Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

Richard Stearman just got older

Agree with that. Allen seems to rate him. He was mentioned as being a player he consulted regarding the captaincy (a list that otherwise included other candidates) and captained for 30 minutes or so in pre-season, did he not?

With defence seemingly one of our stronger points at the minute he might struggle to make the squad, but I see no need to write-off a potentially good player at the age of 20, even if he has performed erratically.

I don't know about others but I'd like to see Stearz at center-back for the watford game, alongside N'Gotty. I didn't see him play center-back during pre-season but heard he was alright there and that is his natural position and on a brighter note we can surely do no worst than play him instead of Kis or McAuley I'd of thought :dunno:

I don't know about others but I'd like to see Stearz at center-back for the watford game, alongside N'Gotty. I didn't see him play center-back during pre-season but heard he was alright there and that is his natural position and on a brighter note we can surely do no worst than play him instead of Kis or McAuley I'd of thought :dunno:

What?

Ahead of Kisnorbo?

He's not ahead of McAuley either.

That's just how I feel about him. OK, I think I'm being a bit harsh by saying he's as bad as Maybury, but he's definitely not a lot better.

That's bollocks tbh.

Pissed up or not, he's still got the talent and the ability to be a good defender. It's just his attitude, and other characteristics preventing him atm.

Whereas Maybury is just shite.

That's bollocks tbh.

Pissed up or not, he's still got the talent and the ability to be a good defender. It's just his attitude, and other characteristics preventing him atm.

Somewhat versatile shite never-the-less :P

No jokin aside, it truely has to be said; Stearman does have the ability if only he was played in position and on a regular basis. On the opening game of this season i thought our defense was a tad immobile with gareth and bruno whereas at least stearz can run so him and bruno i'd still like to see play central defense together.

P.S. Happy belated birthday to stearz ;)

That's bollocks tbh.

But in my opinion, Stearman is shite too.

I can't remember the last competetive game Stearman had a good game in. Even if he has had the odd good game, it's not like he's been consistent. And if he was that good he'd be commanding a regular first team place now. From what I see he's at least third choice right back. That has to tell you something in a let's face it, pretty average side.

But in my opinion, Stearman is shite too.

I can't remember the last competetive game Stearman had a good game in. Even if he has had the odd good game, it's not like he's been consistent. And if he was that good he'd be commanding a regular first team place now. From what I see he's at least third choice right back. That has to tell you something in a let's face it, pretty average side.

Behind James Chambers and Bruno N'Gotty I imagine you mean? Who are expercienced players who have both played in the premiership.

I think a lot of the blame has to be laid at the city management structure. Time and again we see promising youngsters break through and it seems there isn't a support stucture to ensure they stay focussed and on track in their development. I remember reading about Sir Alex's regime at united and how strict he was with his young and upcoming players. It seems like at city the minute you break free of the youth setup you're on your own with you several grand a week wage. At 19 if someone gave me a couple of grand a week to play a bit of footy I know what I'd blow it on! It's clear they need guidance and just as importantly quality elder players that they can actually learn something from.

At 20, Stearman is City's longest-serving player, and has already appeared under FIVE different managers.

That tells us plenty about the instability that has afflicted our club in recent seasons, and has taken its toll on him in particular.

He's become a jack of all trades and master of none. He needs to decide on what his best position is, and then work on the skills he needs to secure a first-team slot there.

Otherwise he'll just be offloaded to the lower leagues in a couple of years. And that would be a sad loss of potential.

At 20, Stearman is City's longest-serving player, and has already appeared under FIVE different managers.

That tells us plenty about the instability that has afflicted our club in recent seasons, and has taken its toll on him in particular.

He's become a jack of all trades and master of none. He needs to decide on what his best position is, and then work on the skills he needs to secure a first-team slot there.

Otherwise he'll just be offloaded to the lower leagues in a couple of years. And that would be a sad loss of potential.

Its not really down to what he wants though is it? If he limits himself to one position he would arguably hardly play but now we can use him in defence or midfield so is a useful squad player. I personally dont think that he is as bad as some make out but he could be one to show sufficient improvement and progress to cement a place in the squad. Age is on his side but he does need to show that improvement.

2 years ago, he was really good, possibly one of the best players we had that season, but at the same time it could have been the case of best of a bad bunch, last season I though he was pretty shocking but from the bits I have seen of him this season he looks back to the form of 2 years ago.

You reckon?:unsure:

He hasn't impressed in either of his two sub appearances to date.

Maybe a spell in the reserves will give him the chance to knuckle down and regain some true form.

You reckon?:unsure:

He hasn't impressed in either of his two sub appearances to date.

Maybe a spell in the reserves will give him the chance to knuckle down and regain some true form.

He was awful when he came on against Accrington. I think you could be right with the reserves thing. Some regular football will let the manager see what he's really like.

Stearman has generally been much more his old self since MA arrived

If someone finds a huge chip in Leicester City centre, could you please make sure that you do not, I repeat, do not return it to its rightful owner.

Thank you.

If someone finds a huge chip in Leicester City centre, could you please make sure that you do not, I repeat, do not return it to its rightful owner.

Thank you.

Richard Stearman has been useless now for 2 seasons. yes he did well initially but for all those who say his is of a different mentality this year I say you have not been playing close enough attention to his lackluster displays yet again! He does not deserve a shirt the way he is and has been playing! lets give a blue shirt to some one who shows the passion deserving to wear it! He is suppose to be a Leicester fan and someone who should know what it means to wear the shirt, his displays in it since 2005 have been little short of a disgrace.

In short play with passion and you can ride around in your flash mobile all you like and i will cheer you for having the ability and privilege we all wish to have! If not you can get ****ed you lanky streak! Can you tell what I think of you at the moment Rodney? :@

Im sure there were rumours of him going to Villa/Sunderland? I don't think you can knock it that he has potential, just not getting the opportunities. When he played week in week out a couple of seasons back he was good. It's just the state of affairs at city at the minute...and maybe a bit too much of Poker/going to Life... :unsure:

Im sure there were rumours of him going to Villa/Sunderland? I don't think you can knock it that he has potential, just not getting the opportunities. When he played week in week out a couple of seasons back he was good. It's just the state of affairs at city at the minute...and maybe a bit too much of Poker/going to Life... :unsure:

He has been seen drinking water and refusing drinks in various Clubs in Luffbra and Leicester. :unsure:

he's not looked good the last year but i still think he's a talented player with a good future if he really wants it. i'm just not sure he has that drive and i also think he's got a problem in that he's a player who favours centre back but hasn't appeared to build up sufficiently in the physical sense. obviously times on his side but look at Michah Richards and he's younger. go dicky

Archived