Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm concerned

I am concerned, I have a few.

It's just come to me on transit from the gents. We haven't disposed of a player permanently since Patrick McCarthy back in early June and according to Allen, we wanted to keep him!. Yet we have umpteen players who are surplus to requirements and they are still here.

I am also concerned that we appear to have made some horrible signings, possibly Junior Lewis standards (Neilson, Hellings) and we'll have to shell out more money to replace them and possibly pay them off eventually.

We also will have had to negotiate a pay-off to MacKay and Fullilo after sacking/making them redundant. This is money that has been wasted and i'm wondering just how much more Mandaric has readily available to realise his dream of Premiership football.

There will need to be a fair amount kept by to pay off managers that we'll be sacking if things don't go to plan and compensation to clubs for other managers.

I wonder when we'll next be cashing in on one of our players. I'd be so much happier if we could get rid of Hughes, Maybury, Elvis and a few others. It's got to be costing us a fortune in wages for all 30 odd first team players.

You're not allowed to be concerned.

You said that you're willing to take the rough with the smooth, it's what Milans all about.

;)

What are you talking about? We've got 25 million, duh! :whistle:

League two, then?

It's no skin off my nose if they play in League Two. Indeed your assessment may prove right if the club isn't willing or able to add the final touches to their development.

Personally I feel the sooner we get people playing their sort of pass and move football the better. But if MA doesn't see it that way there's no point in stalling their careers whether they'll be in League Two or anywhere else.

Tell you what though. It is only the Gradel's, McKay's, Ashley Chambers and Odhiambo's who have added any sparkle to the football at Leicester these last three seasons with their speed, trickery, fast passing and their willingness to have a go.

I thought MA would bring in some seniors like that - people like Billy Eastwood, Robert Earnshaw or Robbie Fowler.

But what we've got is an abundance of hard work, solid professionalism and honesty. More from the Kelly mould really. But no sign whatever of skill and panache, a bit of class.

Hayes might be the exception but so far it's just been a brief glimpse. And I'm looking forward to seeing Ka'ebi. It isn't a lot though for the money spent.

I am concerned, I have a few.

It's just come to me on transit from the gents. We haven't disposed of a player permanently since Patrick McCarthy back in early June and according to Allen, we wanted to keep him!. Yet we have umpteen players who are surplus to requirements and they are still here.

I am also concerned that we appear to have made some horrible signings, possibly Junior Lewis standards (Neilson, Hellings) and we'll have to shell out more money to replace them and possibly pay them off eventually.

We also will have had to negotiate a pay-off to MacKay and Fullilo after sacking/making them redundant. This is money that has been wasted and i'm wondering just how much more Mandaric has readily available to realise his dream of Premiership football.

There will need to be a fair amount kept by to pay off managers that we'll be sacking if things don't go to plan and compensation to clubs for other managers.

I wonder when we'll next be cashing in on one of our players. I'd be so much happier if we could get rid of Hughes, Maybury, Elvis and a few others. It's got to be costing us a fortune in wages for all 30 odd first team players.

I can remember started a "Im worried" thread myself whilst on holiday but that was before the DJ, Clem, Chambers, Kaebi and others had signed!

I kind of understand some of the things you say but at the same time I think that these concerns, especially the transfer ones, should be treated as the type of deals that Milan does! He is a high turnover of staff kinda guy lol and it wont be anything different with us. It may seem ruthless by sacking people like McKay and Fucillo but what do we care? If they arent doing the business and maybe if they were to blame for some of the signings then they can fook off. That wont stop MM backing the manager in the transfer market whether on permanent or like today, loan deals. 14 players in and maybe more to come!

I understand your frustration with the selling of players but on the plus side, someone like MDV may have been well away had anyone bid! I doubt he`ll sell him now as he looks like a different player, in play and physical condition. Kenton is another who looks like staying which isnt a bad thing but Hughes not signing a deal when a fee was agreed is annoying, as is the Elvis and Rab situation. The club cant be blamed for them not moving as they don't seem to be requested big fees (£50k for Hughes is quite cheap considering the fee for Paddy Mac). Lets hope that if we cant get rid of the transfer listed players now they get so bored that they`ll leave by the next transfer window.

As for a few of the signings, todays Fulop deal signals to me that MA doesn't rate Nielsen at all so he seems a dud but Hellings has played for Anderlecht and Ajax and has been involved in a £1.5m deal in his relatively inexperienced career. Cort is dodgy but who knows how good he`ll be when fit and Kaebi is highly rated. I dont think there are many duds there despite people over reacting to what they have seen regarding the likes of Clem, DJ and Kisha so far.

