Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

De Vries, Odihambo

Not sure answers couldn't have been found for that - selling Maybury might have paid for him for the best part of half-a-season - but whatever, your point still suggests MDV had little alternative but to go out on loan.....

Hindsight Thracian

At the time Mark De Vries was fat, demotivated, and a waste of space in the eyes of the fans and of Rob Kelly. So no selling Maybury in order to keep him at the club wasn't really a option.

I think most fans on here would give him a second chance which is great for him but Im a little old school in my thinking and dont like carrying deadwood or those who dont want to give there all for the club. Fair play to the lad he has lost that weight finally and is seemingly looking OK so if selected, as I said, he`ll get my full backing but in an ideal world I`d like players at the club who want to give there all regardless of the management in place.

The whole farcical situation at Arsenal has been summed up in recent weeks with players either playing because another player is at the club (Ljunberg quoted as saying he has left because the club aren't ambitious after the sale of Henry) and Henry leaving because David Dein left and Wenger may not stay. The players should think about the football club and the fans and not the individuals in the management.

Why is it that all the players who were put on the list by MA want to fight for there place or are even turning down offers like Hughes has? They are happy on there wage and arent that fussed and may now want to stick around now that we seemingly are going places but when things were shite and we had relegation battles players like MDV was 2 stone heavier and warming some bench in Den Haag or where ever it was and Hughes was slopping around givinga bad impression of a midfielder.

Lets not suffer fools....

Hindsight Thracian

At the time Mark De Vries was fat, demotivated, and a waste of space in the eyes of the fans and of Rob Kelly. So no selling Maybury in order to keep him at the club wasn't really a option.

I never fully understood the MDV situation or why one of our leading scorers went off the radar and would rather hear his version before jumping to conclusions. But there's no hindsight about Maybury. I'd have sold him in a shot given chance.

As I would now.

I think most fans on here would give him a second chance which is great for him but Im a little old school in my thinking and dont like carrying deadwood or those who dont want to give there all for the club. Fair play to the lad he has lost that weight finally and is seemingly looking OK so if selected, as I said, he`ll get my full backing but in an ideal world I`d like players at the club who want to give there all regardless of the management in place.

The whole farcical situation at Arsenal has been summed up in recent weeks with players either playing because another player is at the club (Ljunberg quoted as saying he has left because the club aren't ambitious after the sale of Henry) and Henry leaving because David Dein left and Wenger may not stay. The players should think about the football club and the fans and not the individuals in the management.

Why is it that all the players who were put on the list by MA want to fight for there place or are even turning down offers like Hughes has? They are happy on there wage and arent that fussed and may now want to stick around now that we seemingly are going places but when things were shite and we had relegation battles players like MDV was 2 stone heavier and warming some bench in Den Haag or where ever it was and Hughes was slopping around givinga bad impression of a midfielder.

Lets not suffer fools....

If your working under an idoit it's pretty hard to want to do your job properly, especially if said idoit doesn't want you in and around the first team.

De Vries was doing alright here until he was farmed out to Holland

If your working under an idoit it's pretty hard to want to do your job properly, especially if said idoit doesn't want you in and around the first team.

De Vries was doing alright here until he was farmed out to Holland

We probably have all worked under prat bosses over the years but the fact is if you are working hard and doing your job properly, chances are they cant get rid of you that easily. In MDV case, he wasn't in shape and that alone is reason enough not to include him in the team.

We probably have all worked under prat bosses over the years but the fact is if you are working hard and doing your job properly, chances are they cant get rid of you that easily. In MDV case, he wasn't in shape and that alone is reason enough not to include him in the team.

Not really, De Vries scores nine goals, Levein is sacked, Kelly is appointed, Kelly is an idoit, and Kelly tells De Vries to **** off to Holland as we can't afford to pay him.

What is Mark De Vries suppose to do?

De Vries goes to Holland scores three goals including one against PSV.

Mark De Vries is totally left out of all Pre Season freindlies bar one sub apperance

Mark De Vries is left out of all our opening games

Mard De Vries is farmed out to the worst team in the Erdevise on a season long loan, having had no pre season and no competitve games, for ****ing months.

