Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

DJ Campbell to come?

I doubt Clemence would drop down a division at age 29, though he could be a bench-warmer for Brum if he stayed, they've got a few midfielders of late (Kapo, De Ridder etc).

In reality he would be staying in the same division he was in last season. I agree his opportunities to play may be limited if he stays with Brum so he may well fancy playing regularly. If he lives near Birmingham then he could commute to City fairly easily which may be appealing to him more than a move to Southampton.

There is also a different option that MM / MA have other transfer targets that we dont know about who will be taking on the midfield role. Wasnt Jason Cullina linked before???

In reality he would be staying in the same division he was in last season. I agree his opportunities to play may be limited if he stays with Brum so he may well fancy playing regularly. If he lives near Birmingham then he could commute to City fairly easily which may be appealing to him more than a move to Southampton.

There is also a different option that MM / MA have other transfer targets that we dont know about who will be taking on the midfield role. Wasnt Jason Cullina linked before???

yeah but was realistically (sp?) never going to happen

clemence imo would be a quality signing if we had the midfield of:

kaebi clemence kishishev hendrie

then we should be looking at play-offs at least because that midfield would/should dominate against 99% of the teams in this league

and to think we would have players like weso to come in as back up would be immense not to mention hellings although we dont really know anything about him

and DJ cambell i would sooner us get mcloud to be honest i think he would offer us much more

yeah but was realistically (sp?) never going to happen

clemence imo would be a quality signing if we had the midfield of:

kaebi clemence kishishev hendrie

then we should be looking at play-offs at least because that midfield would/should dominate against 99% of the teams in this league

and to think we would have players like weso to come in as back up would be immense not to mention hellings although we dont really know anything about him

and DJ cambell i would sooner us get mcloud to be honest i think he would offer us much more

I don't know that much about DJC, so I thought I'd have a look at a few of his moments to see what his touch was like. From the thread he doesn't seem like a first choice signing and the money seems steep if he's not the article LCFC fans are dreaming of. The only conclusion I drew was that he is a gamble, as there are glimmers of raw talent amidst poor performances and injury....There is not a lot of proffessional, viewable footage around on him:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HAG2o74XaUc

This article raises some concerns also, about his fitness and ability:

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/b...-name_page.html

Described here though as a "pacy, direct frontman":

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?comm...playerId=284842

Some more stats and info: (nothing new unfortunately, sorry if this info is repeated.)

http://www.4thegame.com/club/birmingham-ci...djcampbell.html

Allen clearly has a soft spot for him though, he had a good strike rate for Brentford and he wasn't keen on losing him to Brum:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/natio...ual_172954.html

I don't know that much about DJC, so I thought I'd have a look at a few of his moments to see what his touch was like. From the thread he doesn't seem like a first choice signing and the money seems steep if he's not the article LCFC fans are dreaming of. The only conclusion I drew was that he is a gamble, as there are glimmers of raw talent amidst poor performances and injury....There is not a lot of proffessional, viewable footage around on him:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HAG2o74XaUc

This article raises some concerns also, about his fitness and ability:

Described here though as a "pacy, direct frontman":

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?comm...playerId=284842

Some more stats and info: (nothing new unfortunately, sorry if this info is repeated.)

http://www.4thegame.com/club/birmingham-ci...djcampbell.html

Allen clearly has a soft spot for him though, he had a good strike rate for Brentford and he wasn't keen on losing him to Brum:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/natio...ual_172954.html

Clearly if anyone can get the best out of him it's Allen and if it's part of a deal to get Clemence (who would be a useful addition) then so be it! :thumbup:

Link - Half Way Down

Sunday Times:

Leicester City have signed Hossain Kaabi, 21, the Iran World Cup player, who has agreed a two-year contract. The Championship club hope to continue their recruitment drive after offering Birmingham City £2m for DJ Campbell and Stephen Clemence

There sports editor must have just finished reading Wednesdays papers, bit late but nice to see they are following the masses.

STEPHEN Clemence could make a shock exit from Blues after being targeted by Leicester City for a £1.75million move.

And the Foxes have also set their sights on DJ Campbell to make it a double swoop on St Andrew's.

Blues' manager Steve Bruce was today ready to give the green light to Clemence's departure as it is understood he has a new midfielder lined up.

He has been hot on the trail of Arsenal's £3million-rated Mathieu Flamini, but the Frenchman has been fielding several offers and is expected to join a club abroad who can offer him Champions League football, with Valencia well poised.

