Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm concerned

I am concerned, I have a few.

It's just come to me on transit from the gents. We haven't disposed of a player permanently since Patrick McCarthy back in early June and according to Allen, we wanted to keep him!. Yet we have umpteen players who are surplus to requirements and they are still here.

I am also concerned that we appear to have made some horrible signings, possibly Junior Lewis standards (Neilson, Hellings) and we'll have to shell out more money to replace them and possibly pay them off eventually.

We also will have had to negotiate a pay-off to MacKay and Fullilo after sacking/making them redundant. This is money that has been wasted and i'm wondering just how much more Mandaric has readily available to realise his dream of Premiership football.

There will need to be a fair amount kept by to pay off managers that we'll be sacking if things don't go to plan and compensation to clubs for other managers.

I wonder when we'll next be cashing in on one of our players. I'd be so much happier if we could get rid of Hughes, Maybury, Elvis and a few others. It's got to be costing us a fortune in wages for all 30 odd first team players.

I am concerned, I have a few.

It's just come to me on transit from the gents. We haven't disposed of a player permanently since Patrick McCarthy back in early June and according to Allen, we wanted to keep him!. Yet we have umpteen players who are surplus to requirements and they are still here.

I am also concerned that we appear to have made some horrible signings, possibly Junior Lewis standards (Neilson, Hellings) and we'll have to shell out more money to replace them and possibly pay them off eventually.

We also will have had to negotiate a pay-off to MacKay and Fullilo after sacking/making them redundant. This is money that has been wasted and i'm wondering just how much more Mandaric has readily available to realise his dream of Premiership football.

There will need to be a fair amount kept by to pay off managers that we'll be sacking if things don't go to plan and compensation to clubs for other managers.

I wonder when we'll next be cashing in on one of our players. I'd be so much happier if we could get rid of Hughes, Maybury, Elvis and a few others. It's got to be costing us a fortune in wages for all 30 odd first team players.

bloody hell - why worry about stuff like this! are you milan mandaric or the team accountant - what a waste of a walk from the gents! relax and enjoy the crazy spending that we've haven't had since PT... and things have moved on since then.

what we've spent is a drop in the ocean in footballing terms. can't imagine hellings is on much more (if any) than odihambo, and i can't imagine mckay was on players-size wages...

settle down, think of the weekend, cold beer and a convincing win!

bloody hell - why worry about stuff like this! are you milan mandaric or the team accountant - what a waste of a walk from the gents! relax and enjoy the crazy spending that we've haven't had since PT... and things have moved on since then.

what we've spent is a drop in the ocean in footballing terms. can't imagine hellings is on much more (if any) than odihambo, and i can't imagine mckay was on players-size wages...

settle down, think of the weekend, cold beer and a convincing win!

It's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment isn't it, even the weather is shit. Every team has it's shit players, it's alright to feel a little bit 'panicy' because our expectations are high. No wonder MA wanted JFH to take a trial after we offered players like Neilson and Hellings contracts straight up, players which he probably never asked for

i've had the same concerns for a while ; MA has not been selective enough in his dealings and gone for too many fringe players :(

As it stands we might as well be rid of:

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Porter (totally wasted and unappreciated here. won't play much)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Clarke (based on Sunderland views)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

They are not necessarily all players I would get rid of but I see little point in any of the above remaining here in a footballing sense.

The rest, apart from Wesolowski and Hume, I'm undecided on.

All I can see right now is endless shuffling of far too many players because basically so very few are good enough and none are what I'd call exciting, though I haven't seen Ka'ebi.

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

They are not necessarily all players I would get rid of but I see little point in any of the above remaining here in a footballing sense.

All I can see right now is endless shuffling of far too many players because basically so very few are good enough and none are what I'd call exciting, though I haven't seen Ka'ebi.

<_<

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

You simpleton.

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

i still find it amazing you are happy to write off a player who hasnt played a competative game for us..... Do you remember Pegguy Arphexad? He was well famed for not really bothering in training but i thought he played well when playing games. MO even commented on this lathargy in training and how annoyed it made him..

i still find it amazing you are happy to write off a player who hasnt played a competative game for us..... Do you remember Pegguy Arphexad? He was well famed for not really bothering in training but i thought he played well when playing games. NO even commented on this lathargy in training and how annoyed it made him..

