Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

I can't believe we're letting him go to be honest.

Kaebi hasn't played a single pre season game yet, which leaves Newton as the only option out wide right. It's only going to mean we end up playing the likes of Weso out of position which doesn't work, simple as that.

This has been the case before with certain players, I've rated them no end but none of our past 3 managers have took the chance with him. But I firmly believe on this one Max is has the potential to be a class act, and right now, he's more than good enough to provide back up for Newton.

Which is why MA probably feels he needs to steel himself up with a good run of games rather than waste away in a bit-part role. It should have (loan) already happened last season in my opinion, although the academy win should have bred confidence to make him a winner.

Just had a scout about on a Bournemouth message board and they were all very impressed with Gradel against Brizzle City last Saturday. None of them knew who he was, but now it's been confirmed as Gradel.

Let's hope he goes there and tears it up for 4-5 months and then comes back here in January to push for a first team place.

We'll see. :whistle:

Seems to me we've sent a goalscoring/goalmaking young winger to Bournemouth and kept a perfectly ordinary journeyman for our first team.

When Ferguson does things like that it's because he's got Ronaldo and Giggs in the team just now.

Seems to me we've sent a goalscoring/goalmaking young winger to Bournemouth and kept a perfectly ordinary journeyman for our first team.

When Ferguson does things like that it's because he's got Ronaldo and Giggs in the team just now.

Too harsh on Newton. He's always been involved in very good teams at this level. Gradel has done nothing yet and he will do well to have the same career as Newton.

If you have a look at the original thread when we signed Newton, I thought it was a shame because it was inevitable it would mean Gradel would be either in the reserves or out on loan. The bottom line is, even without Newton's arrival, that Gradel needs experience at league level so if Ka'abi proves to be a revelation then I would prefer Gradel getting a season of League One football than sitting on our bench every week.

Let's hope someone gets him on loan and he impresses there, comes back and becomes a star for us.

Too harsh on Newton. He's always been involved in very good teams at this level. Gradel has done nothing yet and he will do well to have the same career as Newton.

If you have a look at the original thread when we signed Newton, I thought it was a shame because it was inevitable it would mean Gradel would be either in the reserves or out on loan. The bottom line is, even without Newton's arrival, that Gradel needs experience at league level so if Ka'abi proves to be a revelation then I would prefer Gradel getting a season of League One football than sitting on our bench every week.

Let's hope someone gets him on loan and he impresses there, comes back and becomes a star for us.

Newton's best seems well in the past. He's still quick in short bursts, still picks out a good pass and is a steady contributer but I'll be happily surprised if he can hit the targets I've mentioned at this stage of his career.

Agreed.

Which is why MA probably feels he needs to steel himself up with a good run of games rather than waste away in a bit-part role. It should have (loan) already happened last season in my opinion, although the academy win should have bred confidence to make him a winner.

Max won't ever steel himself up. It's like expecting Bruno N'Gotty to take up ballet...

Why don't we ever expect the Kishishev's and Kenton's to go away on loan to get skillful. Come back lads when you can score 15 goals a season, dribble at speed, pass immaculately and juggle the ball like a circus artist.

Youngsters have to survive, yes, but people like Davie Gibson, George Eastham, Juninho were never steely.

Gradel is what he is - you take him or leave him. He'll ask questions, score goals, make goals but he'll never go down the mines. However long he stays at Bournemouth.

His loan is just a convenience.

The -1 can go back in a month's time if Nielsen has proved the decision right.

I don't think thats the point. In my opinion, anyone is better than Logan. Logans only hope is to get better from a Loan spell. Seems that MA has seen my point about logan :D

I don't think thats the point. In my opinion, anyone is better than Logan. Logans only hope is to get better from a Loan spell. Seems that MA has seen my point about logan :D

You're not Douglas trying to sneak back in are you?

I don't know about "anyone" being better than Logan but Henderson and Nielson haven't looked it so far.

Goalkeeping situation = very fuking worrying I'm afraid.

Agreed. In my opinion we should bank on henderson, on his day he is quality, thats the thing though, on his day. I think we could just about get away with hendo between the sticks.

Agreed. In my opinion we should bank on henderson, on his day he is quality, thats the thing though, on his day. I think we could just about get away with hendo between the sticks.

Somehow I don't think Manwell will appreciate the 'Agreed' statement followed by a recommendation to play Henderson. But I admire your resolve to push Henderson's name to the front at every opportunity. :)

Take away Villa at home, when has Paul Henderson even been "quality"

I can't comment on Neilsen as haven't seen him yet.

But neither Hendo, Logan nor Douglas is good enough for a promotion chasing team, in my opinion.

All have some very obvious weaknesses.

Worryingly, both Logan and Douglas could be in MUCH better physical shape.

All three are awful (and I don't use that term lightly) absolutely awful at decision making. The only decisive one amongst them is Douglas, but it's a single minded decisiveness to do the most dangerous option available to him, usually resulting in a penalty being conceded.

There isn't even a good kicker between them.

Logan is probably the best on crosses of the three, just about. But it's hardly a saving grace as he appears to clumsy and 'big' at times to reach the corners in terms of shot stopping.

The problem with having average keepers on fairly long contracts is that they are not easy to get rid of and it is difficult to attract other GKs to sign as they see we already have 3 or 4 we don't like and they don't want to go the same way!

Logan going on loan = fair enough, will do him good... he could make a fine goalkeeper if he works on losing some weight and works hard at his game.

Hendo potential first choice for season - Oh dear.

I wish I had the time, software and video footage to show every single goal we let un last season, and highlight wear Henderson should of been standing when the ball leaves the strikers foot. I'm amazed theres anyone left defending him he proved on Saturday how guff he is the third goals a disgrace.

no coverntry were absolutly awful, so bad in fact horsfield looked decent

Correct. But you were all singing hendos praises on the day :unsure: Pulled out 3 amazing saves. why do you now say " oh he only got a clean sheet against coventry " I'll have you know he pretty much won us that game :thumbup:

I wish I had the time, software and video footage to show every single goal we let un last season, and highlight wear Henderson should of been standing when the ball leaves the strikers foot. I'm amazed theres anyone left defending him he proved on Saturday how guff he is the third goals a disgrace.

He was made to look good by Douglas' start to the season and a couple of awful performances by Logan (am I allowed to say that?)

Archived