Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Leicester City player ratings

why do i have to explain to you, you sad twat. it doesn't matter who i am or what i do and you know what I'm saying makes sense. Accept it and fook off you gimp!

"actuallyplayedthegame"... be funny if it was Joe Mattock or some other poor sod that's been slagged off :lol: Highly doubt it obviously but I'd laugh.

At least people might now understand why I nominated Simon Grayson as first choice for manager. Somehow he got something out of nothing simply by getting his players to do what they could efficiently).

Henderson 6 (apart from his bizarre bit of dribling had little to do)

Chambers 6.5 (Efficient and made some useful drives forward)

N'Gotty 7.5 (Looked in control. Did the simple things. Some excellent blocks.)

McAuley 6 (Also blocked well and had control in the air. But playing two slow centre-backs was iffy at times and may have been a factor with the goal thiough I couldn't be sure))

Mattock 5.75 (Goodish first half but made errors of judgement in the second although Newton left him up two blind alleys)

Clemence 5 (Indifferent. Looked a bit of a Hughes today - plenty of touches but no real outcome.)

Kishishev 6 (a bit sluggish but well involved)

Wesolowski 7.5 (Shocking that he was messed about but still our most effective midfielder by a distance. So unlucky with his blocked shot. Should have scored with a header but was forever in the box - even for free kicks on the far post - trying to make things happen. Covered so much ground in energy sapping sapping conditions and rearely wasted possession.).

Newton 3 (I've said he's not good enough for what we want and it was plain to see. Mattock will get the blame for his bizarre backpass and his slip that eventually led to their goal but it was Newton who left him with no options and who failed to take responsibility by getting the ball into the box early when he had chance.)

DeVries 7.75 (Hit the woodwork with a brilliant volley and led the line so well I cannot believe we failed to score. We had more chances than a Kelly team would create in a month).

Hume 7 (Another to miss his half-chances but he was a constant menace)

Subs:

Hayes 7 (So close to making a goal for Campbell with his first cross. Had far more effect than Newton in a third of the time but is clearly not fit yet).

Campbell 7 (Such a threat and hit the woodwork but strikers are paid to take chances and he should have taken two).

Stearman 6.5 (Helped make a difference like the other subs as Leicester put more into attack and really wrested control)

MoM: Mark DeVries. (So unlucky with his turn and volley).

Allen 4 (Started one man light with the choice of Newton who is not good enough. Didn't choose enough attackers to start so didn't get the high tempo we needed and didn't get the two goals a game we need. I warned all that Mattock was being given too much responsibility too soon and that Sheehan had been more effective pre-season and that was bourne out. I also said no two strikers were enough, that we needed threee and that was shown by our uneventful first half and the improvement when DJ arrived. In my these errors cost us the initiative and the game. Forcing in form or any other players into unsuitable positions is no answer).

(-1 for the home defeat, -1 for the tactical errors which contributed. +13 overall).

the nicknames things was a catastrophe - but yr match reports are wonderful stuff - keep it up feller.

You are really losing credibility with me...I used to have a lot of respect for your comment's and knowledge but why the hell do you keep bigging up De Vries?...he can't jump he can't turn on the ball and he can't fecking score! :rolleyes:

speaking of devoid of credibility - most people have rated MDV high or top player, your peurile attempt to join in with the thrac-bash is embarrassing: if you'd actually read thracians posts, you'd know that he has been praising and critical of everyone in the squad when he has felt it deserved.

maybe you should spend more time on your own bizarre posts, and get your spelling up to the level of a seven year old, rather than trying to be controversial and a smart-arse...

