Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest lcfc80

worst ground.....

I remember Burnden Park was dire (old Bolton ground).

Was at the game when McGhee was in charge..pissed it down all night,no roof,shit game and they had a shop in the corner :dunno:

Toss us between Luton and Rotherham, Luton probably just edges it though. The concept of legroom does not exist there.

Most people stand at luton...apart from us...thats why its a fans favourite.

Most peoples worst grounds are my favourite's.

Worst - derby, coventry, hull, and all the rest of the lego stadiums with no atmosphere & nazi stewards.

Best - luton, colchester, cardiff, southend - and any other stadiums still with an ounce of character, and the ability to stand up and create a good atmospheres.

Apologies I'm 32 years old.

C*vntry.

Crap Ground. Crap Parking. Had to treck half an hour to the ground. EVEN WORSE atmosphere. Pretty shocking game.

Expensive drinks.

And a CRAP nightlife to follow

:rolleyes:

I don't like the bit of ground outside Zanzibar at around 2am, in particular I dislike the shade of grey of the tarmac. Also, If we were to bomb this peice of ground at the time indicated on a saturday or sunday morning the entire population of Leicester scum would be eradicated

Rotherham - I have seen bigger subbuteo stadiums. Full of chavs who's dream is to live in Sheffield, also served by the ever popular South Yorks police.

Oxford Manor Ground - remember those 10 foot high fences? Hillsboro anyone?

Millwall old den - terrace taken up by a floodlight, ground full of phil mitchells with rottweiler scars ready to rip your liver out, the only time I was even handed literature telling me to hide my colours and secure my car without showing car stickers etc...

Cov Ricoh - poxy, parking restrictions now EXTENDED for this season, yes that mile parking boundary is now another half mile! depressing shi thole populated by covscum still living in 1987.

Palace - wooden seats, wooden fans, bas tard to get to....nearest station Thornton Heath...and its still a mile walk...should flatten it and extend the sainsburies supermarket next door, anyone remember the crush getting out after the wimbledon league cup semi - when the old bill decided to park their vans on the kerb all the way along the street leaving us about 5 yards of room for 8000 fans?

Everton - wooden seats, poor view, one song "everton" fans, streets riddled with dog poo and loads of "mind yer car mister?" kids outside just ready to rob you in broad daylight.

Bolton - Burnden Park - half the away end was a supermarket.

I don't get this thing about Palace being a bastard to get to, went there for the first time last season and it was fairly straightforward I thought. Certainly not a lot worse than the walk from Leicester station to our ground. What's the beef? Of course it's difficult to drive to but you're an idiot if you drive to London.

At least there are roofs on the away ends at Colchester and Luton!

Brighton's away end is pretty shocking (open-air, miles away from the pitch) but as it's a temporary ground it doesn't really count.

So I'd have to go for Portsmouth, especially as they charge £30 to sit on open-air benches in wind and rain.

Wonder which genius came up with THAT idea? :rolleyes:

You get a roof now ! :rolleyes: and proper seats (well sort of)

Most people stand at luton...apart from us...thats why its a fans favourite.

Most peoples worst grounds are my favourite's.

Worst - derby, coventry, hull, and all the rest of the lego stadiums with no atmosphere & nazi stewards.

Best - luton, colchester, cardiff, southend - and any other stadiums still with an ounce of character, and the ability to stand up and create a good atmospheres.

Apologies I'm 32 years old.

I'm 17 but totally agree! :thumbup:

Luton's ground was shocking 30 years ago and time marching on as well as next to no refurbishments has done little to help it.

Particular major issues that I recall were difficulty seeing around grandstand support structures, balls constanlty going out of the ground and disgraceful sanitary facilities.

Just driving past the place makes you heave and your toes curl. :thumbdown:

Baffled by the number of suggestions for Palace, get the train to Selhurst and it's pretty easy.....the ground isn't awful either.

Someone also suggested Loftus road, I think that's a decent place to go as an away fan. Gillingham has to be up there with the worst though, shit ground in the middle of nowhere.

Guest lcfc80
Baffled by the number of suggestions for Palace, get the train to Selhurst and it's pretty easy.....the ground isn't awful either.

Someone also suggested Loftus road, I think that's a decent place to go as an away fan. Gillingham has to be up there with the worst though, shit ground in the middle of nowhere.

i must admit sitting on that open terrace at gillingham in the rain was crap, at least if you are standing you can keep abit drier

How do these clubs still get away with having such crap grounds?

I thought they changed the standards years ago and all clubs were obliged to meet them?

I like the old rubbish, poor grounds.

It's always an experiance, not always good, but an experiance.

National Hockey Stadium :whistle:

Yeah, that was a crap stadium, but in fairness it was a temporary home and not purpose built for football. Having said that, it was a tidy, comfortable ground with reasonable facilities. It just completely lacked any atmosphere and was really exposed to the wind due to the big gaps between the stands.

But hey, check this baby out...

0,,10420~3322374,00.jpg

Coventry's Ricoh and the City of Manchester the worst for atmosphere out of the grounds I've visited.

What's your criteria for poor atmosphere outside the ground?

Brighton, anybody?

When you say Brighton do you mean their small atheltics track stadium - i liked that one, it was cute - free bus ride to the ground, selling their merchandise out of a van, a pub that was attached to the main stand along with a tennis court, surrounded by trees, and even a squirrel popped up and ran onto the pitch during the game!

Yeah, that was a crap stadium, but in fairness it was a temporary home and not purpose built for football. Having said that, it was a tidy, comfortable ground with reasonable facilities. It just completely lacked any atmosphere and was really exposed to the wind due to the big gaps between the stands.

But hey, check this baby out...

0,,10420~3322374,00.jpg

What's your criteria for poor atmosphere outside the ground?

The red dot looks ridiculous. lol

Here's one I haven't seen said - Old Trafford?

Did anyone go to the away league cup game - made to sit at the top of the stand miles away from the footy, made to sit apart from each other until half time, it was cold, it's in Manchester which means using the M6 and it's full of Manchester Utd fans - that make for a crap atmosphere.

Archived