Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

De Vries, Odihambo

So are we all now going to kid ourselves that De Vries got 8 goals in half a season when it was more like 3 quarters and he hadn't scored for about 15 games and looked unlikely to for the rest of the season. Everyone on here rejoiced when he left, now he's lost a stone or something and everyone is talking as if he's a different player. WTF! He's still going to be awful in the air and what is the point of a six foot two striker if they want it playing to their feet, I'd rather have Fryatt as he do something far more useful with it than de vries.

I'm in utter disbelief, how fickle football fans can be.

I don't think anyone is kidding themselves that he is going to be the answer...most people seem to think that he is motivated, can be a reasonable squad player and can play a part. I haven't seen anyone suggest that we should be starting with De Vries.

Or adapting to the Championship? He only played with De Vries for brief periods. They were only at the club togther for 3 months, Hume didn't really kick on as a regular goal scorer until this season. I don't think De Vries leaving was what kicked started him.

I do agree with you I don't think he's good enough, but some of the stick he gets E.G what you have said about Hume is really unfair.

err right. I'll point to this example.

The first time we ever saw Hume's real ability was in the game against sheffield united, where he scored two goals. This I think it is quite clear was largely down to the fact that levien dropped de vries and played hammond who hume was evidently more comfortable playing with for whatever reason. So don't give me that adapting to the championship bull shit, it's quite clear that de vries didn't aid hume's game. It's not unfair, it's true. Hume couldn't play with de vries.

So are we all now going to kid ourselves that De Vries got 8 goals in half a season when it was more like 3 quarters and he hadn't scored for about 15 games and looked unlikely to for the rest of the season. Everyone on here rejoiced when he left, now he's lost a stone or something and everyone is talking as if he's a different player. WTF! He's still going to be awful in the air and what is the point of a six foot two striker if they want it playing to their feet, I'd rather have Fryatt as he do something far more useful with it than de vries.I'm in utter disbelief, how fickle football fans can be.
lolCome on mate look at the amount of games he had, it wansn't even half a season.And not all of us thought he was the devil incarnate you can use the search facilty to check what some of thought back then.The point is players like Matty Fryatt and DJ Campbell aren't going to want to be 5th choice strikers at this club, he's just a bit of depth thats all he is, offers something slightly different.
err right. I'll point to this example.The first time we ever saw Hume's real ability was in the game against sheffield united, where he scored two goals. This I think it is quite clear was largely down to the fact that levien dropped de vries and played hammond who hume was evidently more comfortable playing with for whatever reason. So don't give me that adapting to the championship bull shit, it's quite clear that de vries didn't aid hume's game. It's not unfair, it's true. Hume couldn't play with de vries.

lol Hume score his second after a link up with De Vries didn't he? lol

lolCome on mate look at the amount of games he had, it wansn't even half a season.And not all of us thought he was the devil incarnate you can use the search facilty to check what some of thought back then.The point is players like Matty Fryatt and DJ Campbell aren't going to want to be 5th choice strikers at this club, he's just a bit of depth thats all he is, offers something slightly different.

lol Hume score his second after a link up with De Vries didn't he? lol

no.

I just watched the goal, de vries did indeed do some silly celebration but was in no part involved in the goal, so my memory served me correctly.

well whatever the fact that he scored one goal when Hammond was on the picth and one goal when De Vries was on the pitch so disproves an already pretty ropey theorey that a bloke Hume hardly ever played with was holding him back.

So are we all now going to kid ourselves that De Vries got 8 goals in half a season when it was more like 3 quarters and he hadn't scored for about 15 games and looked unlikely to for the rest of the season. Everyone on here rejoiced when he left, now he's lost a stone or something and everyone is talking as if he's a different player. WTF! He's still going to be awful in the air and what is the point of a six foot two striker if they want it playing to their feet, I'd rather have Fryatt as he do something far more useful with it than de vries.

I'm in utter disbelief, how fickle football fans can be.

And a player who score 5 more in a full season is God :whistle: And didn't the Holy One also go on a streak of no goals in umpteen games

As a team we created far more chances with de Vries in the team than we did without him, because he is big awkard and causes defenders to make mistakes.

And a player who score 5 more in a full season is God :whistle: And didn't the Holy One also go on a streak of no goals in umpteen games

As a team we created far more chances with de Vries in the team than we did without him, because he is big awkard and causes defenders to make mistakes.

I never said fryatt was god. and in that season he scored over 20 anyway including his goals for walsall. :whistle:

Personally, I hope MDV only scores about 10 this season.

However, I'd like them all to after some brilliant link up play with Hume and all scored with his head.

Then all of you doubting Thomas' can f**k right off!

Give the guy a break. He's trying to sort his career out, with Leicester after being treated appallingly.

Get over yourselves!

How about to please everyone we play this formation

--------------------------------------Hendo

--------------------------------Gradel, Sappleton

---------------------------Odihambo, Hume, Cort

-----------DeVriees, DJ Campbell. Fryatt. Dodds, Hammond

It would be like watching newcastle when KK was in charge.

E I, E I, E I, O

Funk it play DeVries in Defence, Or in Goal all our keepers looka bit dodgy lets get the big man between the sticks.

lol a few hours out and still the argument wrangles. :unsure:

Regardless of what individuals say, MA is the man that counts and we all know he loves a big lad up front. He has given MDV the number 20 shirt which may mean a little but then again Elvis has been given a shirt too. :|

I still think that MDV will slip down the pecking order if we do manage to get another striker in and I still stand by my opinion that the likes of Odihambo or even Sappleton get a go ahead of MDV.

Stop that. That's far too similar to the logic flying around that advocated giving Hammond a bigger part last season.

Regardless of what individuals say, MA is the man that counts and we all know he loves a big lad up front.

Pardon? :mellow:

Archived