Elliotts boots at his prime let alone be mentioned in the same breath

I can't remember seeing Moore turn Desailly inside out to score against Chelsea infact I can't remember Darren Moore using his feet to tackle

£1.6million was a bargain at the time and we had the big teams like liverpool sniffing around for a few seasons and to the first poster Darren Moore was not fit to clean Matt Elliotts boots at his prime let alone be mentioned in the same breath

I can't remember seeing Moore turn Desailly inside out to score against Chelsea infact I can't remember Darren Moore using his feet to tackle

Thanks jay !! your right !! how crap moore :thumbup: is...... thats what started this arguement with the sheep shagger !! we nearly came to blows when i got going about Steve Walsh and his goals at wembley !!

Whatever the price, Elliot was a quality player for us. Did his job at the back, and was more than capable of scoring goals when required to. Wasn't he part of our side when Wenger said we were one of the best set-piece teams in Europe?? And look at us now. :rolleyes:

Can someone help me out here ?? I work with TW*T of a sheep shaggers fan. we got arguing about central defenders cos I said moore was crap !! in our chat we discussed matt elliott and I said he cost us well over a million quid at which point he laughed and said more like £100,000. I know we got him from oxford but for what fee ? :dunno:

MOORE IS CRAP. I've never seen the dirty t*at tackle using his feet. All he does is use his head and play dirty tricks behind the refs back. UNPROFFESIONAL. You would never have seen Matt Elliott do that apart from Birmingham a couple of seasons ago and that was an accident.

MOORE IS CRAP. I've never seen the dirty t*at tackle using his feet. All he does is use his head and play dirty tricks behind the refs back. UNPROFFESIONAL. You would never have seen Matt Elliott do that apart from Birmingham a couple of seasons ago and that was an accident.

There's absolutely nothing wrong using your head to win the ball if it's in the air all the time surely? Maybe if teams did their homework a little bit more, they'd play the ball on the floor around him and force the clumsy git into giving away needless freekicks all the time?? :dunno:

I'm not saying Moore is a good player, but there's nothing unprofessional about what he does. It's unsporting behaviour maybe, and possibly a bit of gamesmanship as well, but it's part and parcel of the game.

I'm not saying Moore is a good player, but there's nothing unprofessional about what he does. It's unsporting behaviour maybe, and possibly a bit of gamesmanship as well, but it's part and parcel of the game.

The day that deliberately elbowing opponents in the face off the ball becomes "part and parcel of the game" is the day football will cease to exist as a mass spectator sport.

If I wanted to go and see such skullduggery on a regular basis, I'd watch rugby or American football!

The day that deliberately elbowing opponents in the face off the ball becomes "part and parcel of the game" is the day football will cease to exist as a mass spectator sport.

If I wanted to go and see such skullduggery on a regular basis, I'd watch rugby or American football!

Not sure that's really true, is it? We now have a manager who appears to quite openly embrace gamesmanship and an owner who you clearly despise... but you'll still attend.

By the by, Moore's elbow was nowhere near as blatant as Tiatto's.

Because Darren Moore is the only person to have done this in recent times isn't he? See, I seem to remember it's a lot more common than just with Darren Moore, meaning it is becoming increasingly more a part of this game. My point wasn't meant to come across as justifying the illegal use of an elbow, it was meant to convey the point that ungentlemanly and unsporting behaviour is being seen more and more on the football field these days. I don't make the rules. I don't ask players to do it. If it bothers you that much, do something about it.

I once met matty elliott in sainsburys fosse park. he is absolutely huge !! I came upto his elbow and I was stretching up on my toes so I didnt look like a midget. If i was his opponent in a footie match I would have ran a mile if he came over to tackle me. It seems we paid around 1.6 million for him and to me that respresented a real bargain.

Matty Elliott a legend !! :worship:

That was a really great goal. Matt Elliot is a legend

Elbows. Ahem. I seem to remember, and correct if I am wrong, but didn't Mr Elliot get into a little bit of trouble for taking out one Michael Owen with his elbow? And also If I remember rightly (no guarantees I am getting old now :) ) he did the same thing a couple of weeks later to Craig Bellamy and the ref didn't bat an eyelid.

And yes it was without doubt the best 1.6M tranfser in the history of the club :)

Not sure that's really true, is it? We now have a manager who appears to quite openly embrace gamesmanship and an owner who you clearly despise... but you'll still attend.

By the by, Moore's elbow was nowhere near as blatant as Tiatto's.

Or as obvious as Matt Elliots on Michael Owen.

Darren Moore? Who?!

Not fit to clean Mattys boots, what sort of a twat would suggest otherwise!

And im pretty sure it was 1.6 million. Tis what it says on wikipedia and im sure it was the figure bandied around at the time.

that was exactly my point to the sheep shagger !! Moore is useless and simply not fit to tie up Matty's boots.

The sheep shagger said theyhad the best central pairing seen (between us and them) when they had McFarland and Todd.

I will see the Tw*t on Thursday next week so who do we rate as our best cetral defenders and can they compare to mcFarland and Todd ?

:unsure:

Archived