Henderson 6 Safe hands, doesnt instill confidence with punching

Chambers 7 Looked lively and willing to push forward

NGotty 7 Calm, composed - showed intelligence when faced with quicker forwards

Macauley 6 No nonsense and some good tackiling

Mattock 6 Had a horrid five minutes but recieved no support from senior pros

Wesolowski 6 Okay, hard working without standing out

Clemence 7 Looks quality, but needs more creation alongside

Kishishev 6 Tough tackling, not bad debut

Newton 7 Good performance, good engine

De Vries 8 Pleasantly surprised, never stopped, got better as the game went on

Hume 7 What I expected, will do well again this season

Subs

Campbell 6 Quick, energy levels high but was that two air shots?

Hayes 7 Very impressed, had the beating of barker all day, could be the surprise package of the season

Stearman 6 Steady, and looked better than ive seen before.

Overall I thought the performance was good. Finishing could have been better but on that showing I am very hopeful of a sucessful season - eventually. :cool:

speaking of devoid of credibility - most people have rated MDV high or top player, your peurile attempt to join in with the thrac-bash is embarrassing: if you'd actually read thracians posts, you'd know that he has been praising and critical of everyone in the squad when he has felt it deserved.

maybe you should spend more time on your own bizarre posts, and get your spelling up to the level of a seven year old, rather than trying to be controversial and a smart-arse...

Surely though everyone criticises or praises players when they feel it is deserved. Whether their observations are correct or not doesn't matter.

Thrach encourages (and dare i say it enjoys) the controversy he courts and is well able to stand his corner.

Or maybe actuallylearnsomemanners :rolleyes:

Actually likely to be one of the backroom team and I think the first post made was well said but a tad aggressive. I for one am too old to 'dream' about playing,secondly earn enough in my job as an NHS doctor (which is not 9-5) and thirdly make a real difference to peoples lives.

Having said all that I welcome this guy to the boards with his mask of Zorro.

Makes a change from slagging off the ref!

Hendo - 5.5 Lacked confidence, What was he doing when he came out of his goal? :S

Chambers - 6 I thought he did well until he got injured. Best Right-back we've had in a while.

Mattock - 4.5 Good potential, but maybe a little too early for the young lad.

Mcauley - 5.5 Did ok, strong in the tackle but a few mistakes.

N'Gotty - 7 I thought the big man did OK. His reading of the game was superb.

Weso - 5 Excellent player, not so excellent winger.

Newton - 5.5 Ran a lot, but no end product.

Clemence - 5.5 Not that good, dished out a few nice passes.

Kishishev - 5 Bite to the tackle but wasted possession sometimes.

MDV - 6.5 Did his job well, you can see he is working hard.

Hume - 7 Ran a lot, did OK, in my eyes should have had a penno. No clear cut chances. (Our best player, How many times have we heard that :rolleyes: )

Subs: DJ Campbell - 6 Ran a lot, created chances just couldn't finish them. I think if he had more time he would have scored.

Hayes - 6 Did well, our best option on the left wing after that showing.

Stearman - 5.5 Didn't do much.

Hendo - 5

Chambers 6.5

McAuley 6

NGotty 7

Mattock 5

Weso 5.5

Clemence 6

Kish 5

Weso 5

Newton 5

Hme5

MDV 5

Campbell 6

Hayes 6

Stearman 6

why do i have to explain to you, you sad twat. it doesn't matter who i am or what i do and you know what I'm saying makes sense. Accept it and fook off you gimp!

By looking at the way this guy writes, I`d put money on the illiterate nonce being a footballer. He just forgot to add a few more text talk "words" to complete his nonsense. :D

For the record, if you "are" a player (of course you really aren't but I`ll play along as you are probably just a Blackpool fan nosing in), you would understand that without the fans "you" (see I'm still playing) would be lugging bricks around some building site. I don't agree with quite a bit of the negativity regarding the game on Saturday but that doesn't mean that fans, whether armchair or die-hard, cant have there say amongst fellow fans. I did over 200 miles coming up from London on a day that cost me over £100 before I went out on the lash later in the evening and I like the sods glued to the radio are entitled o say there piece.

Now fook off back up your tower.

