Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest lcfc80

worst ground.....

pitch.jpg

That looks a nice stadium (and pitch), suitable for a club like S****horpe. However I haven't been and looking outside of the stadium, the town does look like a shithole.

I've been too Scunny before. It's not really that great once you get inside. :unsure:

I've been too Scunny before. It's not really that great once you get inside. :unsure:

Maybe but the outside of Glanford Park looks a whole lot better than this dump.

hillsborough2.jpg

The outside of it anyway.

Though the inside will probably be better than Scunnys stadium.

Then again, I suppose this is a better example of a dump.

cardiff_ninian1.jpg

pitch.jpg

That looks a nice stadium (and pitch), suitable for a club like S****horpe. However I haven't been and looking outside of the stadium, the town does look like a shithole.

It's basically a corrugated tin shed but on a larger scale.

I genuinely like most of the grounds mentioned so far. The worst one I've been to is Huddersfield - 5,000 crowd in a 22,000 capacity ground at a guess. Miles from the pitch and no atmosphere. Rubbish.

It depends if people are talking about structurally or atmosphere-wise.

I, as a buddy young architect, was merely referring to the structure of Glanford Park.

The atmosphere was lovely, but that may've been because I was watching the second leg of Lincoln's play-off semi-final of 2003 against their bitter rivals after winning the first leg 5-3.

Now Huddersfield is, structurally, lovely stuff.

Fratton Park, Portsmouth.

Crap ground and a fair share of oxygen thieves.

No roof at the away end FFS!

You should have been at Ayresome Park!,the Cambridge United Abbey Stadium away end was terrible as well until they built a stand.Notts County also had an open away end,remember getting absolutely soaked there while watching some cup game years ago but these days you would be hard pressed to find a ground harder on the eyes than Partick Thistle's!

You should have been at Ayresome Park!,the Cambridge United Abbey Stadium away end was terrible as well until they built a stand.Notts County also had an open away end,remember getting absolutely soaked there while watching some cup game years ago but these days you would be hard pressed to find a ground harder on the eyes than Partick Thistle's!

Really got me going now...did anyone ever visit Northampton Town's old ground? They shared it with the cricket club so it only had 3 sides and the pitch was used as a car park in the summer.To make matters worse the old wooden main stand was condemed after the Bradford fire disaster so they could only really use the terracing (all standing) behind each goal!

At least there are roofs on the away ends at Colchester and Luton!

Brighton's away end is pretty shocking (open-air, miles away from the pitch) but as it's a temporary ground it doesn't really count.

So I'd have to go for Portsmouth, especially as they charge £30 to sit on open-air benches in wind and rain.

Wonder which genius came up with THAT idea? :rolleyes:

Archived