Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

Richard Stearman just got older

Stearman is actually a centre back, and to be fair to him we haven't seen him in that position.

He played there briefly in the friendly against Portsmouth, if I remember rightly.

I don't doubt that Stearman celebrated his birthday in style. :rolleyes:

Forget 'not progressed' - he's gone backwards over the last year and a half. It's such a shame too, he looked a fantastic prospect when he first broke through. I think a lot of the blame lies directly at Stearman himself, especially with his off-field partying. But he has been badly managed I agree, especially with Kelly playing him in any available position.

I think he's got to really knuckle down to realise the potential he had, otherwise he could quite easily fall by the wayside and become another City academy kid that drops down the divisions into obscurity.

Forget 'not progressed' - he's gone backwards over the last year and a half. It's such a shame too, he looked a fantastic prospect when he first broke through. I think a lot of the blame lies directly at Stearman himself, especially with his off-field partying. But he has been badly managed I agree, especially with Kelly playing him in any available position.

I think he's got to really knuckle down to realise the potential he had, otherwise he could quite easily fall by the wayside and become another City academy kid that drops down the divisions into obscurity.

All very true.

He used to be our brightest prospect. Now he can't command a place in the squad, never mind the team.

Yes, i'm sure Richard Stearman is sitting at his computer reading Joe's comment on Foxestalk :rolleyes:

The comments do get back I assure you.

And such remarks are totally unjustified. Stearman has generally been much more his old self since MA arrived and if Stearman fails to command a place it will be because he's got stronger competition now.

The comments do get back I assure you.

And such remarks are totally unjustified. Stearman has generally been much more his old self since MA arrived and if Stearman fails to command a place it will be because he's got stronger competition now.

Sorry Thracian but how can you possibly say he's been much more his old self when he's barely played?

Stearman's not playing for a one reason. He's not good enough. Simple as. In my opinion he's not a good enough player for us and won't ever be. Since making a promising start at 17, he's only gone downhill.

Can't see him being at the club for much longer really :dunno:

Sorry Thracian but how can you possibly say he's been much more his old self when he's barely played?

Stearman's not playing for a one reason. He's not good enough. Simple as. In my opinion he's not a good enough player for us and won't ever be. Since making a promising start at 17, he's only gone downhill.

Can't see him being at the club for much longer really :dunno:

I saw him throughout pre-season and it was quite clear he was properly fit and focused. Like many young players he's still erratic but as a fairly versatile player who can play central defence or full-back I doubt there'd be a rush to be rid of him.

Whether he can be a significant squad member considering the competition he'll face, both now and in the future, is another matter entirely. But MA seemed to hold him in fairly high regard when he commented on him at Kilworth. But things can change fast in football.

Archived