Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC2007

Andy Cole

It says in the Leicester Mercury that the lastest city name to be mentioned as a possible signing is Andy Cole of Portsmouth.

It also said in the Leicester Mercury that 3 more players are on the way.

Who could these be?

Actually think he's less of a risk than Fowler would have been. Thought he looked class for Brum last year! Would take him for a year deal definately. Would make me feel more confident about our strike force as I am not feeling too good at the prospect of Carl Cort as our No. 9!!!!

I think the squad needs a player who is used to winning / knows what it is like to be part of a winning side to try and give us that winning mentality etc.

Yeah Andy Cole's only won a Champions league title with Man Utd, Various league titles and probably every domestic trophy there is. Oh, and he's in the top all time Premiership goal scorers. Nah I don't think he knows what it is like to be part of a winning side either.

:unsure:

Yeah Andy Cole's only won a Champions league title with Man Utd, Various league titles and probably every domestic trophy there is. Oh, and he's in the top all time Premiership goal scorers. Nah I don't think he knows what it is like to be part of a winning side either.

:D

is he still the black "flash" of old though; or even the black " bit of a blur "

:D

is he still the black "flash" of old though; or even the black " bit of a blur "

:dunno:

I have no idea, I haven't seen him play really for a while. I guess Bruce wouldn't have taken him no reason.

I was really just replying to dannyboy's stupid post. lol

Andy Cole is quality, however he is 35, 36 in October, so his legs are not going to be what they were. He only played 5 times for Birmingham due to injury. He is reported to be on £30,000 a week and does not want to take a drop in wages.

So - sorry why did we want him? Because once he was a great footballer or because he is now old, injury prone and overpaid.

I think we could be looking for younger talent.

Andy Cole is quality, however he is 35, 36 in October, so his legs are not going to be what they were. He only played 5 times for Birmingham due to injury. He is reported to be on £30,000 a week and does not want to take a drop in wages.

So - sorry why did we want him? Because once he was a great footballer or because he is now old, injury prone and overpaid.

I think we could be looking for younger talent.

Andy Cole would be a good signing. Yes, he would.

For those in disbelief, strikers are like bike riders. Yes, they are.

Truth of the matter is, that if that guy gets the ball around the six yard area, he knows what to do. Period. Yes, he does.

He may of lost ten yards of pace but he could still score 15+ goals this season just playing the last half hour of each game. Yes, he could.

Will I jump on the I hate old Cole Bandwagon? No, I won't.

He's 7 years older than Cort but he's played more than Cort in the last 5 years.

Not a bad goal scoring record ratio either.

N.

Yes which is why I would take Andy Cole... He is the player who is used to winning that I was referring to

God... :frusty:

Would much, much, much rather have had Fowler.

Never rated Cole, he always needed five chances before he could get one on target but did manage to get into good positions. Think he'd struggle in our team without real (Champions League or top premiership) quality creative players around him.

I'd like to see him hear, just on a one year contract though to see how things worked out. Like another poster said, he looked quality at Birmingham last year and will be an good player to have in this individual. If you watch him closely he's not just a goal scorer, he sets up a lot of moves and encourages good attacking play with his intelligent distribution of the ball.

It says in the Leicester Mercury that the lastest city name to be mentioned as a possible signing is Andy Cole of Portsmouth.

It also said in the Leicester Mercury that 3 more players are on the way.

Who could these be?

one of these players is Darius Henderson from Watford. How do i know this? I have been speaking to his dad today and as long as they can sort the money out he will be a City player by the middle of next week.

Archived