We are a win or two away from all the worrying to be over and lets hope that it starts against Palace to ease the nerves!

The point I was trying to make wasn't so much as i'm worried too much about the manager and the players, but the money that's been spent and possibly wasted on certain people. Plus the fact we can't seem to get rid of the dead wood.

The point I was trying to make wasn't so much as i'm worried too much about the manager and the players, but the money that's been spent and possibly wasted on certain people. Plus the fact we can't seem to get rid of the dead wood.

Which may,now looking at it,include SOME of the new players!!!! :D:unsure:

You can't blame people for not wanting the dead wood.

You can't blame people for not wanting the dead wood.

Sorry, but even though we ridicule the likes of Hughes, Maybury and Elvis. They are still capable of playing at League One level, SPL level and possibly for a team who's got smaller aspirations than we have at Championship level.

Maybury and Hughes have had a lot of interest from up in Scotland, but for reasons unknown they are still here. Likewise with Douglas, but I can understand him wanting a final year on a hefty wage here. But Hughes and Maybury have many years ahead of them and surely they want to be involved in first team football this year.

So, Allen goes on a summer signing spree like no other in the league this close season, then after just one league game feels the need to start making short term loans to fill the squad's shortcomings.To boot we have a huge farce over Hasselbaink, yet he could'nt wait to stump up 1.5mil for DJ Campbell, who is yet to prove himself at any level below the lower leagues. Highly experienced Hasselbaink who has scored reguarly at almost every club he has been at is only wanted on trial despite the fact he wont cost a red cent, and Manadaric has worked hard to secure a quality player for the club.Mandaric bites his tongue publicly but you cant help wondering just how hard he was kicking the cat back at home that evening after Allen made him look very stupid.Sadly for me the cracks are beggining to appear already.Who knows how bad the damage was in relationship between Mandaric and Allen. I would imagine if Allen's player choices start to deliver the goods and the team starts to win and play well then all this will fade into the background, however given current relations I doubt it will take too much before Mandaric starts to doubt his choice for the hot seat.It seems Manadaric already has forked out on one costly contract for another player who wont see the light of day for the first team again, lets hope that is the end of the mistakes and in the main Allen has secured us some players who will do the team proud.I always new with Allen at the helm it would never be boring, I just hope we get exitement for the right reasons.
exactly, so why try to second guess - let's just leave them to it, turn up to the games (if we can) and talk about each performance as and when it comes, it's their money, let them spend it as they like...
We really are a fanbase of moaners :frusty:
um, i didn't moan, i said it was sunny :(

Why worry about it, it's Milans money that is being wasted not yours, I really couldn't care less how much money Milan is throwing away.

Why worry about it, it's Milans money that is being wasted not yours, I really couldn't care less how much money Milan is throwing away.

glad to agree with you on this - after so many years of poverty, it is nice to be wasteful...

Fair enough. It seems that Hughes read your post and felt threatened as is seemingly on his way to Hearts after a Thursday night medical lol

BTW one clubs dead wood is another's star player! Ask Peterboro about Josh Low or Rotherham about COG! Elvis would go down a storm for Exeter and would be treated like a king! Also, as its Elvis Presleys 30 year anniversary of his death, it would be only right for our Elvis to have a few hamburgers and fudge off to his new job at Maccie D`s. :thumbup:

Simple fact is we also need squad players other then first teamers, fryatt is probably considered good enough for reserves and sub by allen so worth keeping, need fyatt to keep capmbell hume and co on their toes knowing fryatt is waiting in the wings should they go off form.

Simple fact is we also need squad players other then first teamers, fryatt is probably considered good enough for reserves and sub by allen so worth keeping, need fyatt to keep capmbell hume and co on their toes knowing fryatt is waiting in the wings should they go off form.

The good news is that MA will continue to shop lol. http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2668533,00.html

Allen: I'll keep shopping for stars

Leicester manager Martin Allen intends making more signings before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

Allen snapped up Clive Clarke and goalkeeper Marton Fulop this week on respective three-month and season-long loans from Sunderland.

He said: "Do I feel I have got the balance of the squad right now? No, I don't actually.

"For the first to games of the season we have been playing right-sided players on the left so that is a situation which clearly needs to be improved.

"This week I have been out at a game almost every night of the week because I want to find out as much as I can about players.

"We are also putting a good scouting system in place as well now."

Archived