Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Leicester City player ratings

Hendo 5

Chambers 5

McAuley 6

N'Gotty 6

Mattock 5

Newton 6

Clemence 4

Kishishev 4

Weso 5

Hume 6

De Vries 6

Subs: Campbell 4, Hayes 6, Stearman 4

I just hope it was an unlucky/off day and not the sign of whats to come, because if it is, it's going to be another long season.

Hendo - 5 disaster waiting to happen, wtf was he doing weith that punch and when he decided to play at left back?

Chambers - 7 was doing so well until the injury

N'Gotty - 6 looked assured

McAuley - 6 solid dont think he lost a header

Mattock - 5 looked nervous and a few mistakes that will vanish the more he plays

Newton - 5 didn't seem interested

Kishishev - 6 couple of mistakes nothing major

Clem - 5 seemed very nervous

Weso - 5 please stop playing him on the wing

Hume - 6 hardly got into the game

de Vries - 7 hit the bar twice was unlucky not to score, great overal display

Subs

Campbell - 6 should of had a hat-trik

Stearman - 6 got forward well some decent crosses

Hayes - 6 not really enough time looked lively

Need I remind you as to how Matty Fryatt came back from pre-season last year over weight and not performing well at all.... and yet everyone still insisted that he would come good. Anyone else but Mark De Vries and people would say he played well!

Your not going to change my opinion...he's there as a hoof ball target man and he ain't good enough...keep banging on about how much weight he's lost and how it will all come good...it fecking won't no matter how many smart ar** comments you make!

Your not going to change my opinion...he's there as a hoof ball target man and he ain't good enough...keep banging on about how much weight he's lost and how it will all come good...it fecking won't no matter how many smart ar** comments you make!

when you finally make a comment that makes sense then maybe i will take you seriously...

Henderson - 6 ( bad communication, other than that fairly strong. )

Chambers - 7 ( looked threatening down the wing )

Mattock - 5 ( started well but never gave a final product )

N'Gotty - 6.5 ( not very tight at times but reliable when called upon )

McAuley - 6.5 ( as above )

Wesolowski - 6 ( bad game but patches of class, not enough )

Newton - 6 ( strong and pacey, not very involved )

Kishisev - 6 ( gave away posession too easily, looked quite controlling at times though )

Clemence - 6 ( looked good first half with good touches and one twos, but gave away posession in second half )

Hume - 6.5 ( 110% as always, and good heading down to team-mates, not prollific infront of goal though )

de Vries - 6.5 ( could've had two goals on another day, missed a free header and heading down was poor )

Stearman - 6 ( some promising runs, didnt really get chance to get going )

Campbell - 6.5 ( very nearly scored twice but from the keeper. Looked sharp. )

Hayes - 6.5 ( wasn't afraid to take on his man, looked pacey and final ball looked decent enough )

Overall it was a decent performance and we were extremely unlucky to loose to Blackpool who in my opinion were poor.

nearly don't get goals points or promotion...sorry Thrac!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=31864

Hume went about 9 games without scoring and Campbell hasn't scored since he came here even in the friendlies. strikers need time to adapt to one another's style of play. We were creating chances and having shots. If it were me I'd be a lot harsher sharpening them up in training but, give it time. DeVries was everybit as much a threat as Hume and DJ today - and in general this summer.

Hume went about 9 games without scoring and Campbell hasn't scored since he came here even in the friendlies. strikers need time to adapt to one another's style of play. We were creating chances and having shots. If it were me I'd be a lot harsher sharpening them up in training but, give it time. DeVries was everybit as much a threat as Hume and DJ today - and in general this summer.

mdv was more of a threat, they half volley in the 1st half was class

Hendo - 5

Chambers - 6

Mattock - 5 - Panic, hoof

McAuley - 5 - Panic, hoof

Bruno - 6 - Solid

Newton - 6 - Should get forward more

Wesolowski - 5 - Not a left winger

Clemence - 7 - Showed his quality

Kishishev - 5 - Hardly involved

De Vries - 5 - Still hasn't learnt to head a ball

Hume - 7

Hayes - 7 -Looked threatening

DJ - 6 - Made things happen

Stearman - 5

another post i agree with... 2 posts in one day you are doing well today mate lol !!!