I think the loan signing of a GK today pretty much writes Neilson off!!

i still find it amazing you are happy to write off a player who hasnt played a competative game for us..... Do you remember Pegguy Arphexad? He was well famed for not really bothering in training but i thought he played well when playing games. MO even commented on this lathargy in training and how annoyed it made him..

Not to mention the fact Thracian has also written off a player who only came through the doors 24 hours ago, hasn't played a game and who he hasn't seen play purely on the basis of a couple of views from the North East.

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

Hellings, Cort, Stearman, Sheehan, Clarke and Fryatt are all part of the manager's thinking. So is Porter to an extent.

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

Finally, someone with a bit of sense amongst the ‘let’s be patient’ and ‘Give the shitters time’ gang.

I actually entirely agree with what Thracian has posted here. All of the above players listed are garbage. What’s the point to them? They serve no purpose at this football club. Get them off the wage bill will help things for a start.

If we could offload that pile crap it would be step in the right direction.

I don't think Hellings was expected to become a first team regular. Just a squad player, which is what we need.

When I've seen him play, he never really did much wrong.

Hellings, Cort, Stearman, Sheehan, Clarke and Fryatt are all part of the manager's thinking. So is Porter to an extent.

Helling, Cort, Stearman and Clearke might be but I doubt they're good enough. Sheehan and Fryatt won't play much and neither will Porter so they might as well move to a club where their abilities are appreciated.

Fryatt is popular here, even I've quite liked watching him during the close season, but he's become a bit part player.

Sheehan and Porter are hardly the fans' favourites, rather like Logan and would all be better off somewhere their style of play is wanted and appreciated as I'm sure Logan is finding out already.

As I've saidmany times, fans hear would sooner have some exotic import than a home product - until they find out the import is shit.

It's the same with Newton and Gradel really.

I really expected some exciting signings over the summer, people who really had a bit about them and could compliment our youngsters.

Instead I've been worse than disappointed. Hayes has offered a glimmer of bright light but, like Cort, is forever injured.

Chambers looked the part at right back but the rest - well, gradually, the reasons why they were released have become apparent.

Helling, Cort, Stearman and Clearke might be but I doubt they're good enough. Sheehan and Fryatt won't play much and neither will Porter so they might as well move to a club where their abilities are appreciated.

Fryatt is popular here, even I've quite liked watching him during the close season, but he's become a bit part player.

Sheehan and Porter are hardly the fans' favourites, rather like Logan and would all be better off somewhere their style of play is wanted and appreciated as I'm sure Logan is finding out already.

As I've saidmany times, fans hear would sooner have some exotic import than a home product - until they find out the import is shit.

I really expected some exciting signings over the summer, people who really had a bit about them and could compliment our youngsters.

Instead I've been worse than disappointed. Hayes has offered a glimmer of bright light but, like Cort, is forever injured.

Chambers looked the part at right back but the rest - well, gradually, the reasons why they were released have become apparent.

What about N'Gotty? You were practically doing the beast with two backs with him for the whole of pre-season.

not far out with this , thracian :thumbup:

Not to mention the fact Thracian has also written off a player who only came through the doors 24 hours ago, hasn't played a game and who he hasn't seen play purely on the basis of a couple of views from the North East.

I'll be happy to revise that if he proves me wrong.

On what basis was Newton signed, one excellent 45 minutes against brum last season is all I recall. For a guy who should be greatful to be playing having come back from a drugs ban, I expect more from a professional. He's looking another mediocre player at best. There's still a stench of Rob Kelly in these here parts!!!

Douglas (surplus),

Maybury (surplus),

Hughes (surplus),

Neilsen (mistake)

Hellings (ordinary)

Fryatt (won't play much)

King (won't play)

Dodds (see Porter)

Cort (injury prone)

Newton (not good enough)

Sheehan (see Porter)

Stearman (inconsistent)

Hammond (see Porter)

That's 13 players!

Unbelievable.

What about N'Gotty? You were practically doing the beast with two backs with him for the whole of pre-season.

He's one of the undecideds. The bloke clearly has class and, against less demanding opposition looked exactly the calm, authoritive centre-back we needed - a guy who played the game simply and made himself available. But he seems a lot more exposed against better, faster opposition and I'm just concerned that all the class in the world won't make up for slowing legs..

Archived