Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

De Vries, Odihambo

BRRRRRRRAP BRRRRRRRRRRRAP

EASY IN DA AREA, MA MAN MDV HE JUS WANNA SAY... RRRRRRRISE UP TA ALL DA NEDDERLUND MASSEEV, YA HEAR ME, WAGWAAAAN?

"Erm... yes. Now back to you in the studio Richard..."

Ar'mate yea ya know, Iz jast came dawn riaght, and I'ave ad a dig ar it and iz go in, and tha place as gon menel.

The spoof and the reality for you folks.

Im not tell you which one is which.

Ya get me Gavner?

I can't believe people on here are bigging DeVries up on here, I don't care if he has lost weight, he's got no pace, can't head and is a poor finisher. I'll give him 60 minutes in his first game before people are slagging him off again.

I can't believe people on here are bigging DeVries up on here, I don't care if he has lost weight, he's got no pace, can't head and is a poor finisher. I'll give him 60 minutes in his first game before people are slagging him off again.

Get with the program - the worm has turned, the seesaw tilted and the rebate from HM Revenue & Customs posted

Everyone now thinks:

mdvcopy.jpg

I simply cannot believe this thread, if people seriously think we're going to challenge for promotion with MDV in our squad then I don't know what to think anymore.

People are bringing out all this top scorer stuff.....He was one of the most painful to watch, slow and talentless footballers I have ever seen at Leicester in my fourteen years of watching the club. Seriously get a grip, He's lost three stone but this will not make up for his serious lack of footballing ability, most notably to head the ball! We need another striker if cort isn't going to be fit, and that isn't de vries, I'm praying we sign izale mcleod.

I guess people don't necessarily believe that but they can see that M Allen feels that MDV may have something to offer, why else would he be playing him in every friendly and giving him a squad number. Who are we at this stage of his tenure as manager to disagree with him?

Have you not noticed in life that people change their attitudes in differing circumstances, maybe, just maybe MDV has now met a management team that motivates and inspires him.

He may have been 'one of the most painful to watch, slow and talentless footballers I have ever seen at Leicester in my fourteen years of watching the club' but I've seen worse.

If M Allen has decided it's worth giving the guy another chance then I'm relatively happy to go along with that because if you don't trust his judgement re MDV you may as well say all 12 of his signings are shit.

At the end of it all, Mr Allen sees their potential in training every day, if he feels MDV can offer something then we should back him. We see the players generally at matches only.

On a personal note i've only ever seen him play in 2 pre season friendlies, Vs Charlton and Vs Spurs and he was awesome! And by judging peoples opinions, it all seems down to motivation! M. Allen already looks like a 'player's manager' and if he can get the best out of MDV, it could mean another 10 goals that is the difference between top 10 and top 2?

I find the fact that people make him out to be so shit when he really isn't quite funny.

People always bang on about giving Fryatt another chance he was never fully fit, Well neither was De Vries. Levein rushed him back from every injury he ever had and never gave him a chance to build up some decent fitness.

He has a better record than Fryatt at Leicester and thats a fact wether the bumboys like it or not.

No matter if Fryatt has a good touch and a bit of skill, De Vries has stuck the ball in the back of the net more times and thats what really matters when your a striker, There really is no counter arguement, Strikers score goals and De Vries does that you don't need to be all fancy aslong as the jobs done simply and effectively.

De Vries has got to be given a chance, it sounds like he has worked hard, he has slimmed down and seems to be having a decent pre-season. MA seems to be happy with his progress and feels he has something to offer otherwise he wouldnt have a squad number. Remember he has a pretty good record at Hearts, he has an excellent game against Spurs in the cup - if MA can get that form back then he can be a real asset to the team.

I find the fact that people make him out to be so shit when he really isn't quite funny.

People always bang on about giving Fryatt another chance he was never fully fit, Well neither was De Vries. Levein rushed him back from every injury he ever had and never gave him a chance to build up some decent fitness.

He has a better record than Fryatt at Leicester and thats a fact wether the bumboys like it or not.

No matter if Fryatt has a good touch and a bit of skill, De Vries has stuck the ball in the back of the net more times and thats what really matters when your a striker, There really is no counter arguement, Strikers score goals and De Vries does that you don't need to be all fancy aslong as the jobs done simply and effectively.

Well said. He also brings other people into the game well and is another who unsettles defences. MA will have seen enough of him to know whether he has a part to play and looking at our squad list, compared to last season, I'm more than happy to accept that he seems to know what he's doing. Like all our players he's started pre-season with a clean sheet and, so far our results and his contibution have been fine.

