Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

We may play bad football?

Heard a MK Dons fan on 606 yesterday and he said that Mk Dons were awesome against Ipswitch and Paul Ince has got the players to pass the ball and keep it on the ground. He also said it was hoofball poor football at Mk Dons last season under Martin Allen and Ince has changed everything.

Starting to think maybe we should have got Ince as manager as it looks like Allen hasn't changed and we will be playing the same hoofball poor football this season if the Blackpool result is anything to go by. I know everyone says we need a target man up front but can't we for one or two games try playing Hume and Dj up front, so it stops us hoofing it up, and we may keep it on the ground and score. I remember last season against Wolves, the first ever time we kept the ball on the ground, we made about 7 or 8 quick passes all along the floor and Kenton scored after about 25 seconds. If only we could keep it on the floor all the time like that we would be tough to beat.

Did anyone actually see Mk Dons play last season and if so were they any good cos their fan doesn't seem to think so?

I think we should play 2 shorter players up front and keep it on the floor, Hume and Dj.

WHat you think?

I think you should stop making threads.
there was a Mk Dons fan on 606 yesterday and he did say that...i think you should stop criticising other people's threads, and maybe read the thread (if you can) and then post a dignified responseim sure there will be someone on here who would have listened to 606 yesterday and agree with me

Starting to think maybe we should have got Ince as manager as it looks like Allen hasn't changed and we will be playing the same hoofball poor football this season if the Blackpool result is anything to go by.

This is utter rubbish.

there was a Mk Dons fan on 606 yesterday and he did say that...i think you should stop criticising other people's threads, and maybe read the thread (if you can) and then post a dignified responseim sure there will be someone on here who would have listened to 606 yesterday and agree with me

:D

can we do a manager swop ; i'm all for it :thumbup:

didn't hear it, but i certainly don't agree with you:

1. ince has adopted a side that made it to the playoffs and is managing at a level he is used to.

2. allen has adopted a shower of shite and has had to build a team almost from scratch and at a level two leagues above what he has done before.

3. from what i have heard, whilst we aren't playing great, we are certainly playing some passing football

there is no telling what ince would have been capable of, but allen HAS got LCFC creating chances which the previous manager(s) failed to do.

:frusty:

Heard a MK Dons fan on 606 yesterday and he said that Mk Dons were awesome against Ipswitch and Paul Ince has got the players to pass the ball and keep it on the ground. He also said it was hoofball poor football at Mk Dons last season under Martin Allen and Ince has changed everything.

Starting to think maybe we should have got Ince as manager as it looks like Allen hasn't changed and we will be playing the same hoofball poor football this season if the Blackpool result is anything to go by. I know everyone says we need a target man up front but can't we for one or two games try playing Hume and Dj up front, so it stops us hoofing it up, and we may keep it on the ground and score. I remember last season against Wolves, the first ever time we kept the ball on the ground, we made about 7 or 8 quick passes all along the floor and Kenton scored after about 25 seconds. If only we could keep it on the floor all the time like that we would be tough to beat.

Did anyone actually see Mk Dons play last season and if so were they any good cos their fan doesn't seem to think so?

I think we should play 2 shorter players up front and keep it on the floor, Hume and Dj.

WHat you think?

They got over 80 points and goals ans somehow didn't go up.

Yeah they were rubbish.

Ince is so fantastic that Bury managed to beat the Dons at home on Saturday, what a cracking result that is. I think it just a little to early to start making such (stupid) comments.

WHat you think?

You remember wrong.

Yeah they were rubbish.

Ince is so fantastic that Bury managed to beat the Dons at home on Saturday, what a cracking result that is. I think it just a little to early to start making such (stupid) comments.

Stupid comments are a norm these days on Foxestalk...................let them continue!!!

Yeah they were rubbish.

Game, set, match. Can we close this thread now?

I think you should stop making threads.

Actually I'm going to reply to this one...MA said clearly that at MKdons his priority was to get the team to win in any way possible after two straight rock bottom seasons.

Here he has a team with a good core of players which when in form are quality Championship players. Yet for some reason, either because his plan is so or because he is still ignorant of the physical demands of this league, the team is alleged to be some way of match fitness and thus needs an alleged two weeks to get some form.

Point being at this moment conditions dictate that we must force our way through games. I'm sure Allen will adapt as he has already spoken about, a pleasing style of play if we have the means to do so.

Last year Macclesfield/Mansfield? started well but went steadily downwards. Judge Allen vs Ince over a season.

If we're going to compare all the potential managers, Keith Hill is also doing very well. Grayson too.

But come next May, it will be Allen who'll laughing at you and the others like you.

Well from what I've seen we've been pretty sh8te so far... I was hoping prior to the start of the season that we might actually get into the play-offs but to be honest, now, I think a high lower mid-table finish is the ONLY thing we can hope for... :(

Well from what I've seen we've been pretty sh8te so far... I was hoping prior to the start of the season that we might actually get into the play-offs but to be honest, now, I think a high lower mid-table finish is the ONLY thing we can hope for... :(

I'd love to be proven wrong though! :D Absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong...

Archived