Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

From chumps to champions

Bar-keep,

Give me a pint of what this man was having.

:blink:

I agree at the moment. But all things are relative and if we're hanging onto 6th place going into the last couple of games of the season and Allen plays a couple of players out of position, I will be howling with anger along with everyone else.

I agree at the moment. But all things are relative and if we're hanging onto 6th place going into the last couple of games of the season and Allen plays a couple of players out of position, I will be howling with anger along with everyone else.

What? A pint or the wilful mediocrity?

You will if I'm sufficiently late for our meet-up last weekend.

Come down to Maidstone if you fancy a bit of househunting with me.

Palace looms large on the agenda in terms of drunken antics.

(Un)fortunately my presence is required in the parish of Manchester this weekend to see a certain popular beat combo from the Steel City play some popular music hall tunes for a selected group of ladies and gentlefolk.

Palace... shall be merry.

Not if his tactically decisions prove to be successful you wont be.

(Un)fortunately my presence is required in the parish of Manchester this weekend to see a certain popular beat combo from the Steel City play some popular music hall tunes for a selected group of ladies and gentlefolk.

Palace... shall be merry.

The Articulated Monkey Lorries?

I don't think it's a case of how much we can improve on last year. This season is a new slate with new expectations. To say we've brought in x many players, therefore we will finish with x many points more than last season is difficult.

I prefer to look at it in the sense that we couldn't have a more competitive and demanding manager or chairman. They are both desperate to win every single game, a feeling that should be mandatory at every football club but that I haven't ever felt has been conveyed at LCFC from both manager and chairman at the same time so strongly as this before. The pressure on the chairman, the manager and the players is huge because they are not just getting it from the fans this season but themselves as well.

There are four or five better teams than us in this division but with Allen and Mandaric here, you get the feeling that we won't be rolling over in more than one or two games this season, whatever the quality of the opposition and in this division, that's the most important thing of all.

I really like this post! I agree that the 1 thing that will drive the club forward into being a hard side to play against will be the will of the fans, players, manager, and chairman!

Of course you won't win the league,their is sides with better squads than you and it will take a while for all your new players to gel.You will reach the playoffs imo though you will lose in them.

We wont win the league but we'll get play offs ...

But then again forest carnt talk can they?

Anything above 12th will be a bonus, we have huge problems at the back or has no one noticed :dunno:

Crap keepers for one, then we have a teenage left back and a tempremental back up. We have added N'Gotty but remain with Kisnorbo and McAuley who marshalled a relegation threatened side plus the erratic Stearman and our right backs are an unknown Iranian and Chambers.

We are still far too lightweight on the left and a 3 man combo of Kishishev, Wesolowski and Clemence is one shy of being able to compete week in week out, Hellings may be that man :dunno: . Newton is okay but for 46 games plus cup ties :mellow:

Up top Hume and Campbell, but Fryatt, Cort and de Vries have a lot to prove and Hammond :laugh:

If we lose on a Saturday it won't be without a fight, but please get your expectations in check.

Of course you won't win the league,their is sides with better squads than you and it will take a while for all your new players to gel.You will reach the playoffs imo though you will lose in them.

Do one you lower league gibbon, when you stopped getting spanked 5-2 at home by Yeovil you may grace us with an opinion until then concentrate on Huddersfield and Leeds.

Anything above 12th will be a bonus, we have huge problems at the back or has no one noticed :dunno:

Crap keepers for one, then we have a teenage left back and a tempremental back up. We have added N'Gotty but remain with Kisnorbo and McAuley who marshalled a relegation threatened side plus the erratic Stearman and our right backs are an unknown Iranian and Chambers.

We are still far too lightweight on the left and a 3 man combo of Kishishev, Wesolowski and Clemence is one shy of being able to compete week in week out, Hellings may be that man :dunno: . Newton is okay but for 46 games plus cup ties :mellow:

Up top Hume and Campbell, but Fryatt, Cort and de Vries have a lot to prove and Hammond :laugh:

If we lose on a Saturday it won't be without a fight, but please get your expectations in check.

I think that's just a shade pessimistic, but way more realistic than many expectations. Our defence was solidly midtable in terms of goals shipped last season, but we've improved our fullback options, added experience and (according to thracian?) a better passer of the ball in N'gotty. Not only that, but with the strengthening of our midfield and attack the ball should be spending more of the time up the other end of the pitch, which should result in even less goals conceded.

Left-back might be a concern in terms of experience, but Mattock looked the part last season, and I expect we'll sign another left-back unless MA is very, very confident about Mattock and Sheehan's ability to play there.

Remember "St" Milan has said he expects us to finish in the top five.... :rolleyes:

That's a massive ask with a rookie manager at this level and so many new signings.

Although there is quality in our squad, we also have a lot of catching up to do with some of the sides (and their managers - McCarthy, Pardew, Robson etc..) in this league.

A top 10 finish should be a realistic target for this season. Anything else will be a welcome bonus.

N'gotty will improve our defence and chambers is a decent right back but we do have to bring in a left back.

Remember "St" Milan has said he expects us to finish in the top five.... :rolleyes:

That's a massive ask with a rookie manager at this level and so many new signings.

Although there is quality in our squad, we also have a lot of catching up to do with some of the sides (and their managers - McCarthy, Pardew, Robson etc..) in this league.

A top 10 finish should be a realistic target for this season. Anything else will be a welcome bonus.

You'll get nowhere coming out with such common sense as this around these parts - hang on, where's the real Ultra?

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19842

I think the Optimistic Bus has diverted to Talkings Balls for a few extra passengers.

Over 41% not only think we're heading for the top six but are convinced that we'll be champions.

No pressure then, Martin!

Don't mistake me. MA could probably led a team of nudists safely across the North Pole.

Tales about him swimming a freezing river for a bet are now being changed to say he walked across!

But champions?

It's possible. The more I think about it I have to agree it's possible.

But whether he can do it without losing a game is the question. :D

Come on you Blues... :thumbup:

we wont win it this year mate...maybe next year :thumbup:

i agree as fans we should be getting behind the team and try to push for promotion and set our hopes up high. we've had too many years of half hearted football playing and apathy. now this new management has given us hope and ambition to get something out of this club and we should do the same,

my only worry is that if ( with gods help) we do actually get promoted we will be going into the Prem with a new team and stepping up to a far greater level. basically, too much too soon. lets have a good season, improve on the pitch and build a team that will go up and stay up.

if that takes 3 years then so be it,

Archived