Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Danny Murphy

murphy's favourite squad number is 13,he's had that number at liverpool,charlton and tottenham im sure that numbers already been taken so if he did come here would he have to have a different number or could he swap with the player thats already got number 13 ?

murphy's favourite squad number is 13,he's had that number at liverpool,charlton and tottenham im sure that numbers already been taken so if he did come here would he have to have a different number or could he swap with the player thats already got number 13 ?

Does it matter?

He`d easily be the best buy of the summer for us and arguable within the division. He isnt the fastest player but his passes is International standard IMO and thats what you need from central midfield. He is also quality from set-pieces and we need to add quality here as they are unbelievable important (god knows how many goals we would score from them in the MON days!). It would be a major coup if he came but its probably just lazy journalism as there would be serious doubts over whether Danny Murphy would be prepared to step down a division in the latter stages of his career.

It would be a major coup if he came but its probably just lazy journalism as there would be serious doubts over whether Danny Murphy would be prepared to step down a division in the latter stages of his career.

That is my concern too, I still think he could do a job in the prem for a lower team so I'd be surprised he dropped down.

He was prepared to step dpwn from Liverpool to Charlton, if we show enough desire we could clinch him, even if it's just a loan deal. He needs football and he'd be guaranteed it here

For footballing reasons, joining a club that will be on the up and can arguably be back in the premiership soon would be a good move for the Murphster. However, he is a quality footballer who has made plenty of money so whether he is hungry enough to do what his former team mate Robbie Fowler has done, and step down a division is another matter. I hope he is the type of lad who does do this but I wonder as he has sat on the Spurs bench for ages and has almost become the forgotten man of English football!

He was prepared to step dpwn from Liverpool to Charlton, if we show enough desire we could clinch him, even if it's just a loan deal. He needs football and he'd be guaranteed it here

Good point.

And could be a deciding point as he might not get as many starts at Rangers.

Come on, Danny. You know it makes sense.

My understanding is that the Club are trying hard to make this happen. Whether it does or not is another matter. :whistle:;):thumbup:

The lack of MM press releases to assorted news organisations would indicate they may be trying a bit harder than they did for Rubbish Fowler :thumbup:

Archived