Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Leicester City player ratings

Henderson - 5

Chambers - 6

Mattock - 4.5

McAuley - 6

Bruno - 6

Newton - 5

Wesolowski - 5

Clemence - 4.5

Kishishev - 4.5

De Vries - 7

Hume - 7

Hayes - 7

DJ - 6

Stearman - 5

Dissapointing first match. I agree with LD3 though, they wanted the win. They threw there bodies about and blocked everything we smashed at them. They where a poor footballing side but had the determination and heart of a lion on steroids.

fook sake its one game. Yes we were poor, but come on dont go writing them off just yet! You cant turn a shit team into promotion/mid table team over night :frusty: No wonder were so poor if muppets like you just moan and dent their confidence! :@

Although to be fair 'its one game' can quickly turn to 'only 10 games' then 'a long way to go'........

God you guys are being way to kind

Henderson 5.5 Had nothing to do really

Chambers 7 Positive running forward made a couple of decent tackles

N'Gotty 6 Made good tackles but took far to long to take his free kicks

McAuley 7 Won his challenges, later on in the game made forward runs

Mattock 5 Terrible game didnt do anything good really mistake led to the goal

Wesolowski 5.5 Quiet game made a couple of good runs thats about it

Kishishev 5 Lost the ball far to often was firdst man to come off

Clemence 5.5 See Kishishev just that he made a couple of decent passes

Newton 6.5 Was best midfielder good running

De Vries 5.5 Had one good shot that hit the bar couldnt win a header to save his life

Hume 6.5 Had a decent game contested every ball but never really produced the goods

Campbell 6.5 Looked lively almost scored twice but for the keeper

Stearman 6 Didnt shine but did half decent when he was on the ball

Hayes 6.5 looked lively ran at people

Did DeVries not hit the post with a header, make the keeper stretch so save a header and i remember him winning a few flick ons to!

Because, all that people do on this forum is say the players are shit and no tactics! Its a new set up, so get behind the fooking team, no matter what! :@ Go watch man utd or chelsea if u want ultimate football!
Most people want their moneys worth really, which today just wasn't.
Although to be fair 'its one game' can quickly turn to 'only 10 games' then 'a long way to go'........
Plus it was the first game, everyone wanted a good start to this "new era" tripe.

fook sake its one game. Yes we were poor, but come on dont go writing them off just yet! You cant turn a shit team into promotion/mid table team over night :frusty: No wonder were so poor if muppets like you just moan and dent their confidence! :@

What the hell are you on about you idiot,are they all gathered around a screen sobbing into tissues because of what I've said...get a life ffs! :rolleyes:

I do think this is a reality check hopefully for some people - it seemed some were expecting a cricket score today - but Blackpool were into a winning habit last season which can easily carry over so were more dangerous than many gave credit for. They haven't had to many additions, so I'm not suprised by people saying they were more organised.

No doubt our players were a little nervous, what with expectations, a new manager and owner to impress, presure to establish a place in the team etc, and without an early goal to settle got more tense along with the fans.

Sadly lack of cash prevented me going today - which i'm glad of now as a £50 day out to be spoiled by 1-0 defeat is never good. (Like Colchester last season) But i'm not put off going to watch this side yet - not like i was with Kelly's side!

Your the one that needs a life, all you've done is moan about the team! Dont go if it bothers you that mucj :@:frusty:

I do think this is a reality check hopefully for some people - it seemed some were expecting a cricket score today - but Blackpool were into a winning habit last season which can easily carry over so were more dangerous than many gave credit for. They haven't had to many additions, so I'm not suprised by people saying they were more organised. No doubt our players were a little nervous, what with expectations, a new manager and owner to impress, presure to establish a place in the team etc, and without an early goal to settle got more tense along with the fans. Sadly lack of cash prevented me going today - which i'm glad of now as a £50 day out to be spoiled by 1-0 defeat is never good. (Like Colchester last season) But i'm not put off going to watch this side yet - not like i was with Kelly's side!
Well said mate!

Hendo - 6

Chambers - 6

N'Gotty - 7

McAuley - 5 :Very poor start, he recovered a bit after the first twenty minutes or so.

Mattock - 6

Newton - 6

Clemence - 5 :Not sure if it was that he was bad or that we were playing with a very narrow midfield.

