Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC2007

Andy Cole

the lad who misses open goals for fun...
It will be a poor signing if he comes, he works hard but can't score.I'd like to see an offer go in for Kevin Phillips as i don't see where the goals will come from.

As I said I don't know a lot about him.I meant a big lad with a bit of muscle, the sort of role Cort would have if he were ever fit.

If Fryatt is being sold to Watford then Henderson could be part of the deal.

If Fryatt And Henderson is a swap deal surely we should make some money on fryatt 500,00 maybe?

Imo Henderson would be a poor signing

KEEP FRYATT :worship:

If Fryatt And Henderson is a swap deal surely we should make some money on fryatt 500,00 maybe?

Imo Henderson would be a poor signing

KEEP FRYATT :worship:

Agree with the top and bottom bits, not sure about the middle 1.

And who the hell has ever said that?.

Oh, I think you have said something along those lines in the past.

Darius scored quite a few goals when Watford went up, 15-16 odd in the league I think. definatley no Premiership player but he'd be alright as Championship squad player, if the price was right obviously.

And who the hell has ever said that?.

You did.

You rated all our midfielders on 5 criteria. I forget exactly what they were but King came out as the TOP performer at the club (out of ALL of them) in THREE of those FIVE criteria, gaining a mark of 5/5 for passing where the best otherwise was 3/5.

Dispute the minutiae all you like. It would just be interesting to know what YOUR yardstick is when you're so freely criticising others who think that Fryatt is the best finisher at the club!

I look forwards to you completely missing the point and providing a list of honours Andy King has won at schoolboy level, a few senseless analogies and then perhaps a random anecdote from your squash playing past.

You did.

You rated all our midfielders on 5 criteria. I forget exactly what they were but King came out as the TOP performer at the club (out of ALL of them) in THREE of those FIVE criteria, gaining a mark of 5/5 for passing where the best otherwise was 3/5.

Dispute the minutiae all you like. It would just be interesting to know what YOUR yardstick is when you're so freely criticising others who think that Fryatt is the best finisher at the club!

I look forwards to you completely missing the point and providing a list of honours Andy King has won at schoolboy level, a few senseless analogies and then perhaps a random anecdote from your squash playing past.

Don't forget Bill Shankley.

You did.

It is well known that I think Porter is the best passer in the club, Wesolowski probably as good on current form.

The King assessment presumably referred to central midfielders at a time when Wesolowski was injured or not playing especially well.

As for Fryatt - if you want to make a genuinely relevant argument about why he's the best finisher in the club I'm all ears.

For my own part I think Hume is the best finisher in the club just now and has been for a while.

My post had nothing to do with who was the best finisher at the club, it was regarding your 'right' to berate others for using questionable yardsticks when yours are laughable and non-sensical at best.

And to touch on another issue, if Levi Porter is the best passer at this club, we wouldn't be a Championship outfit this season - nor would we deserve to be.

A.Cole would be good, but what city needs is a target man. Not a cart horse, but someone who can play football as well as hold up play and get onto crosses with their head, at present we only have Cort and donkey to to that and they r not good enough. I would love to see Rasiak from Southampton for example.

mead

I'd rather we bought a bag of coal.

It would have more fire in it and would last longer than 90 minutes.

This is a desperation buy. Please Milan, NO!

(This is just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of anybody else)

Andy Cole is surprisingly mobile for someone of his age. He obviously looks after himself because last season when he came on for Pompey he looked a right livewire. The problem with him is he went to Brum and got injured quite early for them. The last thing we need is a new arrival up front to be injury prone but it may be worth the risk, especially because of the experience he would be able to pass on to some f our younger forwards. The movement and timing of his runs are amongst the best I have seen.

Archived