Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Danny Murphy

lol everyone is talking like we've already signed him! It's Danny 'fooking' Murphy!! He ain't going play here! Come on!

...some folks are getting a little ahead of themselves, doubt it'll happen but its just about possible... cant really say any more than that, but hope's a dangerous things and the fact its "just about possible" gives us all hope. :pinch:

...some folks are getting a little ahead of themselves, doubt it'll happen but its just about possible... cant really say any more than that, but hope's a dangerous things and the fact its "just about possible" gives us all hope. :pinch:

if he doesnt want to sign for us i really would prefer him to just come out and say it- no harm in that at all... i just hope he doesnt behave like how money slut behaved..

He wont come here as his favorite shirt number 13 has been taken up by Hossein Kaebi ,so it'll be a negative start for him if he did.

Umm.. if that's the reason then maybe it's best he looks for a club with squad number 13 still available...Let's think... :S Stockport,Exeter..maybe Workington will let him have it? :rolleyes: ffs!

He wont come here as his favorite shirt number 13 has been taken up by Hossein Kaebi ,so it'll be a negative start for him if he did.

Lmao.

Whats a shirt number have to do with joining a club honestly some people these days :rolleyes:

Danny Murphy is not going to get a sniff at Spurs this season, so unless he wants to piss about in the reserves for the next year or so, he's going to have to leave. He's hardly been linked with any Premiership clubs all summer, other than Wigan I think? They have signed several midfielders, so I doubt they'll still be interested in him.

So Murphy might fancy dropping down a level like Beattie has done. I'm sure there would be Premiership suitors for him, but it depends on the circumstances. The longer we leave it though, the less likely we'll get him, as the end of the August transfer window goes crazy with Premeirship teams panic buying and Murphy would get fixed up for some two bit Premiership out fit.

Clinch the deal now. Offer him plenty of cash, we need him.

I just think sticking him out on the wing will do him no good, he is not a left footed player for a start. I'm sure he is sick of being messed around.

got to admit.. the idea of playing him on the left suprised me a bit... is there any of our current squad who would do well playing on the left?

I just think sticking him out on the wing will do him no good, he is not a left footed player for a start. I'm sure he is sick of being messed around.

He wouldn't play out wide anyway, he's play as a narrow left sided midfielder who would cut inside and be supported by an attacking left back like Mattock. There are vasts amounts of teams that do this now, effectively playing with 3 or sometimes 4 central midfielders who can provide width if need be but are more focused driving the team forward and cutting inside.

He wouldn't play out wide anyway, he's play as a narrow left sided midfielder who would cut inside and be supported by an attacking left back like Mattock. There are vasts amounts of teams that do this now, effectively playing with 3 or sometimes 4 central midfielders who can provide width if need be but are more focused driving the team forward and cutting inside.

I heard he was interested in joining city untill he came onto Foxestalk and read how many of us wanted to bone his Mrs................................................especially when he heard I was interested, he fears he can't compete with my good looks and his Mrs's love for the turban kind!!!!!

Danny Murphy is not going to get a sniff at Spurs this season, so unless he wants to piss about in the reserves for the next year or so, he's going to have to leave. He's hardly been linked with any Premiership clubs all summer, other than Wigan I think? They have signed several midfielders, so I doubt they'll still be interested in him.

So Murphy might fancy dropping down a level like Beattie has done. I'm sure there would be Premiership suitors for him, but it depends on the circumstances. The longer we leave it though, the less likely we'll get him, as the end of the August transfer window goes crazy with Premeirship teams panic buying and Murphy would get fixed up for some two bit Premiership out fit.

Clinch the deal now. Offer him plenty of cash, we need him.

I think the mentality of footballers has changed so much in this day and age that many don't care if they play or not at times. We had Ian Walker as a keeper but he signs for Bolton to spend the rest of his career as a substitute. He is the perfect example of some players attitudes shifting from the "old days" of wanting to play every game to many who are now happy at turning up at training, picking up silly money and enjoying the social side that there earnings bring. I'm not saying that is what DM is like as I dont know him but I see far too many players sitting and rotting in these Premiership squads with little hope of playing more than 10 games this season. Ive lost count of the times we are sitting in the pub talking footy and bringing up names of players who we think have retired or quit, only to see them still amongst some big old squad somewhere rotting away!

