Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ricky Sappleton

What it does show is how long ago it was since we had effective/inspiring older players.And perhaps some of the names mentioned should act as a yardstick for the future.

Cos we've certainly not signed that calibre of veteran in the two years before Allen's arrival.

When was the last time we had any type of player that were effective/insipring?

How many young players have also?

That's changing the subject but my point is that while we've probably done better than usual in bringing young players through over the last two seasons - Wesolowski (when fit), Logan, and Porter have done okay in their first year or so - our older players haven't been of a sufficiently good standard generally and it's had a profound effect.

sounds promising i just hope MA can get this supposed attitude problem sorted

I love players with "attitude". Part of the reason our team has struggled is because we've got no personalities, no head cases, no belligerent reactionaries. Mind you I hope Allen doesn't sign em and sack em on the same day. :D

Seriously, even the most temperamental people will produce it for people they believe in and Allen quite obviously believes he can get the right reaction.

I don't know for sure but my suspicion is that he's only quite the hard case he makes out with people he's happy to make an example of.

That way he'll be sure to have his kind of people around him and his kind of clannishness. Good sign really. Nothing like a lan spirit in a football team. :D

So you've seen him play then?

Why would

"This is an interesting one.

Lets keep um coming."

Indicate i have seen him play???????

Just an interesting signing. And i want more signings surely?

"Young prospect Ricky Sapleton, a 17-year-old striker from QPR, is joining City with Allen beating off interest from Premiership sides Liverpool and Middlesbrough to acquire him"

Does anyone really believe this statement?

I doubt they were literally 'beaten off', but they must have shown some initial interest

"Young prospect Ricky Sapleton, a 17-year-old striker from QPR, is joining City with Allen beating off interest from Premiership sides Liverpool and Middlesbrough to acquire him"

Does anyone really believe this statement?

It's hard to say, i'm sure if either of them really wanted him then he'd probably have gone there. But he's much more likely to gain first team football here than at either of those establishments. I like the sound of Reneil, he sounds like he's got a good future ahead of him.

Will be interesting to see how he compares to Odihambo. If he's better than him then it will be a very sound signing, i'm hopeful both are the real deal.

Archived