Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ricky Sappleton

Is signing according to the mercury

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Leicester City manager Martin Allen has brought in his backroom staff as he starts to lay the groundwork for next season's Championship campaign.

As expected, his former MK Dons team have arrived in the shape of assistant manager Adrian Whitbread and first-team coach Dave Hockaday, with Damien Doyle appointed as sports scientist.

With Monday's appointment of Don Mackay as Sports Director, it proves that City owner Milan Mandaric is backing Allen with as many resources as possible - and with more to come.

Allen, delighted to have familiar faces around him to help with his new challenge, said: "Adrian Whitbread, who was with me at Barnet, has a fantastic work ethic, he is a great organiser and is an up-and-coming coach.

"He has shown great dedication to learn, improve and develop.

"Dave Hockaday is my first-team coach. He joined me (at MK Dons) only a few months ago and he is a very good, practical coach with good organisational skills.

"He gives me a different viewpoint and is a good sounding board.

"He helped Watford get to the Premiership when he was there, and I am going to learn things from him.

"Sports scientist Damien Doyle is another who has worked with me since I started out at Barnet.

"His work involves preparing the players before sessions, speed training, individual power programmes as well as body conditioning."

Along with current physio Dave Rennie, Allen feels he is getting together the support group he is going to need as the wind of change sweeping through the club rises to gale-force proportions.

Two players have come in, Bruno N'Gotty and Jimmy Nielsen, with three on the way out as Stephen Hughes, Alan Maybury and Elvis Hammond have been transfer-listed.

That all happened during Allen's first full day in charge on Monday.

More changes are on the way and there has already been another addition.

Young prospect Ricky Sapleton, a 17-year-old striker from QPR, is joining City with Allen beating off interest from Premiership sides Liverpool and Middlesbrough to acquire him.

Allen said: "He chose to join up here and we are delighted.

"It also shows that we are not just looking short term, but to the future."

Young prospect Ricky Sapleton, a 17-year-old striker from QPR, is joining City with Allen beating off interest from Premiership sides Liverpool and Middlesbrough to acquire him.

Allen said: "He chose to join up here and we are delighted.

"It also shows that we are not just looking short term, but to the future."

Sounds promising.

At least Thracian and people alike can't moan about this stupid 'he's too old' guff anymore.

Sounds promising.

At least Thracian and people alike can't moan about this stupid 'he's too old' guff anymore.

He'll still moan about his precious Doddsy being pushed further down the pecking order.

He scored 9 times in 12 starts and 2 sub appearances for QPR youth team, has had trials with Liverpool and Middlesbrough. Apparently QPR released him which I find rather strange.

He scored 9 times in 12 starts and 2 sub appearances for QPR youth team, has had trials with Liverpool and Middlesbrough. Apparently QPR released him which I find rather strange.

He prob was a contract rebel?

Was he involved in the mass brawl with the Chinese national side? They took action against a few youth players after that incident didn't they? :dunno:

Why does the phrase "one for the future" fill me with dread? I'm trying hard to keep an open mind on Ricky but I have a lot of doubts.

What?! How many youngsters have been labelled one for the future?

Archived