Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm concerned

Finally, someone with a bit of sense amongst the ‘let’s be patient’ and ‘Give the shitters time’ gang.

I actually entirely agree with what Thracian has posted here. All of the above players listed are garbage. What’s the point to them? They serve no purpose at this football club. Get them off the wage bill will help things for a start.

If we could offload that pile crap it would be step in the right direction.

yeah, until we get injuries and suspensions - oh wait, we already have them :frusty:

christ, not so long ago we could barely field a full squad, and had no reserves structure in place - sure, these players aren't the best, but if MM feels he can afford to have them around, who's it hurting???

So, Allen goes on a summer signing spree like no other in the league this close season, then after just one league game feels the need to start making short term loans to fill the squad's shortcomings.

To boot we have a huge farce over Hasselbaink, yet he could'nt wait to stump up 1.5mil for DJ Campbell, who is yet to prove himself at any level below the lower leagues. Highly experienced Hasselbaink who has scored reguarly at almost every club he has been at is only wanted on trial despite the fact he wont cost a red cent, and Manadaric has worked hard to secure a quality player for the club.

Mandaric bites his tongue publicly but you cant help wondering just how hard he was kicking the cat back at home that evening after Allen made him look very stupid.

Sadly for me the cracks are beggining to appear already.

Who knows how bad the damage was in relationship between Mandaric and Allen. I would imagine if Allen's player choices start to deliver the goods and the team starts to win and play well then all this will fade into the background, however given current relations I doubt it will take too much before Mandaric starts to doubt his choice for the hot seat.

It seems Manadaric already has forked out on one costly contract for another player who wont see the light of day for the first team again, lets hope that is the end of the mistakes and in the main Allen has secured us some players who will do the team proud.

I always new with Allen at the helm it would never be boring, I just hope we get exitement for the right reasons.

It's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment isn't it, even the weather is shit. Every team has it's shit players, it's alright to feel a little bit 'panicy' because our expectations are high. No wonder MA wanted JFH to take a trial after we offered players like Neilson and Hellings contracts straight up, players which he probably never asked for

heh, well the weather here is lovely - gone 6, beautiful blue sky sun pouring through the window, shorts and t-shirt...

football? who cares!

yeah, until we get injuries and suspensions - oh wait, we already have them :frusty:

christ, not so long ago we could barely field a full squad, and had no reserves structure in place - sure, these players aren't the best, but if MM feels he can afford to have them around, who's it hurting???

No-one's saying we shouldn't get replacements. Just that's there's no point in Martin Allen having players on the books which, as another poster pointed out, he's got little or no apparent confidence in.

I accept him wanting players who attitudes/attributes mirror his. So be ruthless. Get rid of what doesn't suit and build your own ideal.

Fryatt's a classic really. There's no right or wrong about Fryatt. Some managers wll like his style others won't. And if Fryatt's not going to get picked sell him. Get someone you do want.

So, Allen goes on a summer signing spree like no other in the league this close season, then after just one league game feels the need to start making short term loans to fill the squad's shortcomings.

To boot we have a huge farce over Hasselbaink, yet he could'nt wait to stump up 1.5mil for DJ Campbell, who is yet to prove himself at any level below the lower leagues. Highly experienced Hasselbaink who has scored reguarly at almost every club he has been at is only wanted on trial despite the fact he wont cost a red cent, and Manadaric has worked hard to secure a quality player for the club.

Mandaric bites his tongue publicly but you cant help wondering just how hard he was kicking the cat back at home that evening after Allen made him look very stupid.

Who knows how bad the damage was in relationship between Mandaric and Allen. I would imagine if Allen's player choices start to deliver the goods and the team starts to win and play well then all this will fade into the background, however given current relations I doubt it will take too much before Mandaric starts to doubt his choice for the hot seat.

It seems Manadaric already has forked out on one costly contract for another player who wont see the light of day for the first team again, lets hope that is the end of the mistakes and in the main Allen has secured us some players who will do the team proud.

I always new with Allen at the helm it would never be boring, I just hope we get exitement for the right reasons.

That seems a fair enough appraisal but you would think that with any signing the chairman and manager might communicate first, decide what's to be done and then talk to the player. It's hard to imagine they didn't communicate but it seems apparent they didn't understand each other.

3 words, ONE GAME IN

i dont know what reprts/comments you have been reading but it was always the intention ot bring in some loan signings... that has been said on a couple of occasions..

'Sadly for me the cracks are beggining to appear already.'

that bit is rather pathetic.

