Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

De Vries, Odihambo

If he shows that he is a decent player and looks like he want's to play for this club then why shouldn't he get another chance ?

Just checking. Some people would give De Vries the chance and not Hughes based solely on pre-season hype.

Lets not forget....

Shocking defending and/or goalkeeping for each one of them.

Just checking. Some people would give De Vries the chance and not Hughes based solely on pre-season hype.

Shocking defending and/or goalkeeping for each one of them.

The best players can make good defenders school boy sometimes..... I agree though.

It's rather sad that so many are now wishing de Vries to fail just so for once in their lives they can say "I was right" :rolleyes:

You have to admire how they try to set it up, because anything short of a Marco van Bastenesque performance each week will lead to cries of I"told you he was crap", just to prove their correctness.

How can the worst team in Hollands first division take on his wages? Did we let him go and still pay a big chunk of those wages?

Anyway, Its just my opinion and the way that I work. I dont have muck around me and get rid if I see someone wants to take the pi$$.

MDV reminds me of some girls I know who when in a relationship just go through the motions and cant be arsed to do anything, dont go out much and pile a bit of weight on. As soon as the bloke fooks off they decide to look after themselves by losing a few pounds, be outgoing and be more full of life. If only they did that when they had a boyfriend all will be well.

Get your quote of the week ready because MDV is like those down in the dumps women in boring relationships and its too late to lose the weight lol:thumbup:

spurs goal was great !!!

It's rather sad that so many are now wishing de Vries to fail just so for once in their lives they can say "I was right" :rolleyes:

You have to admire how they try to set it up, because anything short of a Marco van Bastenesque performance each week will lead to cries of I"told you he was crap", just to prove their correctness.

I don't think anything will redeem MDV in the majority of the fans eyes.

Apparently he's still lazy even though he's lost a shitload of weight and worked himself silly to get into the managers plans :dunno:

And a player who score 5 more in a full season is God :whistle: And didn't the Holy One also go on a streak of no goals in umpteen games

As a team we created far more chances with de Vries in the team than we did without him, because he is big awkard and causes defenders to make mistakes.

Sadly, most of those chances fell to de Vries who seemed to waste them. I'm all for giving de Vries another chance and i'll treat him as if he's a new player so if he get's 5 or 10 games then i'll reserve judgement until he's been given a fair crack again. But he'll have to improve on his performances he put in under Levein. I am quietly confident he could do though, new start. New regime, looking a lot fitter and that will lead to a more confident de Vries. Allen won't take any bollocks either, like Levein might have done with Mark. There will be very few favourites, if any under Allen and that means that a player will always have to earn the right to play and can't get away with under par performances.

de Vries does have a knack of getting a good 2 or 3 chances a game, if he could convert 1 every 4-5 chances he get's then we'll have a devastating finisher.

I think that could be said to you though pal, about Hume. If somebody doesn't rate a player, it's human nature to highlight their failures each time they have a crap game or spell. Everyone does it. Sadly, some of them have little footballing knowledge, so it makes it harder to digest.

Anyone who actually wants one of their own players to fail isn't a real fan. I don't mind MDV but have explained that I dont like the fact that he has hardly featured in two years. Ive heard the arguments for and against but still, its my opinion. However, players like Elvis aren't my personal favorites either but if they somehow, by some horrible twist of feat ended up being the two strikers who start against Blackpool, I`d be cheering them to do well and praying they score the goals to win the games. I dont think they`ll be capable but i`ll be praying lol

I think that could be said to you though pal, about Hume. If somebody doesn't rate a player, it's human nature to highlight their failures each time they have a crap game or spell. Everyone does it. Sadly, some of them have little footballing knowledge, so it makes it harder to digest.

Good grief not you too Ric.

I have never once slagged Hume off for his effort, I have merely pointed out that he has flaws in his game which many on here seem to ignore. I don't go all dizzy about a players because we actually don't have any real stars, if we did we wouldn't have been where we are for the last few years.

Everyone except Hammond deserves a chance and they are getting it. Those that appear not to be getting a chance have had to make a decision this last week and come Monday we'll see what they worked out for their career paths :thumbup:

Good grief not you too Ric.

I have never once slagged Hume off for his effort, I have merely pointed out that he has flaws in his game which many on here seem to ignore. I don't go all dizzy about a players because we actually don't have any real stars, if we did we wouldn't have been where we are for the last few years.

Everyone except Hammond deserves a chance and they are getting it. Those that appear not to be getting a chance have had to make a decision this last week and come Monday we'll see what they worked out for their career paths :thumbup:

Hahaa, I was only joking son. I value your opinion and I know you can spot a good footballer when you see one. Hume get's the praise he get's precisly because of what you've just said. We have no stars and fans are always desperate for the odd quality player at their club. Hume has represented over the past season or so, some decent football and the way he plays the game will always appeal to a large fan base.