Looking good then, (from birmingham evening post)

STEPHEN Clemence could make a shock exit from Blues after being targeted by Leicester City for a £1.75million move.

And the Foxes have also set their sights on DJ Campbell to make it a double swoop on St Andrew's.

Blues' manager Steve Bruce was today ready to give the green light to Clemence's departure as it is understood he has a new midfielder lined up.

He has been hot on the trail of Arsenal's £3million-rated Mathieu Flamini, but the Frenchman has been fielding several offers and is expected to join a club abroad who can offer him Champions League football, with Valencia well poised.

Looking good then, (from birmingham evening post)

:thumbup:

Great news, if Clem comes I hope Allen gives fat boy Hendrie the boot from the training ground (if the move falls through then keep Hendrie :whistle: )

:thumbup:

Great news, if Clem comes I hope Allen gives fat boy Hendrie the boot from the training ground (if the move falls through then keep Hendrie :whistle: )

Not sure Bruce is willing to let Clemence go..he hasn't exactly got a huge and talented squad..well not by Premiership standards! :dunno:

oh yes i think that may be squad finished if we get those 2 id be very happy with both of them Clemence has proved for a long time now hes a well rounded classy player i think hes a prem quality player, DJ Campbell has shown flashes of what he can do and obviously has played under Allen before he could be a 15 goal player at best though i think but could become a bit of a cult hero (just because of the name) his scoring record under Allen is impressive 23 games 12 goals so has a potential of scoring over 20 goals a season in the league below. 43 games 9 goals at Birmingham isnt to bad considering a few of those were in the Prem and last season he was mainly a sub. Would be very exciting signings if we got them. Allen will proborbly give up on Hendrie now because he'll only want players that want to play for the club. Still wouldnt mind Fowler, id still like Job and we were linked with El Karkouri in the same article we were Fowler he may play left back? but hes a crackin free kick taker he'd be pretty good

Try reading the quote a couple of posts up, I would say the Birmingham evening post is pretty reliable.

"At the moment, I've got 23 players and I'm looking for about that number to work with, ideally two for every position, although I've found out from experience that you need three goalkeepers, which is why we're waiting on a work permit for our new goalkeeper Richard Kingson, who will push Colin Doyle and Maik Taylor."

From the Birmingham Post..pretty reliable as well! :thumbup:

Foxes target Clemence and DJ

Jul 9 2007

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

DJ Campbell celebrates his goal against Burnley with Stephen Clemence

So it is likely that Bruce has another player up his sleeve.

On Saturday, Bruce revealed to the Birmingham Mail it was probable one or two would leave Blues after his flurry of activity in the transfer market so far.

And he stressed he would only allow players to move on if he had replacements of quality lined up.

Clemence's outstanding form last season was one of the main reasons why Blues won promotion from the Championship.

But even though he was named captain in Damien Johnson's absence and scooped player and players' player-of-the-season honours, he doubts whether Bruce would pick him regularly in the Premier League.

Clemence was used sparingly during Blues' top-flight relegation campaign and remained out in the cold last season until October when he marked his recall to the side with a season-changing winning goal at Derby County.

He never looked back and produced consistently excellent performances there on in, and also rallied those on the field around him by deed and word.

Yet Leicester are well aware that as Bruce continues to try to upgrade for Blues' Premier League return, there are going to be casualties - and at 29 years-of-age, Clemence does not want to be a bit-part player.

And the price proposed by Leicester would provide Blues with a profit worth two-and-a-half times the amount they have paid for Clemence since his arrival from Spurs in January 2003.

Backed by new owner Milan Mandaric, Leicester have embarked on a massive overhaul of their squad.

Manager Martin Allen has signed 10 players so far, including defender Bruno N'Gotty from Blues on a Bosman free transfer.

Allen, of course, gave then Yeading non-leaguer Campbell his big break when managing Brentford and could offer him regular football.

Striker Campbell, like Clemence, is also unsure of his place in the pecking order after the additions of Garry O'Connor and Olivier Kapo.

Last season he scored 13 goals but as the season wore on he was increasingly preferred coming off the bench as a substitute by Bruce.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6284724.stm

Birmingham midfielder Stephen Clemence and striker DJ Campbell have emerged as targets for ambitious Leicester.

Foxes boss Martin Allen has already signed 10 players during the close season to boost their promotion bid.

Clemence, 29, signed from Tottenham four years ago and played a key role in Bimringham's return to the top flight.

Campbell scored 13 goals last season but Blues boss Steve Bruce has to offload players before he can strengthen his squad.

Archived