Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Dodds to join Lincoln

Why don't you just rise above it, you seem to manage it whenever someone else has a dig.

I do mostly. It's just that sometimes I have a relapse. All the considerable trouble I've had in my life has come, not from ever starting anything, but for retaliation. I truly wish it were otherwise. Must try harder!

I do mostly. It's just that sometimes I have a relapse.

Right.

So back on topic, what do we think the chances are of Dodds actually getting into the team regularly considering they have Jamie Forrester who will probabley be one of the first names on their team sheet, Stallard who netted fairly regularly, Steve Torpey who they have just signed from S****horpe, I think he's a very good signing for them, and a couple of their own youngsters who have been getting little looks in?

So back on topic, what do we think the chances are of Dodds actually..................

Zzzzzzzzzz.

WAH! Sorry, drifted off there for a moment. What was it we were discussing? Quiche wasn't it? I love quiche with lots of cheese and bacon in.

Right.

So back on topic, what do we think the chances are of Dodds actually getting into the team regularly considering they have Jamie Forrester who will probabley be one of the first names on their team sheet, Stallard who netted fairly regularly, Steve Torpey who they have just signed from S****horpe, I think he's a very good signing for them, and a couple of their own youngsters who have been getting little looks in?

After consierable thought I cannot imagine why Lincoln would wish to sign him for a year without wishing to use him. Furthermore I cannot imagine why Leicester would let him go there if he wasn't going to play.

Martin Allen has made a point of emphasising that, while people may go out on loan, no-one will be going anywhere they won't be "looked after properly".

I don't know the players you've mentioned and have no reason to believe they are not decent players. But I don't think half a dozen strikers is too many for an ambitious club to have for a season of close to 50 games potentially.

I'm an interested as anyone to see how a fit dodds copes with League football but believe he'll make an inportant contribution whatever competition he faces.

If he makes 30-odd appearances in his first full League season and Lincoln go up I would imagine everyone (except a few on here) will be satisfied.

I live 15 minutes from Sincil Bank.

I have a hefty number of friends who support Lincoln City, and I work with a fair few people who do as well.

I promise I will give an honest appraisal of how Dodds has played from the matches I intend to go and watch him in, and the views of my Lincoln supporting friends.

Couple this with our resident Lincoln fan on here and hopefully I'll be free from teh torment of reading a new Louis Dodds argument every day.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

WAH! Sorry, drifted off there for a moment. What was it we were discussing? Quiche wasn't it? I love quiche with lots of cheese and bacon in.

There is seriously Bugger all else to talk about, unless you want to add your opinions to the fantastic "If Lesta dunt go up this season Wez never going up" thread, or discuss a so called "Glamour" friendly against the mighty Portsmouth FC which tbh of couldn't give less of a shit about.

After consierable thought I cannot imagine why Lincoln would wish to sign him for a year without wishing to use him. Furthermore I cannot imagine why Leicester would let him go there if he wasn't going to play.

Martin Allen has made a point of emphasising that, while people may go out on loan, no-one will be going anywhere they won't be "looked after properly".

I don't know the players you've mentioned and have no reason to believe they are not decent players. But I don't think half a dozen strikers is too many for an ambitious club to have for a season of close to 50 games potentially.

I'm an interested as anyone to see how a fit dodds copes with League football but believe he'll make an inportant contribution whatever competition he faces.

If he makes 30-odd appearances in his first full League season and Lincoln go up I would imagine everyone (except a few on here) will be satisfied.

I'm quite sure you'll be satisfied, Louis probabley will be as well, however if he's going to get himself another contract here and satisfy the management and actually get the to consider him as a option in the first team, then I'm afraid he's going to have to pull up some trees.

He'll need to average a goal atleast every 2.5 - 3 games to make us want to keep him next season.

If he get's 20 goals next season then i'm pretty sure he'll have lived up to the hype. I don't see him getting any more than 10 though. But we'll see. I hope he does well, i'm still of the opinion he'd make a better attacking midfielder.

There is seriously Bugger all else to talk about, unless you want to add your opinions to the fantastic "If Lesta dunt go up this season Wez never going up" thread, or discuss a so called "Glamour" friendly against the mighty Portsmouth FC which tbh of couldn't give less of a shit about.

I'm quite sure you'll be satisfied, Louis probabley will be as well, however if he's going to get himself another contract here and satisfy the management and actually get the to consider him as a option in the first team, then I'm afraid he's going to have to pull up some trees.

I know nothing first hand but I'm not sure he'll want a contract here.

The one he recently signed came as a shock - and he was in two minds about signing it - cos I think he was genuinely baffled and upset that he didn't get his chance while he was here.

Kelly told him that he was "going with experience" as the only excuse for his being left out of City's team at one stage last season and the matter, I believe, left Dodds disillusioned.

Dodds, I am quite sure, would love to play for Leicester but more than anything he wants to play League football. If his spell at Lincoln proves a success and if the club gets promoted I am by no means sure he will want to return into a situation where he'll be overlooked some more and without any good reason.

He didn't get a game this close season - partly because of injury - but there was no indication that he would ever have got much a lot of chance - despite our forward lines including the likes of Hammond, DeVries, Carl Cort and others.

It's only opinion but if Lincoln treat him well and Dodds gets some appreciation I could well see him staying.

To me it is significant that Dodds took an early chance to go on loan but Sheehan wanted to stay and challenge for a first team place. One thought he had a chance the other may well have thought he was wasting his time.

http://norfox.net/n070804.htm

I think the above says it all. I don't know what MA could have watched to let him draw his conclusion - Dodds only ever scored goals during his time in Leicester's Reserves and Academy sides and never once wore a first team shirt to either impress or otherwise.

If Leicester, as I expected, has signed some terrific strikers, I have understood the loan-out decision. But I still haven't seen a genuine second striker in a Leicester shirt all pre-season. No I don't think Dodds should have been first choice but he would have been a better bet on the bench than some I've mentioned - and at least one I haven't.

Anyway, none of it matters - just how the guy does now at Lincoln.

Right.

Well on wednesday night he played in midfield,with forrester n stallard upfront. I think he'll get games n we will get him,forrester,stallard,torpey n Ben Wright who we are set to sign,lots of chances.

He'll need to average a goal atleast every 2.5 - 3 games to make us want to keep him next season.

If he get's 20 goals next season then i'm pretty sure he'll have lived up to the hype. I don't see him getting any more than 10 though. But we'll see. I hope he does well, i'm still of the opinion he'd make a better attacking midfielder.

He won't get 20 goals playing in attacking midfield but he's perfectly capable in that position and it was where he played agaisnt S****horpe according to the Lincoln lad.

Given that and our extraordinary shortcomings in that department last season - and this - it makes me even more baffled about his sidelining at Leicester.

He won't get 20 goals playing in attacking midfield but he's perfectly capable in that position and it was where he played agaisnt S****horpe according to the Lincoln lad.

Given that and our extraordinary shortcomings in that department last season - and this - it makes me even more baffled about his sidelining at Leicester.

He's un-tried really in attacking midfield and I can't see there being that many opportunities that Allen would be willing to try Dodds behind the strikers. So, although I agree with you, I doubt our manager is that eager to convert a decent academy striker in to a midfielder even if we both believe he has the attributes to play there.

Archived