Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

De Vries, Odihambo

I cant win on this one because it would end up that I look like I hate MDV which I dont! I think a few people have actually used that word in this thread. What I dislike is people who don't fight. My example of how David Beckham responded when dropped by Real and England is exactly how I would want every player to respond if not featuring in the first team for one reason or another. I want to see fighters who want to stick around.

For the last time.

HE WAS TOLD HE WAS TO GO AS THE CLUB COULDN'T AFFORD HIM!

Whats he going to do say "No mr Kelly I will stay and fight for my place and financially cripple you at the same time, ha har"

:banghead:

I obviously see things differently to most on this issue!! We`ll leave it as it is as its pointless in going round and round on the same topic. The bottom line is we all have one thing in common and thats for our team to win football matches so lets hope that it happens, with or without MDV.

:chant:

:banghead:

I obviously see things differently to most on this issue!! We`ll leave it as it is as its pointless in going round and round on the same topic. The bottom line is we all have one thing in common and thats for our team to win football matches so lets hope that it happens, with or without MDV.

:chant:

It's not your view thats your problem its the fact that you fail to relise that he had no choice but to move on, staying wasn't a option for player or club this doesn't mean he gave up.

It's not your view thats your problem its the fact that you fail to relise that he had no choice but to move on, staying wasn't a option for player or club this doesn't mean he gave up.

:unsure::|

He's not that bad! He was a scape goat for the Levein era every time he touched the ball you had some **** was shouting abuse from the stands even before he did anything wrong.

As I say, hardly the best footballer in the world, and he's getting on, but he looks alot better, De Vries isn't as clumsey as some make out and holds the ball up well and does have a fairly nice touch and good feet, when the ball is put on the deck to him.

I wouldn't have him pencilled in as a starter by any means but he deserves some credit for forcing his way into MA plans despite being transfer listed.

The thing that really baffles me is that people on here think we can have a top 6 finish with MDV in the squad, He is never going to be of the standard to get 15 goals a season and is never going to be good enough to be part of a promotion side. I also understand that he was very poor lin the last game, and is unlikely to figure again.

I never even brought Fryatt into the equation, for the record I would be happy to see him as 4th or 5th choice stiker as he has some potential and is worth holding onto. I've seen De Vries, he has spent two years away from this club and promptly done sod all, scoring about 4 goals in two years. His record for Leicester in the league is something like 7 goals in two years of playing regularly. Fryatt who had a fantastic impact when he first arrived, scored 5 goals at the end of last season. and then scored 3 last season and had an appaling season. So their records are fairly similar, but the fact remains that Fryattt has the potential to get better, De Vries realistically isn't going to get any better, and will never score 15 goals a to season, so that's why i would keep Fryatt.

He may have lost weight, but he is still slow, he's not good in the air and he hasn't got a shot on him. This is why I'm really suprised Thracian has supported his inclusion. Admittedy I haven't seen him in training, or in matches, but from what I saw two years ago, he never did anything to suggest that he will be a useful player here.

To conclude, we need a better option if we are going to break into the top six.

T

For the last time.

HE WAS TOLD HE WAS TO GO AS THE CLUB COULDN'T AFFORD HIM!

Whats he going to do say "No mr Kelly I will stay and fight for my place and financially cripple you at the same time, ha har"

Where's your source?

He had the whole of pre season to impress Kelly and he didn't. He could have made Kelly change his mind and shown to him he could have been a force. He wouldn't have financially crippled us by the way we could have paid his wages, and we did for much of that season, as we paid 50%.

Where's your source?

He had the whole of pre season to impress Kelly and he didn't. He could have made Kelly change his mind and shown to him he could have been a force. He wouldn't have financially crippled us by the way we could have paid his wages, and we did for much of that season, as we paid 50%.

No it's true.

Martin Allen actualy told us himself.

The thing that really baffles me is that people on here think we can have a top 6 finish with MDV in the squad, He is never going to be of the standard to get 15 goals a season and is never going to be good enough to be part of a promotion side. I also understand that he was very poor lin the last game, and is unlikely to figure again.

I never even brought Fryatt into the equation, for the record I would be happy to see him as 4th or 5th choice stiker as he has some potential and is worth holding onto. I've seen De Vries, he has spent two years away from this club and promptly done sod all, scoring about 4 goals in two years. His record for Leicester in the league is something like 7 goals in two years of playing regularly. Fryatt who had a fantastic impact when he first arrived, scored 5 goals at the end of last season. and then scored 3 last season and had an appaling season. So their records are fairly similar, but the fact remains that Fryattt has the potential to get better, De Vries realistically isn't going to get any better, and will never score 15 goals a to season, so that's why i would keep Fryatt.

He may have lost weight, but he is still slow, he's not good in the air and he hasn't got a shot on him. This is why I'm really suprised Thracian has supported his inclusion. Admittedy I haven't seen him in training, or in matches, but from what I saw two years ago, he never did anything to suggest that he will be a useful player here.

