Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Poll: Who should start up front?

Who should start up front for Leicester?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Lots of talk about who may be up front what with Dj not scoring saturday, De Vries and now Jimmy. Thought id have a poll.

• Hume and De Vries
    • Hume and Fryatt
    • Hume and Dj
    • Hume and Jimmy
    • De Vries and Fryatt
    • De Vries and Dj
    • De Vries and Jimmy
    • Fryatt and Jimmy
    • Fryatt and Dj
    • Jimmy and Dj

Try to make no more than 2 choices on this one, lots of talk about strikers now Jimmy could be in there too but who should start up front? just a simple fans view of who should be our 1st and 2nd choice strike partners.

Ive left out Cort because im just assuming he won't be fit enough to play regulary but if you think he should play or anyone else like Sappleton and Odihambo voice your opinions here.

Pointless thread seeing we should have three up front.

It is plainly obvious that no two will get us sufficient goals and that there is insufficient goals anywhere else to make up the difference.

Therefore three up front is the logical alternative.

How we achieve it doesn't matter, 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 2-3-5...I really don't care.

Nor do I don't give a shit what the Premiership managers do or what the current fashion is. Our present system with our existing players won't work. It hasn't worked the last two seasons either.

MA should put his psychologists and theorists on one side and back himself because if he's not confident in his own beliefs how the hell can his players be confident?

Like anything else it is all about problem and solution.

The task is to score a miniumum of 80 goals. If any two named strikers will only manage 30 then use three and have 45 and build a side from there.

Be a leader Martin, not a follower.

I'd like to see a version of 4-3-3 at some point.

Seeing Hume play just behind a front two of Fryatt/De Vries and DJ or whoever ends up being our first choice partnership could be very exciting.

Forget about Jimmeh for now, the two I'd go for would be MDV and Campbell.

As I noted in the Jimmeh thread, Hume and MDV are not out and out strikers. Both of them are more creator of chances than scorers. Perhaps if Hume played on the last shoulder of the man more often, he'd be in a positon to score more goals.

As for Campbell you could see he was trying to do that and subsequently got in to good positions. His finishing wasn't great but he had a decent goals to starts ratio last season.

It's been mentioned to death, but Hume should be on the flank, whether that's left or right. Been talking to Cobbo about this and we both agree he could play a McSheffrey role on the left for us, with the exception of not having a left foot. He could cut in on his left and line himself up for shots on goal and continue to do the good stuff he does outside the box in terms of linking the play.

D-D-D-D Matty Fryatt & DJ.

DJ didn't have a full game against Blackpool he needs to start along with Matty because he'l be hungry (for pie & to show Allen what he can do due to extra competition for places)

However I wouldn't be surprised if MA picked MDV again I think he likes him :kissing:

Hume and De Vries. ;)

De Vries has earned his right to be in the team and i think he deserves to play after the effort he has put in over the pre season period and also i thought he was one of our better players on saturday against Blackpool. Hume should play because of his effort and he looks like he wants to play for us and actually win games.

Thracian, can you just explain where you got 80 goals from?

Fez has already posted the stats from last season

Sunderland - 76

Birmingham - 67

Derby - 62

WBA - 81 (Which included 7 on the last day)

Wolves - 59

Southampton - 77 (6 at Wolves)

One team reached 80 last season and it was only due to a freak result. Most of the leagues best strikers moved on (Earnshaw, Chopra, Kamara) but you seem to think that we need a minimum of 80 just get into the play-offs :blink:

Archived