Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC2007

Andy Cole

i dont remember using any yardstick all i did say was in my opinion fryatt was the best finisher at the club don't expect everyone to agree with me.

doesnt mean he'd be my automatic first choice striker just think he is the best finisher at the club.

hume works his socks off and is a very good player but dont think he is as clinical a finisher as fryatt is all.

im sorry that ive offended u with my opinion but im entitled to it and im going to use it.

back to topic now

and henderson has just turned down preston.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ut+on+Henderson

A.Cole would be good, but what city needs is a target man. Not a cart horse, but someone who can play football as well as hold up play and get onto crosses with their head, at present we only have Cort and donkey to to that and they r not good enough. I would love to see Rasiak from Southampton for example.

mead

i agree Rasiak would be good. i would'nt mind him or Phillips.

The last thing we need is a new arrival up front to be injury prone but it may be worth the risk, especially because of the experience he would be able to pass on to some f our younger forwards. The movement and timing of his runs are amongst the best I have seen.

Injury prone forward...remind you of anyone?? Yep Carl Cort! I'm guessing he'll only be able to play in a handful of games this year so someone like Andy Cole would be useful. And a big no to Darius Henderson, he's utter shite.

Why do we need hume, campbell, fryatt, cort, de vries and andy cole! i know we are trying to build a squad but 6 strikers is a bit excessive! we should be concentrating on bringing quality players into the left side of defence and midfield...

Andy Cole is surprisingly mobile for someone of his age. He obviously looks after himself because last season when he came on for Pompey he looked a right livewire. The problem with him is he went to Brum and got injured quite early for them. The last thing we need is a new arrival up front to be injury prone but it may be worth the risk, especially because of the experience he would be able to pass on to some f our younger forwards. The movement and timing of his runs are amongst the best I have seen.

I agree, He was superb against us last season, and his movement was premiership-class. However having been injured for the majority of last season, and getting on in years, I don't think it would be a wise choice to sign him. For me the cons (age, injury, wages(!)) outweigh the pros (obvious talent, good goalscoring record).

Why do we need hume, campbell, fryatt, cort, de vries and andy cole! i know we are trying to build a squad but 6 strikers is a bit excessive! we should be concentrating on bringing quality players into the left side of defence and midfield...

De Vries is still transfer listed and MA is willing to listen to offers for fryatt so i dont think that its out of the question to buy another striker.

To be honest, I can't see Andy Cole playing 30+ games a season in a league that's so much more physical than the Premiership. Yes, he'd be perfect as an impact player, coming in in the last 10-15 minutes of games, but does that really warrant the £30,000 or so a week that we'll be paying him? We also have to bear in mind that he's nearing the end of his career, and has no personal love / affiliation with Leicester (either the team or the place), and will most probably be only interested in stuffing his wallet full of cash rather than playing for passion.

It seems to me that in Cole we'll be paying tonnes for a name and not the talent.

I'd much rather prefer Izale :blink:

milan said he's guna bulk up on defence and midfield, i think izale will be the last striker we buy this window, anyway were fine for strikers now Hume,Fryatt,Cort,DJ Campbell,Odhiambo(coming up), we don't need Cole, y are we tryin 2 have birmingham's last season team anyway?

milan said he's guna bulk up on defence and midfield, i think izale will be the last striker we buy this window, anyway were fine for strikers now Hume,Fryatt,Cort,DJ Campbell,Odhiambo(coming up), we don't need Cole, y are we tryin 2 have birmingham's last season team anyway?

I don't see the problem with that. They did get promoted afterall.

I don't see the problem with that. They did get promoted afterall.

because people know their tactics, and if were getting half there team were probably play the same style and tactics's than brum. i wuz just finkin y do we hav 2 copy other clubs, y not play like we did under martin o,neill ,long balls, headers ,lot of set play, instead ov copyin birmingham

because people know their tactics, and if were getting half there team were probably play the same style and tactics's than brum. i wuz just finkin y do we hav 2 copy other clubs, y not play like we did under martin o,neill ,long balls, headers ,lot of set play, instead ov copyin birmingham

what the **** ru on about we sign 3 players from birmingham, and a portsmouth player (Cole, wednesday) who was at birmingham on loan and apparently Martin Allen is the ugly clone of Steve Bruce? :yawn:

if andy cole signs he will only be useful if he gets good service from the wings or a support player.....hes won't be able to beat players and fire it in from range like back in the day....his speciality has always been poaching around the six yard box and the reason he was so good at man u was of the service he got from the creative midfielders....if we bring in one or two more midfielders who can find him consistently in the box he could be a serious plus for us but otherwise i would give him a miss

what the **** ru on about we sign 3 players from birmingham, and a portsmouth player (Cole, wednesday) who was at birmingham on loan and apparently Martin Allen is the ugly clone of Steve Bruce? :yawn:

Cut the guy some slack..he is a spastic chicken afterall.

I think it's great that he can work a computer let alone type on a keyboard

I agree, He was superb against us last season, and his movement was premiership-class. However having been injured for the majority of last season, and getting on in years, I don't think it would be a wise choice to sign him. For me the cons (age, injury, wages(!)) outweigh the pros (obvious talent, good goalscoring record).

I think that if we can get him on one of these "paid if played" deals he would be worth the risk. At the moment, we have Fryatt who picked up niggling injuries all season and wasnt fully fit, Cort who needs no introduction lol and another forward with a dodgy recent injury history may be a risk too far. One thing about AC though is he always looks like he loves playing football and doing well which is a great asset to have. Robbie Fowler was too busy signing for his former club to warm the bench just to be amongst his favourite club and didnt give a toss about his career. He is more interested in his houses and horses lol

I think that if we can get him on one of these "paid if played" deals he would be worth the risk. At the moment, we have Fryatt who picked up niggling injuries all season and wasnt fully fit, Cort who needs no introduction lol and another forward with a dodgy recent injury history may be a risk too far. One thing about AC though is he always looks like he loves playing football and doing well which is a great asset to have. Robbie Fowler was too busy signing for his former club to warm the bench just to be amongst his favourite club and didnt give a toss about his career. He is more interested in his houses and horses lol

Andy and Izale? Surely not......

Archived