Kish - 5 :See Above

Weso - 5 :See Clem

Hume - 6 :Usual bussy self, improved on last season did a lot and worked wel.l

MDV - 6 :As with much of the team started poorly, an improved player but not sure it'll be sufficent.

Subs:

Campbell -6 :Very close to being back to full fitness by the looks of things.

Stearman -6

Hayes -6 :Pleasently surprised... as i wasnt expecting much at all.

We deserved somthing today, but thats not to say some players played bellow what they were capable of and we've gotta get that sorted... all in all a fu*king frustrating game! :frusty: ...but a few positives, I mean it was a lovely afternoon and Sunderland won!... :whistle::dunno:

Because, all that people do on this forum is say the players are shit and no tactics! Its a new set up, so get behind the fooking team, no matter what! :@ Go watch man utd or chelsea if u want ultimate football!

Shut your yap, you mug.

I'd rather fans pointed out the clear faults of players and how we played today, than put up with little mallards who know f'ck all about anything.

judging by some of the replies on here did some of you watch an entirely different game?

we dominated that match, and on another day we would have scored 5, but the woodwork was hit twice and the keeper/defence got so jammy it was unreal!

As for not wanting to win it, we had 21 shots compared to blackpools 3 shots, just cus we like to pass it around rather than play at 200mph some of you think we didn't want it? get real.

despite the loss, i really enjoyed the game, it was exciting, had some quality and some mistakes (gotta laugh at hendo's holding the ball up!!!) and an all round entertaining game.

player ratings...

Henderson - 7.5

Chambers - 8

N'Gotty - 8.5

McAuley - 8

Mattock - 6.5

Wesolowski - 6.5

Clemence - 6.5

Kishishev - 6.5

Newton - 8

De Vries - 9

Hume - 7.5

Subs

Campbell - 8

Hayes - 8

Stearman - 8

Shut your yap, you mug.

I'd rather fans pointed out the clear faults of players and how we played today, than put up with little mallards who know f'ck all about anything.

Oi, shut up! We have no right to pick out faults and blame people, we don't pay to go see the matches.

Shut your yap, you mug.

How can you say i know nothing coming from you! We deserved something from today, not a win i dont think but at least a draw. We created enough chances, and there keeper played very well in my opinion. they had a game plan and they battled for everything which is something we will have to get use to. They were lucky, and we were unlucky!

How can you say i know nothing coming from you! We deserved something from today, not a win i dont think but at least a draw. We created enough chances, and there keeper played very well in my opinion. they had a game plan and they battled for everything which is something we will have to get use to. They were lucky, and we were unlucky!

He done feck all but flap..

judging by some of the replies on here did some of you watch an entirely different game?

we dominated that match, and on another day we would have scored 5, but the woodwork was hit twice and the keeper/defence got so jammy it was unreal!

As for not wanting to win it, we had 21 shots compared to blackpools 3 shots, just cus we like to pass it around rather than play at 200mph some of you think we didn't want it? get real.

despite the loss, i really enjoyed the game, it was exciting, had some quality and some mistakes (gotta laugh at hendo's holding the ball up!!!) and an all round entertaining game.

player ratings...

Henderson - 7.5

Chambers - 8

N'Gotty - 8.5

McAuley - 8

Mattock - 6.5

Wesolowski - 6.5

Clemence - 6.5

Kishishev - 6.5

Newton - 8

De Vries - 9

Hume - 7.5

Subs

Campbell - 8

Hayes - 8

Stearman - 8

Umm.... we lost 1-0 to a poor team..end of!

Henderson - 7.5

Chambers - 8

N'Gotty - 8.5

McAuley - 8

Mattock - 6.5

Wesolowski - 6.5

Clemence - 7

Kishishev - 6.5

Newton - 7

De Vries - 9

Hume - 8

Subs

Campbell - 8

Hayes - 8

Stearman - 8

Pretty much agree with that bar some minor alterations!

Did DeVries not hit the post with a header, make the keeper stretch so save a header and i remember him winning a few flick ons to!

It was Campbell that hit the post with the header. De Vries was poor in the air, although that's nothing new as we've know about it ever since he arrived.