It shouldnt be forgotten just how poor De Vries has been in the past, however its also worth remembering that a lot of the criticism he attract was pretty harsh when players like Hughes, Williams, Maybury and even Hammond were often given the benefit of the doubt, despite poorer form.

As things stand now, should an offer come in I think we'd be foolish to turn it down, he's having a solid pre-season and has a year left on his contract so I'd like to think thats alerting at least some players... however, he could also be decent cover for Cort, who looks to be just as injury prone as he was at Wolves. So I'd be inclined to retain DeVries for the time being at least as backup for Cort, he's done little to suggest that he should be anything more than a reserve player or that he's got any long term future with us, but retaining him as backup after what seems like a decent pre-season seems sensible.

I only ever saw Odihambo play when he came on in the Villa game and he looked very much out of his depth then, indeed it wasn't any kind of bravery on K*lly's part that even led to him even appearing he was present because we were in the middle of an injury crisis. But his performances with Academy have always been reported very positively, while he's attract attention from outside of the club and has so far contributed a great deal to our pre-season... Its pointless getting over excited about a young player on the basis of a few good games and a strong academy record, but his form is definatly encouraging and he should be part of our calculations this season.

Well said. He also brings other people into the game well and is another who unsettles defences. MA will have seen enough of him to know whether he has a part to play and looking at our squad list, compared to last season, I'm more than happy to accept that he seems to know what he's doing. Like all our players he's started pre-season with a clean sheet and, so far our results and his contibution have been fine.

I am baffled by this thread.

Why :dunno: , people are only applying logic to the situation that Martin Allen has created by giving MDV another go, if you're baffled by that fook knows how you got through last season. :D

Some people are so blinkered in their hatred of MDV that they read things that aren't actually there. Those of us arguing his case in this thread aren't focusing on his ability at all, just this ludicrous idea that he is lazy and hasn't made any effort to get back in the team.

He's not that bad! He was a scape goat for the Levein era every time he touched the ball you had some **** was shouting abuse from the stands even before he did anything wrong.

As I say, hardly the best footballer in the world, and he's getting on, but he looks alot better, De Vries isn't as clumsey as some make out and holds the ball up well and does have a fairly nice touch and good feet, when the ball is put on the deck to him.

I wouldn't have him pencilled in as a starter by any means but he deserves some credit for forcing his way into MA plans despite being transfer listed.

Some people are so blinkered in their hatred of MDV that they read things that aren't actually there. Those of us arguing his case in this thread aren't focusing on his ability at all, just this ludicrous idea that he is lazy and hasn't made any effort to get back in the team.

Agreed.

It's not his fault Levein bought him and put him on a ludicrous wage.

He's not that bad! He was a scape goat for the Levein era every time he touched the ball you had some **** was shouting abuse from the stands even before he did anything wrong.

As I say, hardly the best footballer in the world, and he's getting on, but he looks alot better, De Vries isn't as clumsey as some make out and holds the ball up well and does have a fairly nice touch and good feet, when the ball is put on the deck to him.

I wouldn't have him pencilled in as a starter by any means but he deserves some credit for forcing his way into MA plans despite being transfer listed.

I agree, but I do think there have been a lot of fans who's opinion on de Vries has mellowed recently due to not seeing him play for nearly 2 years and forgetting how frustrating he could be to watch at times.

Clean slate from me, but he'll have to improve on how he performed for Leicester in 2004/05 & 2005/06, especially now that we're a club that's looking to challenge for a top 6 finish within the coming years. People can talk about his 9 goals by January in 2005/06, but it didn't tell the whole story. |He's come in for some unfair criticism or at least unfair in the level of abuse he got, but he was unbelievably crap at times and his style of play just didn't sit pretty with a lot of our fans.

But he's now lost a shit load of weight, is willing to have a right crack at it again with us and with his knack of being in the thick of things when chances come our way, he could prove to be a useful asset this season if needed.

That is the complete opposite of what MDV has done.

I think you've shown yourself up a bit in this thread mate. As Manwell has pointed out, Kelly packed our top scorer off on loan (who had scored more in half a season than Fryatt did in what is supposedly his golden era at the club that we should all remember when we dare to slag him off), froze him out completely in the following pre-season, then sent him off on loan again when we had to field the likes of O'Grady up front and refused to bring him back when it was clear we needed presence up front, instead opting to bring in Geoff Horsfield on loan. How much money comes into it, I don't know myself - but that is irrelevant to your argument anyway.

