Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ricky Sappleton

Sounds promising.

At least Thracian and people alike can't moan about this stupid 'he's too old' guff anymore.

Guff you say but it's a pity some of you didn't moan about Mickey Adams landing us with so many oldies instead of welcoming em with open arms and watching our club go down the pan.

And just for an exercise tell me which older players have been an asset and inspiration these last few years. It shouldn't take you long.

Guff you say but it's a pity some of you didn't moan about Mickey Adams landing us with so many oldies instead of welcoming em with open arms and watching our club go down the pan.

And just for an exercise tell me which older players have been an asset and inspiration these last few years. It shouldn't take you long.

How many young players have also?

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=529045615

Bit of an attitude by the sounds of it!!

According to that he was in talks with Liverpool, until his gaent got involved :blink: Well if Rafa means him anyway.

Read an interview with Benitez a few weeks back. Amongst other stuff he was going on about agents. Anyway, he said they'd recently had a young player come to them so they could have a look at him. He was impressed and it got to the point where they were going to talk terms and all of a sudden he brings his agent with him. At that point Benitez lost interest and that the matter wouldn't be continued. I immediately thought of Sappleton. All very tenuous of course, it could have been another player but you never know. Shakkaboomboom.

And just for an exercise tell me which older players have been an asset and inspiration these last few years.

These are players i think have dont a good job for us, i think Leicester have had few inspirational players.

Ferdinand

Dickov

Mckinley

Walker

Elliott

Taggart

Freund

Deane

Edit: Gillespie

Young players?

Mattock had three good games.

Wesolowski has made a few appearances.

Well the likes Tim flowers, TC, Tags, Elliott people like that.

It’s about getting the correct balance. But I honestly don’t care about their age, all that we need now are decent players who can compete in this poxy league and lift us back up to the prem. Look where our policy of ‘Young & Hungry’ has taken us, that’s right rock bottom. The teams that do well have players with premiership experience, players like Elvis and Dodds will never in a million years be in any team that gets promoted from this league.

Sappleton from what I know was well thought of at youth level. Scored a number of goals and I think got a couple of reserve team outings (I think he scored as well). Is a big built guy for 17/18 and to look at is kind of in the Emile Heskey mould (although apparantly Sappleton has some ability)

Heskey was pretty decent at 17.

These are players i think have dont a good job for us, i think Leicester have had few inspirational players.

Ferdinand

Dickov

Mckinley

Walker

Elliott

Taggart

Freund

Deane

Young players?

Gillespie lol give over. He was merely a pisshead gambler. He was alright at best. :rolleyes:

Sappleton looks like he could take over the Gangsta mantel from Elvis. I can see Sappleton and Max Gradel being massive pals.

Anyone who can get their hands on some 21" Gold Alloys should do so, Sappleton will be on the look out for some when the signing on fee hit's the bank account.

Gillespie lol give over. He was merely a pisshead gambler. He was alright at best. :rolleyes:

He was good for us in his second season, player of the season was he not? Then we released him, he got promoted including two assists against us on the opening day and then last year he was in the premiership.

I thought he really did well for us at times.

Awful at others.

Thing was, he turned it round and THEN we released him!

He showed flashes of inspiration when he was sober. :unsure:

He was good for us in his second season, player of the season was he not? Then we released him, he got promoted including two assists against us on the opening day and then last year he was in the premiership.

That's alright, but the question was which older players have done a decent job for us, not for another club after they left us :)

Ferdinand

Dickov

Mckinley

Walker

Elliott

Taggart

Freund

Deane

Young players?

Hey, I'm talking about the last few years, as in two or three, not way back.

Gillespie did, in his second season, like i said.

He did ok during his second season but he seemed to do quite well in the Premiership last season which makes you wonder why he looked like a complete donkey for us during his first season despite being a couple of years younger. I remember him getting ironically cheered off the pitch for us one match, a Leicester City tradition reserved for those who show a total lack of ability.

Hey, I'm talking about the last few years, as in two or three, not way back.

I presumed you meant the Micky Adams era and beyond. Since we were relegated?

Gillespie is perhaps the only one off the top of my head, but since we were relegated we have only had one season of having a team consisting of mostly pensioners, didnt that result in our highest finish since being relegated?

Hey,

Why didn’t you say that then? See your 'age' theory has been proved wrong.

What it does show is how long ago it was since we had effective/inspiring older players.

And perhaps some of the names mentioned should act as a yardstick for the future.

Cos we've certainly not signed that calibre of veteran in the two years before Allen's arrival.

What it does show is how long ago it was since we had effective/inspiring older players.

And perhaps some of the names mentioned should act as a yardstick for the future.

Cos we've certainly not signed that calibre of veteran in the two years before Allen's arrival.

Actually you can't say Tiatto was poor, he did have one season where he was out alot and struggled for from but he won player of the season in his first year and did well for us this year. Sort of.

If we'd had enough inspirational players, either young or old, we wouldn't have finished in the bottom half of the Championship for the last three seasons.

The last successful team we had, imo the promotion winning side, had very few young players. That team was all about experienced heads that had seen and done it all before. We ended up paying for that once we got promoted though as players like Elliott and Taggart struggled when given the chance, Deane was too old and the players that did perform reasonably well left us once we went down. The only younger players we had were Matt Heath and Jordan Stewart really. MA signed Morris and Canero to try and lower the age of the squad but they were both crocks. He signed Williams and Gudjonsson once we were relegated but Joey didn't perform until his second season and Williams never pulled his finger out.

It's not the age that counts, it's about what they've got between their ears. Young players can have wise heads and vice versa.

Archived