Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Theo Janssen

Well, if we're bringing out unrelated facts;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Hawk-moth

The Elephant Hawk-moth (Deilephila elpenor) is a large moth of the Sphingidae family.

So give me some reasons why this guy who's played a few more than 200 games in approaching 10 seasons and scored 21 goals should be Manna From Heaven for our midfield?.

I've not seen him but presumably you have or is it yet another case of the grass being inevitably greener?.

Anyone can buy players when you've a few quid to waft around - but it would be nice to get people we actually need.

Like a centre-forward, a right winger, another left-back if Sheehan's going to be farmed out to Lincoln etc.

The way we're going we'll have umpteen central midfield players and hardly anyone worth mentioning at all in some positions.

So give me some reasons why this guy who's played a few more than 200 games in approaching 10 seasons and scored 21 goals should be Manna From Heaven for our midfield?.

I've not seen him but presumably you have or is it yet another case of the grass being inevitably greener?.

Anyone can buy players when you've a few quid to waft around - but it would be nice to get people we actually need.

Like a centre-forward, a right winger, another left-back if Sheehan's going to be farmed out to Lincoln etc.

The way we're going we'll have umpteen central midfield players and hardly anyone worth mentioning at all in some positions.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, I wouldn't call Kish, Weso and possibly Clemence 'umpteen' central midfielders for a long and tough 46 game season plus cups. As for the right wing I would say Newton and Kaebi are enough. I do like yourslef think we should try and get another centre-forward and left-back.

Don't be a clown.

We hardly have any central midfielders. Of those we have, Hughes appears to be out of the picture to an extent and Weso can hardly be counted out to play a major part in any game.

It's been identified as an area where we need a complete overhaul and rightly so.

You won't be happy until we have Levi Porter playing in all 11 positions and get relegated with zero points. And it still wouldn't be any of his sodding fault would it?

I honestly wonder why you bother.

Ka'abi, Newton and (whisper it) Gradel can all play right wing and do a job (well the first two can anyway, dunno about Gradel cos he's never played above reserve level).

Yep, I fancy a left-back and a centre-forward too.

Last season we had Tiatto, Wesolowski, Williams, Johnson and Hughes in central midfield who were all injured for some part of the season. If you're turning your nose up at the prospect of Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski and Janssen competing for places then you're nuts. We've lost so many central midfielders recently and we need strength in depth there, it's the most important position on the pitch. Tiatto gone, Johnson gone, Jarrett gone, Williams gone, Hughes on the list - leaving us with just an injury-prone youngster before the summer started.

And I didn't say Janssen would be manna from heaven, I just stated that there was a chance that this Dutch international might actually be better than Levi bloody Porter.

Archived