Despite all this he has still come back, lost a load of weight and impressed Allen in friendlies and all he gets is a load of ill-informed abuse from someone who clearly hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

If MDV was eight or nine years younger and white, he wouldn't have got so much of a slagging in the first place because he was no more or less fit when he played his first games for us than Fryatt was for the whole of last season.

lol I dont know about showing myself up is all about, its just about opinions!!! I never have and never will slag off a player when in the ground but if I personally think that a certain player hasn't given his all and couldn't care less, than I am entitled to have that opinion on a forum such as this.

I personally don't buy the whole situation of him leaving on loan because much better players like Alan Smith at Man Utd decided to stay and fight for his place despite his manager saying he should leave on loan (last season). I`d prefer that MDV stayed put 18 months ago and didn't just take it, lost a bit of weight and did what even David Becks did and take the managements decision not to play him by responding in a "I`ll show them" manner. Its just a personal opinion from me that in todays football, modern day footballers are in control and if they don't want to go on loan or be transferred, they don't have to and in MDV`s case. he isn't getting any younger and we have arguably lost 2 of is better footballing years to someone else and we were paying for part of the privilege. Just to clarify, I dont hate the bloke for it lol or wish him dead, just that we are in a new era and we are in the fortunate position where we dont have to carry people.

Also fella I dont get the white/black bit. Football has got nothing to do with colour and I dont give a damn what colour the player is, as long as he is trying! AS a father of a mixed raced son, I think I can categorically say that things like colour of skin hasnt got fook all to do with the way that I personally look at the world. Maybe thats not the case with others?

To end my slant on the MDV`s thing, its much like how I feel regarding Elvis, Rab or Hughesy. Thanks for your efforts in previous times buts its a new era and we dont really need you! I`d be shocked if MDV makes the first 16 on the opening day of the season and maybe its best all round if he moves elsewhere.

lol I dont know about showing myself up is all about, its just about opinions!!! I never have and never will slag off a player when in the ground but if I personally think that a certain player hasn't given his all and couldn't care less, than I am entitled to have that opinion on a forum such as this.

I personally don't buy the whole situation of him leaving on loan because much better players like Alan Smith at Man Utd decided to stay and fight for his place despite his manager saying he should leave on loan (last season). I`d prefer that MDV stayed put 18 months ago and didn't just take it, lost a bit of weight and did what even David Becks did and take the managements decision not to play him by responding in a "I`ll show them" manner. Its just a personal opinion from me that in todays football, modern day footballers are in control and if they don't want to go on loan or be transferred, they don't have to and in MDV`s case. he isn't getting any younger and we have arguably lost 2 of is better footballing years to someone else and we were paying for part of the privilege. Just to clarify, I dont hate the bloke for it lol or wish him dead, just that we are in a new era and we are in the fortunate position where we dont have to carry people.

Also fella I dont get the white/black bit. Football has got nothing to do with colour and I dont give a damn what colour the player is, as long as he is trying! AS a father of a mixed raced son, I think I can categorically say that things like colour of skin hasnt got fook all to do with the way that I personally look at the world. Maybe thats not the case with others?

To end my slant on the MDV`s thing, its much like how I feel regarding Elvis, Rab or Hughesy. Thanks for your efforts in previous times buts its a new era and we dont really need you! I`d be shocked if MDV makes the first 16 on the opening day of the season and maybe its best all round if he moves elsewhere.

Not read the whole of this but had to stop there.

Alan Smith was given a option to go out on loan to regain some fitness, Mark De Vries was told he was going out on loan as he wasn't wanted and the club couldn't afford to keep paying him, totally different situation.

Not read the whole of this but had to stop there.

Alan Smith was given a option to go out on loan to regain some fitness, Mark De Vries was told he was going out on loan as he wasn't wanted and the club couldn't afford to keep paying him, totally different situation.

I cant win on this one because it would end up that I look like I hate MDV which I dont! I think a few people have actually used that word in this thread. What I dislike is people who don't fight. My example of how David Beckham responded when dropped by Real and England is exactly how I would want every player to respond if not featuring in the first team for one reason or another. I want to see fighters who want to stick around.

I cant win on this one because it would end up that I look like I hate MDV which I dont! I think a few people have actually used that word in this thread. What I dislike is people who don't fight. My example of how David Beckham responded when dropped by Real and England is exactly how I would want every player to respond if not featuring in the first team for one reason or another. I want to see fighters who want to stick around.

Oh my God.

I'm going to try this one last time.

What the hell do you think he's doing now, despite being transfer-listed by a manager who's never played him in a competitive game? Losing loads of weight and impressing Allen enough to be included in pre-season teams and in the squad on the trip to Scotland?

The fact is - if he'd rejected the chance to go on loan and stayed here while not being played by Kelly, he'd have been branded a mercenary in Rab's mould.

Archived