We were alright in patches today, but looked like a side thrown together, which isn't suprising because that is exactly what we are. I thought mad dog got it wrong on the start by having Newton on the left and Weso on the right, it meant we were narrow down both sides. When he switched these two we started to have the better of the game. I thought he then made another error by taking off Kischichev and replacing him with DJ Campbell, we were playing a 4-3-3 and one of the midfield 3, Newton, was a winger. The game became very streched and we didn't seem to have much shape. Things improved when he brought on Hayes and we went 3-4-3 to the extent that we deserved at least a draw.

Anyway, the individual players.

Henderson 6 Couldn't have done anything with the goal, no real errors otherwise.

Chambers 7 Looks very comfortable on the ball and committed in defence. I think he'll be a good signing.

N'Gotty 7 Class act

McAuley 4 Errors in defending, heading, communication and laughable in distribution. Still reminds me of Matt Heath. Can't wait for Kisnorbo to be available.

Mattock 5 Very nervous, we need an experienced left back so we can blood Joe slowly.

Newton 5 Always looked better on the right than the left.

Kishichev 5 I'm sure we'll see better performances from him but a lot of passes went astray.

Clemence 5.5 A few impressive moment of class and composure but final ball was generally rubbish, chosing to clip it rather than whip it on several occaisions.

Wesolowki 5 Not a winger.

De Vries 6.5 Unlucky not to have a brace, most of what was good came though him.

Hume 6.5 Again unlucky not to score a couple of goals.

*******SUBS******

Hayes 7 Added really good width down the left and a willingness and ability to beat his man.

DJ 6 He looks direct and goal hungry. Think he'll do alright for us.

Stearman 6 Continued Chambers' good work.

Hendo- 5 (When will he learn to communicate with his defenders?)

Chambers- 7.5 (Brightest spark of the day, solid at the back, lively going forwards)

N'Gotty- 7 (Assured and solid with several timely interceptions)

McAuley- 5 (Weak headers, lack of composure and lumped it long numerous times when in yards of space)

Mattock- 5 (Made one or two mistakes and went downhill from there- I'm sure the idiots on his back in the kop did him no favours)

Newton- 5 (Back to his old frustrating self)

Clemence- 5.5 (Disappointing, clearly under a lot of pressure and showed it)

Kishishev- 5.5 (As above, lost the ball a fair amount but did go after it and tried to win it back)

Wesolowski- 6 (Is not a winger, some good interchanges with Hume towards the end of the first half and our most forward thinking midfielder. Occasionally wasteful in possession though)

De Vries- 7 (If we keep expecting him to win flick ons we're not going to win matches. He held the ball up well, put himself about and was unlucky not to score).

Hume- 6.5 (Lively and interested as always, faded towards the end though.

SUBS:

Hayes- 6.5 (Finally a left winger who will take a man on and beat him, hope he continues in this vein. Heading less than impressive though)

Campbell- 6.5 (Lively, should have had at least one goal. Can see he'll be a handful for defences)

Stearman- 6 (Competent and got involved. Prefer Chambers at right back though)

How many times do we have to go over this...when it comes to players as inconsistent as MDV stats mean sod all....simple fact is if he had converted both his "nearly chances" into goals you would be shouting his name from the rooftops and I would be keeping quiet!...and I will when he starts knocking them in consistantly or at least supplying the ball for chances that result in a goal!....think I'm going to be making some sound for a while! :whistle:

judging by some of the replies on here did some of you watch an entirely different game?

we dominated that match, and on another day we would have scored 5, but the woodwork was hit twice and the keeper/defence got so jammy it was unreal!

As for not wanting to win it, we had 21 shots compared to blackpools 3 shots, just cus we like to pass it around rather than play at 200mph some of you think we didn't want it? get real.

despite the loss, i really enjoyed the game, it was exciting, had some quality and some mistakes (gotta laugh at hendo's holding the ball up!!!) and an all round entertaining game.

You were obviously pissed.

Slagging off Henderson for communication is a bit harsh. He tore a strip out of some of the defenders on a couple of occasions, and when he went for the ball way up the pitch the players nearby stood staring like morons. He was pretty decent, which is all he'll ever be, but which'll probably do, at least for now.