Mark De Vries comes back having had a miserable season in Den Hagen.

Mark De Vries comes back and makes a real effort despite ALL of this, and being hated by our supporters.

Say he's not good enough by all means but don't say he should go because of his lack of effort that bloke has had terrible working conditions as well as terrible bosses and has been pulled from pillar to post and not allowed to play football when he needed it the most, all of the time recieving no end of abuse from our fans. All due respect you are talking utter shit Geo.

Not really, De Vries scores nine goals, Levein is sacked, Kelly is appointed, Kelly is an idoit, and Kelly tells De Vries to **** off to Holland as we can't afford to pay him.

What is Mark De Vries suppose to do?

De Vries goes to Holland scores three goals including one against PSV.

Mark De Vries is totally left out of all Pre Season freindlies bar one sub apperance

Mark De Vries is left out of all our opening games

Mard De Vries is farmed out to the worst team in the Erdevise on a season long loan, having had no pre season and no competitve games, for ****ing months.

Mark De Vries comes back having had a miserable season in Den Hagen.

Mark De Vries comes back and makes a real effort despite ALL of this, and being hated by our supporters.

Say he's not good enough by all means but don't say he should go because of his lack of effort that bloke has had terrible working conditions as well as terrible bosses and has been pulled from pillar to post and not allowed to play football when he needed it the most, all of the time recieving no end of abuse from our fans. All due respect you are talking utter shit Geo.

How can the worst team in Hollands first division take on his wages? Did we let him go and still pay a big chunk of those wages?

Anyway, Its just my opinion and the way that I work. I dont have muck around me and get rid if I see someone wants to take the pi$$.

MDV reminds me of some girls I know who when in a relationship just go through the motions and cant be arsed to do anything, dont go out much and pile a bit of weight on. As soon as the bloke fooks off they decide to look after themselves by losing a few pounds, be outgoing and be more full of life. If only they did that when they had a boyfriend all will be well.

Get your quote of the week ready because MDV is like those down in the dumps women in boring relationships and its too late to lose the weight lol:thumbup:

Good points, one and all, Manwell.

I am finding it difficult to understand why we are consistently slagging off players just because of recent history. MDV, Fryatt and now the keepers.

We have 17 days left before the start of the season.

Then and only then should we be offering criticism.

If they don't pull out all the stops then we have another window in which to try and get rid.

Appeal Bandwagon: Leave them alone until September. Give them a chance.

It's just not as black and white as saying a team should only be filled with players who truly want to play for the club regardless of who is in charge.

Humans by their nature will respond to the environment they are in and if that environment contains managers of the quality of Rob Kelly and an infrastructure as poor as Leicester's (B.M.) then it's inevitable that some players will suffer.

This is particularly the case with a team like Leicester where management will have to work hard (just see what Allen is doing now) to build loyalty to a club and maintain that throughout a season and beyond.

I wish MDV all the luck in the world and I hope he does succeed at Leicester (let's face it he was devestating against Spurs - yes, one performance but you saw what he was capable of). I think there's every chance he might because of the environment he is now in which will nurture and demand loyalty to the club, something which we should hope is reflected in all of the squad.

How can the worst team in Hollands first division take on his wages? Did we let him go and still pay a big chunk of those wages?

Anyway, Its just my opinion and the way that I work. I dont have muck around me and get rid if I see someone wants to take the pi$$.

MDV reminds me of some girls I know who when in a relationship just go through the motions and cant be arsed to do anything, dont go out much and pile a bit of weight on. As soon as the bloke fooks off they decide to look after themselves by losing a few pounds, be outgoing and be more full of life. If only they did that when they had a boyfriend all will be well.

Get your quote of the week ready because MDV is like those down in the dumps women in boring relationships and its too late to lose the weight lol:thumbup:

We were still paying some of his wages they werne't paying it all.

If anyones had the piss taken out of him it was him, He did nothing wrong at all TBH he was our top scorer when he was farmed out on loan and I think despite ending the season in Holland he was at the end of joint top scorer.