To conclude, we need a better option if we are going to break into the top six.

T

Right, He managed 8 in half a season so if he carried on at that rate he would have ended up with 16 at the end of the season.

De Vries was never good in the air i don't know why people keep banging on about it, he was always a striker who prefered to have it in at feet and hold it up and try to bring others into play.

You don't have to be fast to be a good striker, Again another invalid point people use against him.

As for the better option for breaking into the top six ? Where does this shit come from? Were not gunna sign Billy Sharp or Freddy Eastwood anymore so get over it. Benjamin was never a 'Top Six' Striker but he came and done the business despite his limitied ability and we finished 2nd, so theres that arguement down the pan.

Right now De Vries is hungry and really willing to prove himself and if he can play to his strengths then yes he will be a very useful striker.

Where's your source?

No he didn't! Kelly reufused to pick him!

Manwell give it up Chief they won't agree with you until they have too.

It's a bit like when some said at the start of last season Rob Kelly was shit and we were relegation candidates. Or that Chris O'Grady was on the Racing Club Warwick Express. Or that Levi Porter is in fact really poor. Or if Andy Johnson was any good Bryan Robson would have kept him at WBA.

They'll get there in the end, but not before proclaiming that you are disloyal, a trouble maker and just out for a cyber fight.

Mark de Vries possess many qualities but 95% of our support refuse to accept them. About one of our strikers has put in the level of performance he did against Charlton or Spurs in the FA Cup, and many more have plumb to depths below his worst. I look forward to MA's reaction when he realises that the bulk of our support are buffoons as they abuse MdV on opening day.

The man turned Clive Platt in to a CCC striker last season, MdV is already superior to him in almost every capacity, so I reckon he is on a winner here.

It's a bit like when some said at the start of last season Rob Kelly was shit and we were relegation candidates. Or that Chris O'Grady was on the Racing Club Warwick Express. Or that Levi Porter is in fact really poor. Or if Andy Johnson was any good Bryan Robson would have kept him at WBA.

They'll get there in the end, but not before proclaiming that you are disloyal, a trouble maker and just out for a cyber fight.

Mark de Vries possess many qualities but 95% of our support refuse to accept them. About one of our strikers has put in the level of performance he did against Charlton or Spurs in the FA Cup, and many more have plumb to depths below his worst. I look forward to MA's reaction when he realises that the bulk of our support are buffoons as they abuse MdV on opening day.

The man turned Clive Platt in to a CCC striker last season, MdV is already superior to him in almost every capacity, so I reckon he is on a winner here.

This is so so true.

Clive Platt is absolutely appalling and MA got something out of him.

Every word Barton says here is true.

The vast majority are a mile behind. Look at the amount of people who were loving Chris O'Grady or proclaiming RK to be a good manager!

Top post. :thumbup: Agree with every single word.

To be fair though, is de Vries actually going to get a game though? There's Campbell, Fryatt, Hume, Cort and possiblt McLeod to contend with. I don't see a place for him, which is a shame because had he been allowed to show his worth last summer he'd have been first choice.

Well let's wait until we've all seen him play under MA in a competitve game, I'm willing to put money on the fact that De Vries will put in the same shit displays and get away with nicking goals, if heaven forbid he even plays, some of you have very short memories if you're willing to think that de vries is a goal scorer and someone who brings others into play. When De vries left hume became a different player and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Well let's wait until we've all seen him play under MA in a competitve game, I'm willing to put money on the fact that De Vries will put in the same shit displays and get away with nicking goals, if heaven forbid he even plays, some of you have very short memories if you're willing to think that de vries is a goal scorer and someone who brings others into play. When De vries left hume became a different player and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Hume Struggled to get into the team before De Vries left.

and when he played he played with de vries, and was consequently much less effective.

Or adapting to the Championship? He only played with De Vries for brief periods. They were only at the club togther for 3 months, Hume didn't really kick on as a regular goal scorer until this season. I don't think De Vries leaving was what kicked started him.

I do agree with you I don't think he's good enough, but some of the stick he gets E.G what you have said about Hume is really unfair.

Thta's because Levein liked to play Elvis or Dublin up there with the Maestro, not necessarily anything to do with Hume's ability or de Vries hot form.

I never said it did.

I was merley pointing out that De Vries leaving was not what made Ian Hume a good player. Which is what Abrasive fox was saying.

So are we all now going to kid ourselves that De Vries got 8 goals in half a season when it was more like 3 quarters and he hadn't scored for about 15 games and looked unlikely to for the rest of the season. Everyone on here rejoiced when he left, now he's lost a stone or something and everyone is talking as if he's a different player. WTF! He's still going to be awful in the air and what is the point of a six foot two striker if they want it playing to their feet, I'd rather have Fryatt as he do something far more useful with it than de vries.

I'm in utter disbelief, how fickle football fans can be.

Archived