Slagging off Henderson for communication is a bit harsh. He tore a strip out of some of the defenders on a couple of occasions, and when he went for the ball way up the pitch the players nearby stood staring like morons. He was pretty decent, which is all he'll ever be, but which'll probably do, at least for now.

No it isn't. He went straight through Bruno N'gotty to punch a ball in the first half. I was sat in row J and Hendo said jack shit- I could hear Bruno bollocking him about it. He didn't talk to Chambers when Chambers put the ball out of play, not knowing there was time- lack of communication from his keeper again.

That's two instances I remember in the first half, the first of which nearly cost us a goal. The second half was harder to tell cause obviously I wasn't sat right behind him...

Errmmm.........the paid to play football, not talk. What was there to talk about........So James you having a roast dinner tomorrow? Get a grip. :rolleyes:

I didn't think you'd post such an idiotic comment such as this. Of course talking has a lot to do with goalkeeping. It's basic stuff. You need to communicate with your defense to get them organized etc.

Shocking comment.

:thumbup:

Errmmm.........the paid to play football, not talk. What was there to talk about........So James you having a roast dinner tomorrow? Get a grip. :rolleyes:

1 of the key things a goalkeeper does in the game is talk to defences, makes sure they are picking up their man at set pieces etc. not to mention given a loud clear shout to make sure they get out of the way when he is coming for the ball, you comment shows a total lack of knowledge about the skill of goalkeepeing

Hendo - 6 - Didn't have a lot to but did OK, mad dash for that punch but at least he got there.

Chambers - 6.5 - Looked willing to get forward and put a couple of good balls in

Mattock - 5 - A little off the pace - he didn't look nervous but didn't play well. Felt sorry for him that he had no proper left sided player in front which meant he had to constantly ping it down the line.

N'Gotty - 7- Solid, thought one of their players was in after 10 mins or so, and even though he lost the race he made a great tackle to recover - if that was McCarthy it would have been a pen and then probably a red for arguing.

McAuley - 7.5 - Dominant in the air, strong and made some good blocks.

Newton - 6- Drifted in and out, used his pace well at times, but why put him on the left when he has no left foot?

Wesolowski - 6.5 - Played out of position but got involved when he could, tenacious and looked devastated at the end. Should be first choice CM.

Kishishev - 6 - Didn't really notice him, made a few decent tackles and kept the ball.

Clemence - 5 - Disappointed. First game so hopefully its just settling in, but he passed it to them as often as he did us. Didn't really get forward and looked lost at times.

Hume - 6.5- Worked hard but never really looked like scoring today

MDV - 7- Good hold up play, won headers - which I have never seen him do. Couln't believe it was him he has lost so much weight.

Campbell - 5 - Missed some half chances

Stearman - 6- Did ok, might have a start if Chambers is out, hopefully he will grasp his chance.

Hayes - 7- Made most difference of all the subs - first thing he did was beat his man and get a cross in. Looked determined and could have won a penalty.

Hendo - 5.5 Lacked confidence, What was he doing when he came out of his goal? :S

Chambers - 6 I thought he did well until he got injured. Best Right-back we've had in a while.

Mattock - 4.5 Good potential, but maybe a little too early for the young lad.

Mcauley - 5.5 Did ok, strong in the tackle but a few mistakes.

N'Gotty - 7 I thought the big man did OK. His reading of the game was superb.

Weso - 5 Excellent player, not so excellent winger.

Newton - 5.5 Ran a lot, but no end product.

Clemence - 5.5 Not that good, dished out a few nice passes.

Kishishev - 5 Bite to the tackle but wasted possession sometimes.

MDV - 6.5 Did his job well, you can see he is working hard.

Hume - 7 Ran a lot, did OK, in my eyes should have had a penno. No clear cut chances. (Our best player, How many times have we heard that :rolleyes: )

Subs: DJ Campbell - 6 Ran a lot, created chances just couldn't finish them. I think if he had more time he would have scored.

Hayes - 6 Did well, our best option on the left wing after that showing.

Stearman - 5.5 Didn't do much.

Archived