Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

He was made to look good by Douglas' start to the season and a couple of awful performances by Logan (am I allowed to say that?)

Of course you are lol you can say what you want.

Although I wouldn't really call them awfull, poor prehaps, it was Sheffield Wednesday that did it, and as I said at the time, they were all stiniging shots, he had a chance with a couple but he was to big cumberson and his footwork wasn't good enough to get to them, however, Henderson wouldn't of saved them either, he'd probabley be standing 5 yards off his line on the other side of the goal :rolleyes: Mark Nygaard anyone.

Correct. But you were all singing hendos praises on the day :unsure: Pulled out 3 amazing saves. why do you now say " oh he only got a clean sheet against coventry " I'll have you know he pretty much won us that game :thumbup:

Henderson was fooking awful for large chunks of last season, its no coincidence that we had a keeper that flaps at everything and were 1 of the worst at defending set pieces in the league, he is not good enough and I'll say it again, before the Villa game you were all saying how Logan should be 1st choice after you started wanking over Henderson, he's 31 shit and not going to get any better, ffs he wasn't 1st choice at Bradford before we signed him

Of course you are lol you can say what you want.

Although I wouldn't really call them awfull, poor prehaps, it was Sheffield Wednesday that did it, and as I said at the time, they were all stiniging shots, he had a chance with a couple but he was to big cumberson and his footwork wasn't good enough to get to them, however, Henderson wouldn't of saved them either, he'd probabley be standing 5 yards off his line on the other side of the goal :rolleyes: Mark Nygaard anyone.

You've hit the nail on the head with his footwork.

The one thing about Henderson I like is his footwork. His positional awareness is a bit poor at times, but he does move quickly, so often gets away with it.

Logan's problems don't end with him being too big and cumbersone in the dive... he's simply not nimble enough on his feet either.

I'm not convinced that Henderson would have let ALL of those in, Mablo. But we'll agree to disagree... :thumbup:

Correct. But you were all singing hendos praises on the day :unsure: Pulled out 3 amazing saves. why do you now say " oh he only got a clean sheet against coventry " I'll have you know he pretty much won us that game :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure Cov didn't manage three decent efforts on goal that day, they had a little pressure during the second half that was all. He did not win us that game at all.

You've hit the nail on the head with his footwork.

The one thing about Henderson I like is his footwork. His positional awareness is a bit poor at times, but he does move quickly, so often gets away with it.

Logan's problems don't end with him being too big and cumbersone in the dive... he's simply not nimble enough on his feet either.

I'm not convinced that Henderson would have let ALL of those in, Mablo. But we'll agree to disagree... :thumbup:

Exactly my reasoning... Footwork is extremely important, and Logan can't dive for fcuk :unsure:

Exactly my reasoning... Footwork is extremely important, and Logan can't dive for fcuk :unsure:

So? At least he's normally in the right place! Who conceads more from 20+ yards Logan or Henderson?

And if the save he made at the other end was that good don't you think it may have made the highlight real in front of a rather him having a ball headed straight at him. fs.

That didnt show all his saves that game. I may be wrong but i swear he made a great save at the other end? :dunno:

Well they were the highlights? :dunno:

Surely if he made a great save it would of been shown?

I still don't understand how Henderson "won us that game"

So? At least he's normally in the right place! Who conceads more from 20+ yards Logan or Henderson?

And if the save he made at the other end was that good don't you think it may have made the highlight real in front of a rather him having a ball headed straight at him. fs.

a) Logan!

b) Highlight shows are shite... never show the best saves, annoys me greatly, i was looking forward to seeing it back that day, and they didnt show it, i couldnt believe it!

Someone needs to find extended highlights of the Sunderland game, because he was superb that day. Could have lost about 10-nil. One of the worst games I've ever seen.

Can only find clips, but he does actually seem to make a couple of genuine good saves, but then it's not often he does that is it? I can think of more games he seriously let us down in than played well in.

a) Logan!

b) Highlight shows are shite... never show the best saves, annoys me greatly, i was looking forward to seeing it back that day, and they didnt show it, i couldnt believe it!

lol

They show the HIGHLIGHTS of the match. :doh:

If it was that good, they would of showed it, end of.

a) Logan!

A) there arent many keepers that would of saved the shef weds goals.

B) they ALWAYS show the best saves as they are the best saves, it isnt there cus he didnt make 1

a) Logan!

ok so last season your saying Logan conceaded more from 20+ yards than Paul Henderson.

Im in a good mood so Im actually going to give you a chance to retrace that statement before I go on a rant.

Basic Problems with our keepers.

Nielsen - Bonkers from what i've seen, He's Prone to David Jamesesque runs out of his area.

Henderson - Can't kick and flaps at alot of crosses.

Logan - Too fat and can't reach the corners, Lacks the Agility to be good enough, E.g he looks good when all shots are shot around medium height but you stick one higher than his neck or in a corner and he's struggling.

Douglas - Calamity.

Unless those four have somehow improved their game in the offseason, we're fooked on this position. Apart from our striking force, this may be the only part of the squad where I can sense serious problems develop this season.

Also, most people on here call it a good move that Logan and Gradel are made available for loan. Thing is, they have to be picked up first before I start celebrating. Right now, there's way too many players at LCFC.

Can you find any clips of leicester v sheff weds at home? lost 4-1... Logan played a howler, just too big to get off the floor.

To big to get of the floor and get to the top corner, where the Sheff Wed screamers went, hardly any keepers would get to those.

Can only find clips, but he does actually seem to make a couple of genuine good saves, but then it's not often he does that is it? I can think of more games he seriously let us down in than played well in.

Every match report I can find says something like "Paul Henderson's heroics were in vain as...". He's let in the odd shocker, but so has Logan. I wouldn't ever say he's really, really badly let us down. His distribution got better as the season wore on (from shockingly bad to just below average) and he's a lot better with penalties.

It's certainly a day to remember...

First there's Mablo close to touting Sheehan for the first team.

Now there's some rational argument from TPH..

What the hell did they put in that canal water?

It's a fascinating debate about the goalkeeper's and TPH's point about Logan's decision making is timely.

Because, while Logan kept a clean sheet again last night and was totally commanding in the penalty box there were two potential problems.

a) His distribution. Times he hoofed the ball miles but straight to their man.

b) There were two decision making instances when he was almost caught out racing to the edge of his area. It was so far away I couldn't make out the precise circumstances but the second one presented Cambridge with a difficult angled open goal chance.

On both occasions Logan did enough to divert play away from goal and the situation was saved. It might have been brilliant goalkeeping as a result of instant reactions. But to me both times he appeared slightly late reacting and lucky to get away with one let alone both.

Otherwise, he looked commanding - and as if he would eat and swallow every cross that came along. There was no doubts he was in charge of the box. And in those ways he has looked stronger altogether this close season. For me definitely the strongest of our options but good enough for what we want? I'm undecided.

Can you find any clips of leicester v sheff weds at home? lost 4-1... Logan played a howler, just too big to get off the floor.

other then that game find 1 where logan cost us a realy stupid goal, cus i'm sure mablo and others would be able to find loads where hendo cost us

Archived