Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

CLIVE CLARKE

FOOTBALL: LEICESTER LOAN FOR CLARKE

BY PAUL DOWLING

CLIVE Clarke last night became the first of the Irish brigade to be farmed out by Sunderland when he joined Leicester City on a three month loan.

And he could be followed by fellow Republic of Ireland international Graham Kavanagh in moving away from the Stadium of Light with Sheffield Wednesday leading the chase.

The pair have failed to feature in Roy Keane's plans so far after being left out of the travelling part for their pre-season tour of Ireland, or their training camp to Portugal.

"I just want to play," revealed 27-year-old Clarke, who hasn't featured in a competitive game for Sunderland in over eight months.

The left back's short term deal until Christmas could pave the way for the Black Cat's to swoop for Ian Harte after his release by Levante yesterday.

With two years left on his contract after moving from West Ham United back in August 2006, the former Stoke City man added: "It's an opportunity to get games under my belt and to get match fit again."

The switch to Leicester comes just a day after the Wicklow native turned down a full-time transfer to Leeds United.

He said: "I didn't want to drop down to League One. I know, at the very least, I'm capable of doing a job in the Championship."

He'll be shite then if me and you both think he's any good!!! :D

Now now a purpously didn't mention the word good, I said better than anything else we have, by that I mean Sheehan and Mattock, thats not my definition of good.

My boss is 30 minutes late this morning what is going on?

If I remember rightly, he's a fairly steady player. I'd be happy to see Kavanagh here as well though. Even if we do have 4 central midfielders already.

Or 3+Radostin Kishishev. Kavanagh would be surely be able to get in our side?

Would be happy with a loan being brought in to cover left back. I will admit to not knowing much about Clive Clarke but we desperately need cover in that area. Didn't play much for Sunderland or West Ham though but looks like he knows what the division is about. Played 12 games for Cov last season so I'm not sure if he will be any better than Nisse. Would like to know what they think he's like.

Played 12 games for Cov last season so I'm not sure if he will be any better than Nisse. Would like to know what they think he's like.

But that means we would have to talk to a Cov fan :(

A left back - woo hoo!!!

Sounds OK, don't know a lot about him but the beauty of a loan deal is that if he doesn't fit, we send him back. It's a no lose deal as far as I can see.

Last night I said these words to my girl,

I know you never even try, girl,

C'mon...

Cheese cheese me, whoa yeah, like I cheese you.

You don't need me to show the way, love.

Why do I always have to say "love,"

C'mon...

I don't wanna sound complainin',

But you know there's always rain in my heart (in my heart).

I do all the pleasin' with you, it's so hard to reason

With you, whoah yeah, why do you make me blue.

Last night I said these words to my girl,

I know you never even try, girl,

C'mon...

Archived