Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Toby or not Toby

manager speaks

i know i was hoping to here on some player performances but hes obviously a very busy man at the moment im getting a little worried about Clemence and Campbell i want them in ASAP im sure they be here by saturday evening at the latest this scout sounds pretty good hopefully he can get us a couple of good deals.

Apologies for being a bit late, but I have had a couple of important issues that I am trying to resolve regarding player recruitment.

The games today against Kettering Town and Rushden and Diamonds went very well. We have picked up a few minor knocks, but nothing serious.

The scores in the games today really don't matter. It was getting everybody out in the middle, giving everybody the chance to play and giving me the opportunity, with Whit, to get a feel for it.

After all those weeks it certainly gets the juices going, even when they are only just training games. That little buzz of excitement that you get in competitive competition is magic and it just wets the appetite for more.

I am delighted that John Griffin has joined my backroom team. He is only part-time, but he will be working and scouting London at Premiership Reserve team level and also Academy level for the coming season. He also has loads of contacts in non-league level and he was the man that persuaded me to sign a player for £5,000 and sell him six months later for 550% profit, which must be close to a world record!

He is a good scout, a good man and maybe he'll find me another diamond.

Best Wishes,

Martin

Did he not tell us the scores because we lost :P Except that i thought someone said earlier we won one game 4-1?

The only one I havn't laughed at so far. His other ones have been pretty funny but this one was just a basic what gone on in the last few days type of thing, as other people have said hopefully he has been or is too busy to write too much...

550% profit player is DJ Campbell.

Hopefully sorting out deals for Janssen, Clemence, Fowler and DJ Campbell. :worship:

He said he paid £5k and he didn't pay £5k for DJ.

He said he paid £5k and he didn't pay £5k for DJ.

From wikipedia

Dudley Junior Campbell (born November 12, 1981 in London), almost invariably known as DJ Campbell, is a professional footballer, currently playing for Birmingham City. He is a centre-forward.

Campbell was signed by Brentford from Yeading for £5000, where he had enjoyed a hugely successful spell. His skills were showcased against Newcastle United F.C. in the 2005 FA Cup, a game which was televised on BBC One, prompting Brentford manager, Martin Allen to sign the player.

DJ famously scored two goals to lead Brentford to victory over Premiership side Sunderland in the 4th round of the FA Cup on January 28, 2006. Three days later he was sold to Birmingham for £500,000, the fee rising to £1.1 million depending on appearances, goals, and whether Birmingham avoid relegation. He made his Premiership debut as a substitute on February 4, 2006, playing the final 20 minutes in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal. He scored his first goal against Colchester on August 5th 2006 where Birmingham won 2-1.

Former clubs include Aston Villa (youth), Chesham, Stevenage, Billericay, Yeading and Brentford.

But if he was good surely they would have wanted to keep him, especially stevenage as they are a relatively big non-league club if you know what i mean

Yeah, good point.

He can't be good enough for Stevenage, scoring 12 goals from 20 starts last season in the Championship.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Why would the score matter to anyone? When you play a game of three halves with about 25 players, if you know what I mean. Absolute codswallop!!!

:yesyes:

Exactly, as I tell my kids - it's not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game and enjoying yourself.

Archived