By looking at the way this guy writes, I`d put money on the illiterate nonce being a footballer. He just forgot to add a few more text talk "words" to complete his nonsense. :D For the record, if you "are" a player (of course you really aren't but I`ll play along as you are probably just a Blackpool fan nosing in), you would understand that without the fans "you" (see I'm still playing) would be lugging bricks around some building site. I don't agree with quite a bit of the negativity regarding the game on Saturday but that doesn't mean that fans, whether armchair or die-hard, cant have there say amongst fellow fans. I did over 200 miles coming up from London on a day that cost me over £100 before I went out on the lash later in the evening and I like the sods glued to the radio are entitled o say there piece.Now fook off back up your tower.
:D:clap:

Henderson 6 - Didn't have a great deal to do. But there were times when Mattock and Chambers had got in to positions early for him to throw it out to them and he decided to try and work on his crap kicking instead.

Chambers 7 - Very impressed with him. Don't want to go overboard but he looks like he's focused on playing proper football and loves to attack.

McAuley 6.5 - I thought he had a decent game. Calm on the ball, very rarely get's beaten.

N'Gotty 7 - Marshalled the defence well. Had their strikers covered when they got the ball in the danger areas. Will give us the experience we've lacked at the back since Dublin (gulp!!)

Mattock 6 - The first time he doesn't rip it up and he get's ridiculously low ratings. Just like the 9s and 10s he was being given by fans against Birmingham, Preston and Barnsley last season when he played pretty well. :rolleyes:

Thought he looked solid at left back, but wasn't helped by our lack of able wingers and had to try and go it alone at times. His back pass was special, but he had no choice and panicked. Allen needs to sort out some help for our full-backs as teams will close them down and leave us in the shit.

Wesolowski 6 - He can do a job out wide, but he's wasted there. If he's going to play out wide then there's got to be a quality winger on the other side to give us some width, otherwise we'll never stretch teams.

Clemence 6 - Showed touches of class, like that 30 yard chipped through ball out of nowhere in the first half where we should of had a penalty. Think he'll be quality this season, but this won't be a memorable day for him.

Kishishev 6 - Same as Clemence really. Showed his quality at times, but they need to step it up a gear to drive the team on. Would have been more effective with attacking players outside of them.

Newton 5 - Piss poor for the majority of the game. Not going to slate him too much though as he's got ability.......somewhere. If he plays then he must play out right and look for the overlap at times as he can't always beat his man.

de Vries 7 - Hat's off to the big man, looks a different player to seasons previous. What impressed me most was his quick control and turns, he always used to look sluggish and take too long to control and turn, but he looked sharp to me. Unlucky not to score potential goal of the season and his header that hit the post was quality as well. Perhaps should have buried that free header from the corner in the 2nd half, but it's good to see him back and with the desire to do well.

Hume 7 - Looked desperate to try and rescue us, which is good. But only if it's not at the expense f players who are in positions better than Hume is when he shoots. Unlucky not to score a couple of times, their goalie did pull off some remarkable saves. But he's got to become more clever in and around the box more consistently. Always a handful though. Might be tempted to move him out wide if Allen can't bring himself to sign a quality left winger.

Subs:

DJ 6 - Looked fookin quick and sharp on the ball, but his finishing was wild. Missed 3 or 4 chances inside the penalty box and although their goalie was having a blinder, you can't get away with missing that many chances from the distances he missed them from. The chance he created and then missed from 5 yards to the left of the penalty box went from brilliant to ridiculous, but that's what we'll get from him. He'll score us goals, but we need to be prepared to be frustrated I think.

Hayes 6.5 - Was lively and gave us the width and energy we need in the final 25 or so minutes. Not afraid to take players on, could be useful for us. Hope he's not a flash in the pan because he seemed to be able to get a cross in, which is rare in youngsters like we've seen in the past on the left wing (Smith, Welsh, etc)

Stearman 6 - He always looks good when he arrives in to a game that's frenetic and lots of space to run forward. Made some good passes forward for once, instead of hoofing it every time.