No-one's saying we shouldn't get replacements. Just that's there's no point in Martin Allen having players on the books which, as another poster pointed out, he's got little or no apparent confidence in.

I accept him wanting players who attitudes/attributes mirror his. So be ruthless. Get rid of what doesn't suit and build your own

ideal.

Fryatt's a classic really. There's no right or wrong about Fryatt. Some managers wll like his style others won't. And if Fryatt's not going to get picked sell him. Get someone you do want.

It's one thing wanting players out and another getting them out....contracts and all that. Most of those players you mentioned would have been gone long ago if anyone actually wanted them. Mandaric/Allen have had to sign a complete squad to make City even competitive on a budget. It's unrealistic to expect them all to be world beaters.

I accept him wanting players who attitudes/attributes mirror his. So be ruthless. Get rid of what doesn't suit and build your own

ideal.

i cannot see why some on here cannot grasp the points you ( and to a lesser degree myself ) have been trying to make about the seemingly ridiculous amount of players conscripted without proper assessment of either these players or those that they are to replace

yes ; bring in new players by all means but only after careful vetting and appraisal ; this is the thrust of my concern ( and i hope i am wrong), maybe the players brought in will prove to be worthwhile replacements but at the moment i really do not hold out much hope for more than 2 or 3 ( of the 15 is it now ? i've lost count)

at the moment everyone seems to be blaming bad advice by scouts etc but the buck stops at the manager's desk for bad buys so he should have checked them out first ;

i wouldn't buy a used car for £50 on someone elses say so so why would a manager bring in players by this " somebody reckons he's good" method :dunno:

i cannot see why some on here cannot grasp the points you ( and to a lesser degree myself ) have been trying to make about the seemingly ridiculous amount of players conscripted without proper assessment of either these players or those that they are to replace

I cannot see why some on here cannot grasp the points I (and others) have been trying to make about the seemingly ridiculous amount of posts written without proper assessment of either these players or those that they are to replace.

We also will have had to negotiate a pay-off to MacKay and Fullilo after sacking/making them redundant. This is money that has been wasted and i'm wondering just how much more Mandaric has readily available to realise his dream of Premiership football.

What are you talking about? We've got 25 million, duh! :whistle:

Sheehan and Porter are hardly the fans' favourites, rather like Logan and would all be better off somewhere their style of play is wanted and appreciated as I'm sure Logan is finding out already.

League two, then?

I cannot see why some on here cannot grasp the points I (and others) have been trying to make about the seemingly ridiculous amount of posts written without proper assessment of either these players or those that they are to replace.

can you really not see the point that bringing in 15 (or however many it is now ) players in such short a time is ridiculous in the extreme;

why not bring in 4 or 5 new faces that look good enough to make a claim for a place ? that would have been ample; any more than that amount cannot possibly be expected to blend in (and most of these will be kicking their heels just waiting for payday and cluttering up the changing rooms ) ; this is just an opinion i know but sometimes if you think someone is making stupid errors ( like sven's squad selection at the world cup ) you cannot help but voice concerns

just ask yourself ; have you never once criticised someone for doing something you really feel is wrong before it actually smacks them in the face ?

Don't Panic Mr Mannering!

And don't panic all of us - I think most would agree, Clemence and N'Gotty sound good sigings. Cort - hmmmm, yeah not fit much, but hopefully his luck will change. Chambers people are happy with. Fulop - interesting sigining. Clarke - filling that left back void everyone's been talking about.

MA has done some good stuff so far, he's even got big De Vris looking fit! And turning away JFH - well Cardiff have him now, and Peter Risdale was good at signing people at Leeds wasn't he - so maybe thats a blessing? 10 games people - if we've won more than 5, we're on the right track. MA was never going to win his first game after Stelling let us know about the curse of the managers first game.

As for the crap we're trying to offload - it takes ages to get shit to go - I had some stuck in my shoe once, i stank for weeks!

Allen - Sort yourself out

I really dont wanna sound like im putting the man down before he's even started but some of the things does sound bizarre to me

- Signs a injury-prone Cort who hasnt played more then 4 games on the trot in the last 2 seasons

- Signs Campbell for £1.2m, Then sits him on the bench

- Insists on keeping Fryatt, Then doesn't play him ,then plays him in midfield

- Doesnt want to sign Hasslebaink, Then signs Clive Clarke

Is it just me ? :o

Sorry, but when did we get halfway through the season and lie in the bottom 5!!??? :unsure::dunno:

Come on people get a grip!!! Or are you all practising for your next job as Carlise Chairman!!??

Archived