Henderson 6

Chambers 7

N'Gotty 6.5

McAuley 6

Mattock 4.5

Wesolowski 6 (should never be playin wide right/left)

Kishishev 5

Clemence 6

Newton 5

Hume 6.5

De Vries 6.5

Subs:

Stearman 5

Campbell 6.5

Hayes 6

The midfield looks a real worry already. We have no natural wide players (except Hayes) and Wesolowski should be playing in the centre. Newton just drifts wherever he fancies and we lose all our shape on the wings. The sooner we get some proper wingers the better.

The only players to come out of the game with any credabilty were N'gotty and Chambers. De Vries was unlucky but still should have scored. Hayes looked decent when he came on. The rest were v.dissapointing. In the centre of midfield, where we were supposidly strongest, we were completley outclassed.

Henderson - 6

Chambers - 8

N'gotty - 7

McAuley - 5

Mattock - 5

Weso - 5

Clemence - 5

Kish - 5

Newton - 6

De Vries - 7

Hume - 6

Campbell - 6

Stearman - 6

Hayes - 7

I am still waiting to see this new improved Marc De Vries....He was as bad as usual, not however the worst player though that had to go to Mattock unfortunately.

Hendo - 6

Chambers - 7 I hope his injury is not serious.

Mattock - 5 Looked shaky

N Gotty - 7 thought he may have been our best player

McAuely - 5 We need another centre half

Weso - 5 why play him out of positon?

Newton - 5 why play him out of position?

Kishishev - 5 crap distribution

Clemence - 7 showed some composure on the ball.

De Vries - 5 doesn't win enough headers. doesn't help Hume, and he has to chase flick ons, which isn't his game.

Hume - 6 tried hard

Campbell - 6 should have scored twice.

Hayes - 7 looked bright enough

Stearman - 6

At least people might now understand why I nominated Simon Grayson as first choice for manager. Somehow he got something out of nothing simply by getting his players to do what they could efficiently).

Henderson 6 (apart from his bizarre bit of dribling had little to do)

Chambers 6.5 (Efficient and made some useful drives forward)

N'Gotty 7.5 (Looked in control. Did the simple things. Some excellent blocks.)

McAuley 6 (Also blocked well and had control in the air. But playing two slow centre-backs was iffy at times and may have been a factor with the goal thiough I couldn't be sure))

Mattock 5.75 (Goodish first half but made errors of judgement in the second although Newton left him up two blind alleys)

Clemence 5 (Indifferent. Looked a bit of a Hughes today - plenty of touches but no real outcome.)

Kishishev 6 (a bit sluggish but well involved)

Wesolowski 7.5 (Shocking that he was messed about but still our most effective midfielder by a distance. So unlucky with his blocked shot. Should have scored with a header but was forever in the box - even for free kicks on the far post - trying to make things happen. Covered so much ground in energy sapping sapping conditions and rarely wasted possession.).

Newton 3 (I've said he's not good enough for what we want and it was plain to see. Mattock will get the blame for his bizarre backpass and his slip that eventually led to their goal but it was Newton who left him with no options and who failed to take responsibility by getting the ball into the box early when he had chance.)

DeVries 7.75 (Hit the woodwork with a brilliant volley and led the line so well I cannot believe we failed to score. We had more chances than a Kelly team would create in a month).

Hume 7 (Another to miss his half-chances but he was a constant menace)

Subs:

Hayes 7 (So close to making a goal for Campbell with his first cross. Had far more effect than Newton in a third of the time but is clearly not fit yet).

Campbell 7 (Such a threat and hit the woodwork but strikers are paid to take chances and he should have taken two).

Stearman 6.5 (Helped make a difference like the other subs as Leicester put more into attack and really wrested control)

MoM: Mark DeVries. (So unlucky with his turn and volley).

Allen 4 (Started one man light with the choice of Newton who is not good enough. Didn't choose enough attackers to start so didn't get the high tempo we needed and didn't get the two goals a game we need. I warned all that Mattock was being given too much responsibility too soon and that Sheehan had been more effective pre-season and that was bourne out. I also said no two strikers were enough, that we needed three and that was shown by our uneventful first half and the improvement when DJ arrived. In my view these errors cost us the initiative and the game. Trying to force in form or any other players into unsuitable positions is no answer).

(-1 for the home defeat, -1 for the tactical errors which contributed. +13 overall).

Archived