Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

From chumps to champions

I think a lot of what he says is lost in translation. Unfortunately Thracian hasn't got that excuse.

Piss off :D Have english A-grade. Prefer to be labelled a hamster brain than that.

I've been there 6 times. :D

I know MBK is very literate but it's still a second language and there will be one or two unusual turns of phrase every now and then.

Whatever, I think this is down to him being a Hamster Brainm, not things getting lost in Translation.

Feel better MBK?

Whatever, I think this is down to him being a Hamster Brainm, not things getting lost in Translation.

Feel better MBK?

Diction says nothing about that :mellow:

Freindlies against SHIT TEAMS! one of which we beat 5-0 with a bunch of kids out last season for pitys sake, the are freindlies against teams who are nowhere near as good as the teams we will be faceing, the best team played has been a mid table League Two outfit or a second rate Scottish first division team, take your pick of which you rate more. Championship football will be a totally differernt kettle of fish.

and yes, we are much better man for man, much better than a team that finished 19th. Not good enough to win the division your going overboard for some reason alot of Leicester fans like to do this, when we're shit we're heading for the play offs. And when we're heading for the play offs we're heading for 1st palce :rolleyes:

I will be absloutley ****ing ECSTATIC if we make the play offs.

I'm not going overboard at all I just don't share your regard for the opposition.

Your are forever going down the "shit teams" path to justify an opinion - and not very convincingly up to now - but as far as these friendlies are concerned the opposition has nothing to do with what I'm talking about - they were simply the opponents of the day.

I'm talking about how much better we're doing basic footballing things than we did last season - things that have previously been missing to an embarrassing extent.

You can suit yourself but I'm going into the season with every faith in our new manager and the way he's going about things.

I'm not going overboard at all I just don't share your regard for the opposition.

The opposition in the friendlies has nothing to do with what I'm talking about - they were simply the opposition of the day.

I'm talking about how much better we're doing basic footballing things than we did last season - things that have previously been missing to an embarrassing extent.

You can suit yourself but I'm going into the season with every faith in our new manager and the way he's going about things.

Fair enough, I have no problem saying I told you so (again) when we don't win the league.

Fair enough, I have no problem saying I told you so (again) when we don't win the league.

I didn't say we would win the League. I said top two should be our target and see no reason we shouldn't challenge as well as anyone else.

I'm not fussed if we don't get promoted, the play offs might be fun but even then I'm not that concerned about winning them.

What's the incentive?

More games moved to outragious time slots

Higher Ticket prices to see us lose too often

The Ground filled with glory chasing I'd rather support Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool but have had the misfortune to be born/end up in Leicester

Losing most weeks

Shed loads of money that you have to waste on here today gone tomorrow mercenaries

The club no longer needing our custom will tell us to fook off in all the ways they can think of.

As long as we get some decent entertaining more wins than we lose games then I'll be satisfied. Now if we had a more even playing field I'm sure I'd feel a whole lot different, I don't want to end up feeling like this Brum fan.

From the keeprighton messageboard....

What's sad is because we've been promoted we've lost exactly the type of player we've always appreciated. D J Campbell loved our club and I loved his attitude.

Now I'm soured by the whole Prem thing. Greed, agents,no local

players, hardly any English players, mercenaries touting like whores.

I shall follow leicester as my second team this season and hope D J does brilliantly for them. His attitude and the words he left us with are from a bygone age.

I miss it.

I didn't say we would win the League. I said top two should be our target and see no reason we shouldn't challenge as well as anyone else.

Come of it Thrac........top 2.......you've been on the Barbar haven't you!!!! But I do hope you make me eat my words!!!

Come of it Thrac........top 2.......you've been on the Barbar haven't you!!!! But I do hope you make me eat my words!!!

If I'd been on the Barbar's I'd have offered MP a bet because even though I didn't actually say we'd finish top two - just that it should be our target and we'd got a decent chance of hitting it - I wouldn't have given a toss and would have bet the guy anyway.

As it is they hadn't got any Barbar's when Smudge joined me recently all the way from the US particularly hoping to try some. He seemed quite happy with the alternatives but, as you know, there's only one Barbar's and football's not quite the same without it.

I'm with Thrac on this, this time last season every body said WBA were certs, no body even considered Derby and Sunderland. I won't say we will win the league but only a fool would rule it out.

If I'd been on the Barbar's I'd have offered MP a bet because even though I didn't actually say we'd finish top two - just that it should be our target and we'd got a decent chance of hitting it - I wouldn't have given a toss and would have bet the guy anyway.

As it is they hadn't got any Barbar's when Smudge joined me recently all the way from the US particularly hoping to try some. He seemed quite happy with the alternatives but, as you know, there's only one Barbar's and football's not quite the same without it.

I've got enough bets flying about the four leagues at the moment as it is.

There is optimism and out and all lunacy. My feet are firmly on the ground and I am optimistic that we will have a decent season. If you look back how shite things have been over the last 4 years, 10th would be a good ending. However, I can see why some of them think that we may win the league because we are one of the big spenders of the division, we have one of the biggest average attendances within out league and that hopefully could finally help and anything is possible at this level, as Reading showed us by winning in style a couple of years ago.

Anything can happen but the play-offs will do for me.

There is optimism and out and all lunacy. My feet are firmly on the ground and I am optimistic that we will have a decent season. If you look back how shite things have been over the last 4 years, 10th would be a good ending. However, I can see why some of them think that we may win the league because we are one of the big spenders of the division, we have one of the biggest average attendances within out league and that hopefully could finally help and anything is possible at this level, as Reading showed us by winning in style a couple of years ago.

Anything can happen but the play-offs will do for me.

So what would be lunacy then?

So what would be lunacy then?

I don't know about you, but I know some mates who reckon we will piss the league with all these new players. I'm not saying that its impossible to win the league as I said before, anything can happen but some people think that real football is like some footy management game on the computer that you can bring in named players and waltz through.

All these people do is set themselves up for disappointment. Be optimistic yes, but also be realistic and don't over hype the situation to think because we have added 12 players and with more to come, we are somehow clear favourites to win the division because we are not.

I'm not fussed if we don't get promoted, the play offs might be fun but even then I'm not that concerned about winning them.

What's the incentive?

More games moved to outragious time slots

Higher Ticket prices to see us lose too often

The Ground filled with glory chasing I'd rather support Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool but have had the misfortune to be born/end up in Leicester

Losing most weeks

Shed loads of money that you have to waste on here today gone tomorrow mercenaries

The club no longer needing our custom will tell us to fook off in all the ways they can think of.

As long as we get some decent entertaining more wins than we lose games then I'll be satisfied. Now if we had a more even playing field I'm sure I'd feel a whole lot different, I don't want to end up feeling like this Brum fan.

Bar-keep,

Give me a pint of what this man was having.

:blink:

Archived