Henderson 6 - Didn't have a great deal to do. But there were times when Mattock and Chambers had got in to positions early for him to throw it out to them and he decided to try and work on his crap kicking instead.

Chambers 7 - Very impressed with him. Don't want to go overboard but he looks like he's focused on playing proper football and loves to attack.

McAuley 6.5 - I thought he had a decent game. Calm on the ball, very rarely get's beaten.

N'Gotty 7 - Marshalled the defence well. Had their strikers covered when they got the ball in the danger areas. Will give us the experience we've lacked at the back since Dublin (gulp!!)

Mattock 6 - The first time he doesn't rip it up and he get's ridiculously low ratings. Just like the 9s and 10s he was being given by fans against Birmingham, Preston and Barnsley last season when he played pretty well. :rolleyes:

Thought he looked solid at left back, but wasn't helped by our lack of able wingers and had to try and go it alone at times. His back pass was special, but he had no choice and panicked. Allen needs to sort out some help for our full-backs as teams will close them down and leave us in the shit.

Wesolowski 6 - He can do a job out wide, but he's wasted there. If he's going to play out wide then there's got to be a quality winger on the other side to give us some width, otherwise we'll never stretch teams.

Clemence 6 - Showed touches of class, like that 30 yard chipped through ball out of nowhere in the first half where we should of had a penalty. Think he'll be quality this season, but this won't be a memorable day for him.

Kishishev 6 - Same as Clemence really. Showed his quality at times, but they need to step it up a gear to drive the team on. Would have been more effective with attacking players outside of them.

Newton 5 - Piss poor for the majority of the game. Not going to slate him too much though as he's got ability.......somewhere. If he plays then he must play out right and look for the overlap at times as he can't always beat his man.

de Vries 7 - Hat's off to the big man, looks a different player to seasons previous. What impressed me most was his quick control and turns, he always used to look sluggish and take too long to control and turn, but he looked sharp to me. Unlucky not to score potential goal of the season and his header that hit the post was quality as well. Perhaps should have buried that free header from the corner in the 2nd half, but it's good to see him back and with the desire to do well.

Hume 7 - Looked desperate to try and rescue us, which is good. But only if it's not at the expense f players who are in positions better than Hume is when he shoots. Unlucky not to score a couple of times, their goalie did pull off some remarkable saves. But he's got to become more clever in and around the box more consistently. Always a handful though. Might be tempted to move him out wide if Allen can't bring himself to sign a quality left winger.

Subs:

DJ 6 - Looked fookin quick and sharp on the ball, but his finishing was wild. Missed 3 or 4 chances inside the penalty box and although their goalie was having a blinder, you can't get away with missing that many chances from the distances he missed them from. The chance he created and then missed from 5 yards to the left of the penalty box went from brilliant to ridiculous, but that's what we'll get from him. He'll score us goals, but we need to be prepared to be frustrated I think.

Hayes 6.5 - Was lively and gave us the width and energy we need in the final 25 or so minutes. Not afraid to take players on, could be useful for us. Hope he's not a flash in the pan because he seemed to be able to get a cross in, which is rare in youngsters like we've seen in the past on the left wing (Smith, Welsh, etc)

Stearman 6 - He always looks good when he arrives in to a game that's frenetic and lots of space to run forward. Made some good passes forward for once, instead of hoofing it every time.

A pretty much spot on assessment i would say! People should be more patient with the new players and youngsters!

Hendo 6

Chambers 8 best player, excellent runs up the wing, some solid defending

N gotty 8

Mc auely 7

Mattock 4

Clemence 3 worst player in the game, shit corners, shit tackles, ran the ball off the pitch etc

Weso 6

Kishishev 5

Newton 5

Hayes 8

Stearman 7

De Vries 6

Dj 6

Hume 5

Think ive missed someone somewhere

Archived