He has limitations and I was one of his biggest fans at times last season. But when push came to shove, when we were deep in the shit, he was a hinderance towards the end of the season. He tried to save us all on his own and it highlighted the weaknesses he has. Thankfully, we're in a much better position this season coming and i've got high hopes for Hume along side some better players. Got a feeling, Allen will push him on to the next level and if he can score 14-15 goals in a crap team, I wonder what he could notch up with some decent service? 20 goals is a rare achievement these days, but there's no reason he can't do it. Infact there's no reason why a few of our others strikers can't get near that amount, probably not all in the same season though.

I fancy de Vries to be the Rooster Russell of 1991/92 for us this season.

Buuuulllllllshit!

I have nothing against him as a person (I've never met him why would I?), I don't think he's lazy, I don't care what money he's on. I just think he's crap,. simple as that.

Lets not forget....

omg did he just head the ball ino the back of the net? ah well there must be a first and last fro everything. lets face it guys the man is an uttter waste he is 6ft sommit and never even seems to be able to get for a head Hume beats him to it! we have seen him play against poor opposition and hes done well, that video shows him against poor opposition lets face it Hibs are poor infact the scottish leagues are poor Hearts-Celtic-Rangers are the only three that have something about them, the rest are just meer teams to make up the numbers. MDV will run riot in league 1 or 2 but as he has proved to us before will do nothing in this league goodbye big man.

p.s. i hope i eat my words but i cant see it happening!

omg did he just head the ball ino the back of the net? ah well there must be a first and last fro everything. lets face it guys the man is an uttter waste he is 6ft sommit and never even seems to be able to get for a head Hume beats him to it! we have seen him play against poor opposition and hes done well, that video shows him against poor opposition lets face it Hibs are poor infact the scottish leagues are poor Hearts-Celtic-Rangers are the only three that have something about them, the rest are just meer teams to make up the numbers. MDV will run riot in league 1 or 2 but as he has proved to us before will do nothing in this league goodbye big man.

p.s. i hope i eat my words but i cant see it happening!

Er, no your wrong. Hibs are and always have been a pretty decent side, Championship level at the very least.

Er, no your wrong. Hibs are and always have been a pretty decent side, Championship level at the very least.

:unsure: Think we should ask for a freindly against them and see about that :thumbup: and then thay can go play forest then wel see what league they should be in :thumbup:

I get the whole "new manager, clean slate" thing that happens in many clubs but lets not get blinkered by a players ability just because a new manager comes in. I can understand cutting some slack on some of the younger players like Levi or Stearman as they are not the finished article yet. Players like Hughes proved last season that he didn't fancy it and if you are giving people like him or even MDV ago, why not Elvis??!! I don't rate his abilities at all but he at least stuck around and somehow scored a few goals unlike some of the others!

I dont get why people change tact just because we have a new manager. Im sure I can call up some old MDV threads for example to read how many people have laughed at the lad only to now think that he should feature within our squad. Madness!

You do relise they won the CIS insurance cup this year don't you?

wow crickey not the Cis insurance cup! :|

don't even try to defend scottish football, it's piss poor. the players we have got from scotland have all been shit, and they were supposedly quality players yp there. Dont defend the indefensible.

don't even try to defend scottish football, it's piss poor. the players we have got from scotland have all been shit, and they were supposedly quality players yp there. Dont defend the indefensible.

:worship: not sure if that was sarcasm but it backs up my point, thankyou. shame we cant get any facts on this! anyone? well Post in here if you have any facts that prove that scottish football is piss poor and hibs are not upto championship standard. :thumbup:

:worship: not sure if that was sarcasm but it backs up my point, thankyou. shame we cant get any facts on this! anyone? well Post in here if you have any facts that prove that scottish football is piss poor and hibs are not upto championship standard. :thumbup:

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

You really are narrow minded aren't you, how can you slag off Scottish football when truth be told neither you or fox hate ram know the first thing about it. Oh thats right we bought Stephen Hughes and Mark De Vries ahh, that means they must all be crap up there.

Maybury was fine until we started messing him about and if you want to start having a dig at Patrick Kisnorbo by all means do so, poor as you think De Vries is he scored more goals in 05/06 than anyone else on our books.

Don't talk about what you don't know about.

Scottish football is improving and we are seeing quite a few of there players, especially younger lads coming down here or being subject to big transfer fees. Hearts even turned down about £7m for their keeper Gordon from Sunderland, something that would never have happened 5 years ago. Kilmarnock are turning down £1.5m offers for Naismith, Brum bought O`Connor via Russia for Russia for about £4m, Celtic paid about £4m for Hibs player Scott Brown. Sunderland bought Russel Anderson for over £1m from Aberdeen and quite a few other decent players have been linked in moves.

It shows what can happen when you are at rock bottom and they were a few years ago with no kids coming through and loads of players retiring at the same time. They are not that bad and side slike Hibs and Hearts would compete well in the Championship. Celtic and Rangers have done OK in Europe in recent years too which is another sign that there footy is improving, probably quicker than ours.

Archived