After that if he's not picked for pre season and not picked for games WHAT IS HE SUPPOSE TO DO! It's not his fault!!

We were still paying some of his wages they werne't paying it all.

If anyones had the piss taken out of him it was him, He did nothing wrong at all TBH he was our top scorer when he was farmed out on loan and I think despite ending the season in Holland he was at the end of joint top scorer.

After that if he's not picked for pre season and not picked for games WHAT IS HE SUPPOSE TO DO! It's not his fault!!

He had plenty of chance to convince dutch fans and clubs. I'm pleased he's showing effort to improve but as TPH said yesterday rararara

That is the complete opposite of what MDV has done.

I think you've shown yourself up a bit in this thread mate. As Manwell has pointed out, Kelly packed our top scorer off on loan (who had scored more in half a season than Fryatt did in what is supposedly his golden era at the club that we should all remember when we dare to slag him off), froze him out completely in the following pre-season, then sent him off on loan again when we had to field the likes of O'Grady up front and refused to bring him back when it was clear we needed presence up front, instead opting to bring in Geoff Horsfield on loan. How much money comes into it, I don't know myself - but that is irrelevant to your argument anyway.

Despite all this he has still come back, lost a load of weight and impressed Allen in friendlies and all he gets is a load of ill-informed abuse from someone who clearly hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

If MDV was eight or nine years younger and white, he wouldn't have got so much of a slagging in the first place because he was no more or less fit when he played his first games for us than Fryatt was for the whole of last season.

Despite all this he has still come back, lost a load of weight and impressed Allen in friendlies and all he gets is a load of ill-informed abuse from someone who clearly hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

If he continues his efforts to the extent that MA selects him for competitive matches, and if I could be bothered to pay over the odds for a shitty shirt, I too would have his name on the back.

Only I wouldn't pay, I'd get someone with nice handwriting to do it with a marker pen.

Or Letraset.

RubberStampTh.jpg

So let me get this straight

MDV is a lazy arse etc, etc because he went out on an enforced loan and whilst on loan lost a lot of weight got himself fit and has come back knuckled down under a new strong take no prisoners management team in order to show that he is worth keeping.

Jeez it's like a soap opera on here sometimes.

So let me get this straight

MDV is a lazy arse etc, etc because he went out on an enforced loan and whilst on loan lost a lot of weight got himself fit and has come back knuckled down under a new strong take no prisoners management team in order to show that he is worth keeping.

Jeez it's like a soap opera on here sometimes.

You missed out the bit where he became a lesbian, killed his illegitimate son who had stolen the deeds to the hotel and his on-off marriage to the psychopathic mail order bride from Peterborough.

You missed out the bit where he became a lesbian, killed his illegitimate son who had stolen the deeds to the hotel and his on-off marriage to the psychopathic mail order bride from Peterborough.

Well I didn't want to bore you as I seem to have gain a reputation for boring threads and topics :dunno:

I wonder if de Vries still has a stutter like Gareth Gates?

Only when he gets in those cold baths

It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's It's

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

He seemed to speak ok when me n my mate had a photo with him against Quorn.

I remember the press conference when he signed and I felt really sorry for the chap, he was obviously nervous and that's when the stutter must appear. He also had a shocker when he was interviewed after the Spurs game. He tried a few words, they didn't come out, so he didn't bother. Elvis had to take over instead, who's hardly a good communicator either.

I remember the press conference when he signed and I felt really sorry for the chap, he was obviously nervous and that's when the stutter must appear. He also had a shocker when he was interviewed after the Spurs game. He tried a few words, they didn't come out, so he didn't bother. Elvis had to take over instead, who's hardly a good communicator either.

BRRRRRRRAP BRRRRRRRRRRRAP

EASY IN DA AREA, MA MAN MDV HE JUS WANNA SAY... RRRRRRRISE UP TA ALL DA NEDDERLUND MASSEEV, YA HEAR ME, WAGWAAAAN?

"Erm... yes. Now back to you in the studio Richard..."

Ar'mate yea ya know, Iz jast came dawn riaght, and I'ave ad a dig ar it and iz go in, and tha place as gon menel.

Archived