I think the mentality of footballers has changed so much in this day and age that many don't care if they play or not at times. We had Ian Walker as a keeper but he signs for Bolton to spend the rest of his career as a substitute. He is the perfect example of some players attitudes shifting from the "old days" of wanting to play every game to many who are now happy at turning up at training, picking up silly money and enjoying the social side that there earnings bring. I'm not saying that is what DM is like as I dont know him but I see far too many players sitting and rotting in these Premiership squads with little hope of playing more than 10 games this season. Ive lost count of the times we are sitting in the pub talking footy and bringing up names of players who we think have retired or quit, only to see them still amongst some big old squad somewhere rotting away!

Good Point....money or integrity!!! :dunno:

So Murphy might fancy dropping down a level like Beattie has done. I'm sure there would be Premiership suitors for him, but it depends on the circumstances. The longer we leave it though, the less likely we'll get him, as the end of the August transfer window goes crazy with Premiership teams panic buying and Murphy would get fixed up for some two bit Premiership out fit.

The same logic could be applied to our current unwanted reserves though, couldn't it?

I just can't see him coming here, I really can't.

Can you honestly see the double signing press conference of Heskey and Murphy? Milan proudly presenting his adoring fans with two new centre backs? :unsure:

Good Point....money or integrity!!! :dunno:

As kids most of us loved playing the game and you read about players for the 60s and 70s who loved to play every game and many sides only had small squads. Infact, I think one of the Liverpool sides won the title using only 14 players! This time around we have at least six England International strikers that I can think of that will be fighting for a place in the team. Spurs have got Defoe and Bent fighting with Berbatov and Keane. Big Sam Allardyce is reported as saying that Martins will be fighting Owen to partner Viduka up front this season, god knows where Alan Smith fits in and Nugent joined Pompey and will fight Kanu, Utaka, Benjani and Lua Lua. Arsenal have a so called wonder-kid in Theo Walcott who was deemed good enough to go to the world cup but has been starved of first team action (please go get him on loan MA lol)

I can understand players wanting to play for bigger clubs but the lure of first team football doesn't seem to be as significant because you would imagine the likes of Nugent would have got more games at Sunderland and Defoe elsewhere but he is happy to stay and play half the games for his club.

I hope DM is the exception to the rule and signs for us along with Theo of course lol

The same logic could be applied to our current unwanted reserves though, couldn't it?

Can you honestly see the double signing press conference of Heskey and Murphy? Milan proudly presenting his adoring fans with two new centre backs? :unsure:

Problem is Dagger, no fooker wants any of our reserves. Other than Hughes, hardly any of them have had any clubs sniffing after them.

And Theo Walcott as sweeper.

Problem is Dagger, no fooker wants any of our reserves. Other than Hughes, hardly any of them have had any clubs sniffing after them.

Every player has their level.

Problem is, I imagine Hughes/Elvis/othershi tbags are earning a pretty penny here.

If Murphy wants first team football, he'll move.

If he just wants cash - he'll stay at Spurseseses.

My lad's always saying his staff are resistant to change, but as the mickey-taking runs into another day I remain quite confident of my view that Heskey will make not just a good centre-back, but an outstanding one.

My lad's always saying his staff are resistant to change, but as the mickey-taking runs into another day I remain quite confident of my view that Heskey will make not just a good centre-back, but an outstanding one.

He's quick, strong and good in the air but it's total speculation as to whether he could be coached into being a decent centre-back i.e. defensive positioning and organisation.

He's quick, strong and good in the air but it's total speculation as to whether he could be coached into being a decent centre-back i.e. defensive positioning and organisation.

his biggest criticisms are that he seems too easy to brush off and falls over too easily for a big strong type striker ; surely he would need to work on that too to be a capable defender but its not impossible for him i suppose

I'm not even saying that he wouldn't make a good centre-half as he is outstanding at defending corners when having to lug back to his own peno box and he has strength as well as pace but if you can remember how this conversation first started on another thread, it was you suggesting that is was conceivable that we bought him for a fee that many have though would be around £5m and then play him in defence as he would make the difference!! Whilst I think he would be fantastic at this level as a striker, to even think that we could pay silly money and then try to convert his to an alien position is lunacy.

Archived